No announcement yet.

Using your computer for craft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Pingpong, I want to say nice to see you on the craft board as well!! I love making greeting cards on my computer, I haven't done it in ages though! Thanks for reminding me of that addiction I have as well...just what I need...lol!!! I use The Print Shop for my stuff, it's one of my favorite programs for that. I started with version 5 WAY back when, and now I just purchased version 20 a couple months ago...good stuff!!

Good question Rosalie. What about setting a different print setting in your printer's properties right before you print, I know there are different paper-usage choices, like transparencies etc, that lay on the ink heavier I think...maybe that might stay wet enough...

I love embossing! Once again, thanks for reminding me of another addiction...ugh. I have the heat tool and everything...just need some new embossing ink. I used to have a ball point embossing pen as well, you write what you want, sprinkle on your powder, heat and you are good to go. Very cool.

Oh boy, like I don't have enough going on or I should say, like I don't have enough I am trying to get working on, lol. That's another thing I love about scrapbooking, it combines rubber stamping if like as well....

Hugs!
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Ooohhh, I am so frustrated, because I want to learn but don't know where to start, I feel like a big dope, anyway I will figure it out, I don't give up that easy, nope I will not give up haha, martha
      Martha

Comment

Oh girly you sound like me. I remember when I got my first scanner one year for Christmas. I was soooo excited, I set to working on getting it up and running pronto. Well, I had nothing but problems, I worked on it for EIGHT (yes 8) hours straight, bound and determined to get it working and installed. Come to find out the darn thing was defective!!! ARGH!! Then replacement we got installed in like 5 minutes...lol. But I too do not give up!!! LMAO!!!

Hugs!
        Hugs,
        Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Others:

Comment

Hi, is anybody here interested in origami ( paperfolding) I have a great site, it's in japanese, but it is quite easy to work out, and they even show you in slow motion kinda way how to do it, if you would like the site just pm me, and I will sent it to you, martha
          Martha

Comment

Martha you are a genius! The only person I know how would perservere with japanese instructions. LOL

Just kidding, I'd love to have a look at that site. Can you pm me the details.
            Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

You're right Rosalie, that's funny come to think of it, going ahead with Japanese instructions!! LMAO!!!!
              Hugs,
              Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
              IC dx'd Nov 2004
              Possible IBS
              Current IC Meds
              Previous IC Meds taken:
              Others:

Comment

tracey, this is such a cute site, you can choose all sort of themes from halloween to christmas, and a whole lot more, I think these would be perfect to teach young kids,( eye and hand co-ordination,) if you want to have a look at that site just let me know and I will sent it to you,
                martha
                Martha

Comment

For my cards, etc I just use Word. I don't have any software such as Print Shop (I'd love to know which one is worth buying, and I can tell Santa!) Basically I add my clip art to a Word document and adjust the size and color contrast. Then I print the picture on some nice card stock. I also have been using 2 clips at a time: for example, I print a b&w clip of an old car or an old train on some lightly colored card stock. Then I print a clip I have of a "flapper" (roaring 20s woman) on vellum and cut her out. Next, I use spray adhesive to place the flapper on the card next to the car or train. I've also printed clips on vellum and used eyelets to attach them onto colored paper stock. I'm still trying to find a way to invisibly attach vellum to paper - some clips, like the flapper, aren't a problem, since the colors are so intense the adhesive doesn't show through. However, other clips have clear spots, so the adhesive is easy to see. I'm still working on this.

I also make envelopes for the cards using white card stock. I didn't know what to do about an envelope closure until I found 2-sided scotch tape that has a removable strip on one side. That way, the user can take off the strip and seal the envelope.

My job has a great deal of down time, so I use that time to brainstorm. I haven't been doing this for very long, but I've made a lot of progress.

One advantage I have with using the computer is that my older brother is the original computer nerd. He started college at 16 and spent half of his time in the computer department - this was in the early 60's, when computers were still very rare and exotic. (The rest of the time he spent at the campus radio station, so he's great help with AV equipment!) He gave me one of his "old" computers, which is way better than the one I had before. When he was helping me install it, I said, "Great! Now I'm finally in the 21st century!" He replied, "Well, not really...." I guess I have a long way to go!

Comment

this is so funny, because I am looking for programs such as printshop at the moment, I just spotted your post, and I had to reply, how about using double sided tape, that may not show through, also I make my own envelopes ( Rosalie gave me the idea on how to do that) and I found a recipe on the net for glue, it's cheap and easy to make, all you need is 6 tablespoons of white vinegar, (4) 0.1 oz packets unflavoured gelatin, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract ( or any flavor you like)
                    directions;
                    Bring vinegar to boil in a small pan.
                    Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
                    Add extract and stir until mixed.
                    Brush on thin layer onto back of envelope flap... let dry.
                    moisten to apply.
                    Store excess glue in a sealed container and melt again for future use by putting in a pan of warm water.
                    how easy is that?
                    I am on the lookout for a sierra print artist program, Rosalie loves it, check it out on the net, just google the word, and you can read all about it,
                    martha
                    Martha

Comment

Hello my crafty friends, I went out today, and got myself a print master platinum version 16, it's got heaps of templates, fonts, 100's of greeting cards, I could make labels, banners and posters, 3d craft projects, certificates, graphics,calendars, party invitations,letterheads,envelopes, business cards and with the photo workshop I can crop the photo's, adjust photo's from colour to black and white, the list goes on and on, all I have to do now is learn how to do it all, but I am ready to get started, I'm so exited, anyway I will let you all know how I went,
                      martha
                      Martha

Comment

Rosalie I tried to get the sierra print artist software, but no one has it, so I decided to get this in Harvey Norman.
                        martha
                        Martha

Comment

:woohoo:
                          Martha you won't know what you ever did before you got your print program (or should it be programme- I never know).

It is such great fun and you'll spend hours playing around with it.
                          At the moment, I'm making cards for my five year old twin nephews.
                          One has a water scene with cut out fish saying "Best Fishes Redmond" and the other a grass background with a frog holding balloons that say "Hoppy Birthday David". They both have popups inside. All done with the clipart program. I like to use the thick double-sided tape so some of the pictures stand out.
                          With thsese programs you can manipulate the images and wording with fantastic effects.
                          Can't wait to hear what you get up to with it.
                          Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

Oh yes, I agree with Rosalie, I am lost without my Print Shop....when we got the computer for here at home, I had to immediately buy it for myself, cause I know I need it! I use it as a "work up board" for my scrapbook pages -- I can lay it all out on the page in the program, rearrange as needed (no muss no fuss) then when I have it the way I would like it, I can begin the hard copy! Very cool!

I know you can buy adhesives that attach vellum without show through, I will see what I can dig up.....I just sent you a PM with a link to some double-sided vellum tape!

Hugs!
                            Hugs,
                            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                            IC dx'd Nov 2004
                            Possible IBS
                            Current IC Meds
                            Previous IC Meds taken: