Anybody else??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else??

I have noticed that I so look forward to this board every day, it's made a bit of a difference in my life, I don't know how to describe it. Maybe because we come here just as FRIENDS, vs friends with an icky illness. I have so much fun here, and it's amazing how it has perked me up, makes me forget about my "troubles". It's so much fun to share our passions, our hobbies, because if nothing else we crafters etc, love to share what we are doing and see what others are creating! And I don't know, but where I live, I really don't have many opportunities to share stuff, etc. So this is fabulous!!! It's given me back my "creating mood", lol!!! :woohoo:

I guess I just wanted to say thank you to all you ladies for making my days brighter and much more fun!!
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

I have to agree... Its nice to know you are not alone, and you have a place to go and talk to people who understand..
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Me too! I look forward to this board. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help others. You guys have taught me more about IC than I ever knew with the Doc's. So, a big thanks from me too!! Jen
      Diagnosis: IC, IBS, GERD, Posturial orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, chronic folliculitis, right sided aortic arch, atrial septal anuerysm, ankylosing spondylitis, TMJ

Comment

yes I definately agree tracey, this is our special place where we can share our crafts etc, give each other ideas, share photo's, so yep I am very happy about this section. martha
        Martha

Comment

Me, too! I have really enjoyed this craft board! In particular - I have had fun getting to know YOU, Traceann. I'm so glad Jill approved the creation of this - it's been a blast.
          Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Well, thank you Kim!! It's definitely been fun getting to know you also!!! I must say too, haven't we all learned a bit more about one another, besides the fact that we all have IC?? Pretty neat huh?? We now have seen what we all like to do, how VERY talented we all are, how stunningly beautiful we all are and how much fun we all can be!!! LOL!!

Yep, I too thank Jill from the bottom of my crafty heart for this board!!!

hugs!
            Hugs,
            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
            IC dx'd Nov 2004
            Possible IBS
            Current IC Meds
            Previous IC Meds taken:
            Others:

Comment

Cool Beans.
              (\__/)
              (o.O )
              (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Yeehaaaaaaaa! Someone else who says Cool Beans besides me!!! Sweet!!!
                Hugs,
                Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                IC dx'd Nov 2004
                Possible IBS
                Current IC Meds
                Previous IC Meds taken:
                Others:

Comment

(\__/)
                  (o.O )
                  (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

A bit late, I know, but I want to add my twopennies worth.
                    I haven't had a lot of time to delve to closely into the boards lately but I have to at least have a little"fix" every day or so.

I feel that I have made so many friends here. Some overseas and some at home. Wouldn't we just have the best time if we were ever able to get together? I talk about "the girls" all the time at home and now I have the pictures to put faces to names.
                    Thank you everybody for being here. No matter whats happening at home, someone is always here to make me smile.
                    Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

You sound like me Rosalie!! I always say "the ladies" or "the girls", lol. I think my gang is getting a bit weary of it, lol. I hear you with the holidays, not much time these days, but soon enough unfortuately they will be over and it's back to business as usual!! LMAO!!!

Hugs!
                      Hugs,
                      Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                      IC dx'd Nov 2004
                      Possible IBS
                      Current IC Meds
                      Previous IC Meds taken: