No announcement yet.

hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hee hee! I hear ya, I got all kinds of stuff, just haven't put any of it into "action" so to speak, eck!!!!
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

• Don't you just hate it when you type out a reply and you accidentlly hit some or other key and it disappears? I'll start again.

I haven't been around much as I has been helping a friend with a party for her hubbys 50th. They are having a Greek theme. I'm going as Homer, Not Simpson but Homer of The Iliad fame.
      My computer has been busy printing out life sized pictures of Greek statues. I've put Tom's face on a particularly well endowed Hercules. Vicki is very impressed!
      We are making columns out of painted corrigated cardboard to go around the room as well and will drape metres and metres of netting.
      I'm also doing the cake, a 20" x 20" mud cake with his face on the top and a very large protruding nose...his idea! It is going to be a fantastic night.

But now the best news... The Hobby Section Ta Da!
      Thank you Jill. And a big big thankyou to Martha for coming up with such a great suggestion. I can't wait to see what developes. I know it will be a wonderful source of help and information to us all. Perhaps we should have a "bragging thread" because we all should be proud of what we can achieve at times. What do you think?

I'd better get back to Pegasus....my hard drive is so full that I can't work in photoshop and be online at the same time...Mr Fussypants Computer just freezes up on me.

Rosalie
      Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

• Wow, that party sounds like a lot of fun, creative and clever! Also sounds very "crafty" too!! LOL Have fun!

Hugs
        Hugs,
        Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Others:
        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

• hi, thanks Rosalie, it's good to see you're back, I thought your computer was on the blink, anyway I hope we can really get into the crafty stuff now, since we now have our own section.
          I'm on a roll with those envelopes rosalie, made plenty... all different colours, the glue to use for the topbit of the envelope is so easy, just vinegar, gelatine,and vanilla extract, and you mix it all together in a pan, you have to boil it first, and then you can brush it on the envelope, let it dry, and when you are ready to seal the card , you just lick the glue, or use a sponge to dampen,...and the excess glue can be stored in a airtight container for future use, and melt again by putting in a pan of warm water, how easy is that? anyway hope you have a great time at that party, it sounds really good, ...take care martha
          Martha

Comment

• Here is one of my pages. It's my youngest (now 4) when he was a baby:

Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

• what a gorgeous baby, thanks for showing his photo's. martha
              Martha

Comment

• Thank you, Martha.
                Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

• What a cutie Kim. How do you get photos into your message?
                  I'd love to be able to see everyones craft projects.
                  Rosalie
                  Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

• First you have to upload your pics to a photo site. photobucket.com and flickr.com both have free services available.

ONce you have your pictures up on a site, you can link to your photo in your post. Use the "Go Advanced" option when replying to a thread or message here.

In the toolbar of your reply box you will see a little square that has what looks like a mountain in it. That is the "insert image" button. Click that and then paste in the link to your photo in the box that comes up. Click "OK" and your photo should show up in your post.
                    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Comment

• hi Kim, I had a look through the 2 websites you mentioned, do we need a digital camera for this?? and they also mentioned a camera phone, like Rosalie said it would be good if we could show photo's of our craftwork, I'm not that clever with a lot of computer stuff yet, but I am learning something new all the time, ..martha
                      Martha

Comment

• A digital camera will work. You just upload your pictures from your digital camera to your computer. Then you upload from your computer to one of those webpages.

You can also scan photos from a film camera. You scan them in and save them to your computer. Then you upload from your computer to one of those sites.

If you decide to try, give me a holler and I'll help if I can.
                        Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Comment

• thank you very much kim, martha
                          Martha

Comment

• Oh yes, those sites make it rather fun! I just learned how to insert pics in a post on my town's local newspaper message board! Watch out, once we all get doing it, we'll see everything! LMAO!! Hmmm, wonder what I want to share.....lol!

Hugs!
                            Hugs,
                            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                            IC dx'd Nov 2004
                            Possible IBS
                            Current IC Meds
                            Previous IC Meds taken: