hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobbies

hi, i sometimes wonder what all of you do in your spare time, (that's if you have any) for example i love to do cross stitch and have done so for for the last 30 years, i also like making greeting cards, especially baby cards, they are my favourites,i make the ones with the little knitted baby bootties and jumpers and hope to sell them at the markets soon, i have made about 90 cards, also i like to scrap book, which is very popular here in australia, maybe we could have a section for our hobbies and arts and crafts,what do you all think, take care martha
    Martha

Hi Martha I have a stack of scrapbooking stuff, just cant find time to do any. Must get my photos in order and extra copies.

A hobby thread sounds great. We could bounce ideas off each other.

Comment

yes i agree it may take our mind of our bladder troubles for a little while, sometimes i find that all i think about is my bladder, and we get so pre-occupied with that, we let everything slide to the sideline, i am sure there are a lot more girls out there that have some sort of hobby, it does not matter what it is, as long as you enjoy what you are doing, so i hope to get some more suggestions, martha
      Martha

Comment

Oh! I love to scrap also (scrapbook, not fight, lol)! It's just finding the time and the concentration + inspiration lately. I seem to be in a funk. I thought getting the new computer (as I was computer-free at home for about 4 years) would help, since I could work on my photos and pages etc...but nope. Have worked on my photos (Love photgraphy) but that's about as far as it goes. Instead of writer's block, I have scrapper's block...lol

I love to crosss stitch too, but haven't done that in ages, usually that's a winter project for me, lol.

Hugs!
        Hugs,
        Tracey
        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
        Others:
        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

I like to sew. I've also been trying to learn to operate a spinning wheel.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Oh yeah! I forgot about my sewing! I am not very good, still a bit of a novice, but there's something to be said for the good feeling I get when I successfully navigate through a pattern, on my own -- and have it turn out!!! Yippy!!
            Hugs,
            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
            IC dx'd Nov 2004
            Possible IBS
            Current IC Meds
            Previous IC Meds taken:
            Others:

Comment

thanks for the replies so far guys, i went to k-mart today and bought some more paper, i have this thing about paper, i seem to have more than i know what to do with, donna you're a moderator, do you think Jill will give us a section for hobbies, arts and crafts?? thanks martha
              Martha

Comment

Sheeba, I am a pen fanatic, my hubby teases me about it! But, gotta find ones I love sooooooo I end up buying tons just to find the "perfect" pen! And all I do is write in my journal at night! LOL
                Hugs,
                Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                IC dx'd Nov 2004
                Possible IBS
                Current IC Meds
                Previous IC Meds taken:
                Others:

Comment

I like to do mosaic (if it doesnt move, it gets mosaic). It is very tedious work, but i like it and it keeps my mind off things.
                  Bianchi

Comment

I like to read a lot, and I listen to music, do my school work, write, and go online. I'm home alone during the day every day usually, so I spend a lot of time curled up with my little yellow lab.
                    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

I like to fish, I am really into fly fishing. I also sew and quilt.
                      Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
                      http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

I make Christmas ornaments by bead embroidery, also make bracelets with beads. I also like to make cards with nature prints. Colored stamp pads & use leaves & flowers instead of stamps to make designs.
                        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                        Source - Pinterest
                        "

Current treatments:
                        -IC diet
                        -Elavil 50mg at night
                        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                        -Pyridium if needed,
                        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                        -Managing stress= VERY important!
                        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

WOW you girls are really crafty. I am the one who buys all your neat crafts when you get done. I guess my only hobby is "taxi mom" seems that is all I get done is running one of them somewhere, no time for a hobby.

Wait can I count shopping...............that seems to be a good thing for me. Hubby says I have a black belt in shopping.

Comment

Painting used to be my hobby, 'til it turned into a job.

That leaves me with fishing & hunting for hobbies, though I don't seem to have the time to get out much anymore!

Vicki
                            "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

I read a lot... and I like to find new recipes to cook. I used to be very into photography but don't have enough time these days when working full time... I also like to sketch, but again, no time these days!!! I would love to start scrapbooking and get my photos (taken by me, and also by others) into some nice books, but again it all falls by the wayside in favor of sleep a lot of the time
                              Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
                              *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                              *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                              *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X