Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made an Album too!! LOL (Didn't want to step on Sandy's Beautiful collection!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made an Album too!! LOL (Didn't want to step on Sandy's Beautiful collection!)

Ok, Sandy was my "inspiration" to get my butt in gear and get some on there! As I get my "furry" children's pics sorted out I will get them up!!
    Here goes nothing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/1226756/
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Nice! (And hubby is a looker for sure. )
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Once again , another face to a name, Thanks so much for sharing your family. I don't have an album but a link to our family website below.

Comment

Why thank you I decided to keep him, besides the trial period is over anyway, lmao!

Oh great site Leslie! Yep, another face for the photo board!!

Hugs!
        Hugs,
        Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Others:

Comment

You lucky lucky girl. No wonder you are smiling!

I think I'll work on my album pages in photoshop and transpose Mel Gibson onto hubbys pics.
          Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

Ohhhhh Mel Gibson....drool........
            Hugs,
            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
            IC dx'd Nov 2004
            Possible IBS
            Current IC Meds
            Previous IC Meds taken:
            Others:

Comment

great album.. I need to do that too... lol.. I know I'm a copy cat...... Hey did you marry that guy that played in The Wedding Planner?..if not they could be brothers...
              'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I love seeing other people's photos. It brings a real face to the words on this board. If I could figure out how to do it (I tried...believe me!) I would make one too...
                30 year old Mother, Midwife, Birth Doula, Herbalist, and Massage Therapist with sudden onset of IC approx. 2/16/05 (after a PAP smear and routine gynecological exam). I tried a HUGE list of natural and alternative treatments (including Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe, Aloe gel, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, L-Argenine, Quercitin/Bromelain, Marshmallow Root...etc) for the first 9 months of having IC, without much relief, until I finally researched and started Elmiron.

My experience:
                ~Previously took Elmiron 100mg three times a day
                (9/29/05-7/06)
                ~Experimented with dosage (1-2 Elmiron a day recapped into a plain gelcap) and did well with occasional mild flares. (7/06-9/09)
                ~Stopped all together at the 1 year mark (9/29/06) for 10 days. Still felt good, with low-level symptoms.
                ~Decided to go back on it (10/16/06) to see if another year on it will bring me into full (zero symptoms) remission. Currently taking 1-2 pills a day, recapped into a plain gelcap.
                ~ 6/08...Tried to go off Elmiron again, had huge flare at the 3 week mark, went back on 100mg once a day for maintenance.
                -I went off Elmiron for 2 months due to pregnancy and had a complete relapse of IC symptoms to pre-diagnosis levels of pain/frequency. I then went back on Elmiron at 10-12 weeks, but was unable to take it further due to severe morning sickness. The 2nd/3rd trimesters were MUCH better IC-wise, and postpartum is the best I have felt in years. I am no longer on Elmiron for now.
                -20 month postpartum remission from 4/17/09 to 12/10/10.
                -Out of remission after a pap smear on 12/10/10. Pap smears are obviously the main IC trigger for me. Currently trying to cope with loss of the remission.

Also doing:
                ~Sugar-free/gluten free and strict IC diet (With an emphasis on organic, alkaline and whole foods)
                ~Prenatal DHA/Fish oil supplement
                ~Vitamin D supplement
                ~Culturelle probiotic

Comment

Why thank you Tig!!! LOL, I have always said he has "Matthew Mcconaughey" hair (when it's long and the curls come out! ), and when we were getting our hair done for the reception (he was getting a cut, lol, that sounded funny without that little explanation!) as I was being taken to the shampoo station, the girl that does our hair was talking about his "Matthew Mcconaughey" hair!! I thought I was the only one who called it that, lmao!!!

Hmmmm, massagedoula, it's really easy when you use a hosting site. I have that album at Webshots. I went there, created a free account, and then uploaded my pics, then you just paste in the pages URL into your message here on the boards! (You go "advanced" in your board post, and click on the icon at the top of the form that looks like a mountain, it's beside the buttons for the italics, making it bold etc. Then you paste in your URL in the box that pops up for you, and wham! Your done!) No excuses, lol. (Just teasing!! LOL) It really is easy though, if I can manage it, I think any one can, and believe me -- that's saying something, lmao!!!

Hugs!!!
                  Hugs,
                  Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                  IC dx'd Nov 2004
                  Possible IBS
                  Current IC Meds
                  Previous IC Meds taken:
                  Others:

Comment

Oooops, forgot in the last post to tell ya Tig, I look forward to seeing your album, so hurry up!! LMAO!!!

Hugs!
                    Hugs,
                    Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                    IC dx'd Nov 2004
                    Possible IBS
                    Current IC Meds
                    Previous IC Meds taken:
                    Others:

Comment

"The trial period is over"! Yep, now we all know why Tracey is smiling!

I guess the fisherman is coming out in me but, wow, nice fish! Is that a coho?

Vicki
                      "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

LOL, Vicki, I couldn't tell you, I am fairly new to the fishing stuff... I had never been out on the big lake (Lake Huron) until we started dating, before that it was all inland lakes and Bass fishing way back when. He was very proud of that salmon, since it was so late in the year and the fishery has sucked all year long. Salmon few and far between this year. He and his brother own a Charter boat, and they told customers right up front, don't expect very many if any salmon... Lots of Lake Trout though, LOL!!! Ok, now I will have to find a picture of his boat to post in my album!! LOL

Thanks guys, he is a cutie unless he's being a jackass!!

Hugs!
                        Hugs,
                        Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                        IC dx'd Nov 2004
                        Possible IBS
                        Current IC Meds
                        Previous IC Meds taken: