dreamcatchers, i think, lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreamcatchers, i think, lol

ok, here i go, going to try to show everyone how to do a dream catcher. if you arent sure on it give me a buzz and i will try to set up a confrence on my web cam with yahoo messenger if anyone wants to see how they are done instead of just try to follow my directions, lol.

first you need to get these items, they can be found at walmart, hobby lobby, micheals, and probably any other crafts store.

a metal/wire ring (depending on what the store calls it) 6-8 inches wide (the easiest to start with are the round ones not the star, moon, or other shapes)
    a spool of leather suede(any color)
    some beads that will the leather suede will fit through
    a concho(usually come in 2 packs) optional
    a spool of wax thread or senew (lol, i cant spell but it sounds like sinue)
    any kind of glue and a few peices of clear tape
    a pair of scissors
    charms and feathers are optional

ok, here goes, sorry about the things you need if you need further explination message me and i will try to explain or i can give yall my cell number to call me, lol. im going to try to share pics but might need some help.

ok, starting off get all your stuff to gether and remember this is supposed to be fun not stressful so if you make a mistake stay calm dont get upset it took me a little while to learn to do them and i had my hubby to teach me in person.

using the ring and the suede start to wrap the ring with the suede, use a peice of tape to keep the suede in the same place that you started and keep it from unraveling as you wrap. as you work your way around the ring keep the suede tight, you can do this by going back and turning the suede as you push it together tight.

when you get all the way around the ring take the tape off the other end but keep your suede tight or it will all unravel completely and you will have to start over. use a little bit of glue and glue both sides to the ring, then replace the tape to hold it in place untill it dries. cut the suede so that the ring is not attached to the spool, not too close to the ring, give yourself some extra, so that it can stay tight under the tape.

while wait for it to dry you can start using the wax thread to make the webbing in the middle. start about an inch from where you glued the ends of suede to the ring and tie a not around the ring with the thread. then start in one direction by going about 1 or 1 1/2 inches and putting a loop around the ring with the thread and then sticking the thread through the space between the knot and where you looped the thread to make it stay in the right place and do so all the way around the ring.

when you get to where you started stick the thread through the loops of thread you already made and do so all the way around over and over again until you are in the middle. the holes will continually get smaller, so dont loop it to close to start with or you wont get too far before you have trouble and need to get a sewing needle to be able to continue. when you get to the end you can use a charm, bead or nothing and tie a knot with the tread (when using nothing tie a knot to one of the holes you made on the last circle) to keep the thread tight and in a web shape.

now you can take the tape off the ring and trim the suede if you need to. using some of the remaning suede cut 3 peices that go from one side of the ring to the other. tie one of the peices at the top (can use a concho here if you like) and tie a knot with the two ends, this is what it hangs from.

with the other 2 peices tie them to the bottom evenly spaced and put the beads on them and tie a knot at the end.

now you are done, if you are confused let me know and i will try again or we can do the confrence thing, it is really a lot more easier to learn by watching than by telling i now see, cause this was really hard to write down, lol.

kari

i do mean the stuff about the confrence, it would probably be easier if you cant understand this, let me know. i will try to get the pics too work but when i looked at them just now they were really fuzzy and hard to make out.
    Kari

"No man is an Island" not sure who said this but its my motto

mom of Jeff - 10 yrs and Jonathan - 6 yrs

tonsils removed June 1989 (poss. begining of symptoms: diagnosed with bladder infection but medication did not help and in hospital for a week)
    migraines diag. 1992-1993 4th grade school year...
    2 c section 99 and 03
    Spina Bifida diag. Sept. 03
    pain worsened Dec. 03
    IC diag Oct. 2004

right ovarian cyst removed, adhesions connecting bladder and uterus removed June 05
    first hydro/cysto/biopsy Aug 05, bladder held max of 750 ccs
    second hydro May 1, 2006, bladder holds 900 ccs didn't help with bladder pain
    bladder instills didn't help (April 15, 2006 -June 1, 2006) so on to the next thing

pain started again in Feb 2006
    Laporoscopy Aug. 31, 2006 (endometriosis found)
    Lupron Depot shot Sept. 2006...headaches and constant bleeding add to IC pain....
    interstim on hold due to less frequency :woohoo:

Hysterectomy and Appendectomy March 1, 2007
    endometriosis found covering appendix that was full of endometriosis and next to spine. bladder and uterus connected to several organs and muscles. all possible scar tissue removed
    Hormone pills started May 2007....changed to patch June 2007.... caused endometriosis to try to start growing, intense pain no more hormones, lots of hot flashes

March 2010 NO PAIN IN OVER 3 YEARS!!!!

2 regular medications: Elmiron, Lisinopril
    medications taken as needed: Prelief, Ketorolac, and herbal variety

starting to possibly fill scar tissue build up, no pain yet, planning to see doctor soon and find out what needs to be done to get rid of tissue before pain

Wow Kari! That was excellent! I don't know if I should thank you or not, lol , now I want to go out and buy the supplies to try one! You have me very intrigued!!!! Just what I need another project, lol!!

Serioulsy though, sounds very cool, and now I want to make them! Next week I get to go to a craft supply store (closest one for me is a 40 minute drive, ugh) since I will be shopping in that town anyway, and I am getting the stuff to try!! (and to me you did a great job explaining something that's intricate like that!!!)

Thanks again! I love that kind of stuff!!!!

Hugs!
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

my dad loves those things.. I have out one above my bed because of bad dreams.. they have been very few since.... weird huh?
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

i will go to the store here this weekend and give you a few brand names and the exact name of the things you need (it will make it easier if you need to ask someone if you know what it is called)

and as for the bad dreams, i have 2 children one 5 yrs, well 6 tomorrow lol, and a 2 yr old. my five year old had bad dreams for quite a while until i let him pick out a dream catcher, i think this is all in his head because we have to pick out a new one every six months or so but my 2 year old doesnt understand the whole "bad dream/dream catcher" thing but when he started having trouble sleeping i put one in his room and he has had peaceful nights ever since. now this could all be in my head or it ccould actually be working, who knows, anyhow i will post the saying about dream catchers as soon as i find my book that has them in it.

kari

gotta go, kids fighting
        Kari

tonsils removed June 1989 (poss. begining of symptoms: diagnosed with bladder infection but medication did not help and in hospital for a week)
        2 c section 99 and 03
        pain worsened Dec. 03
        IC diag Oct. 2004

right ovarian cyst removed, adhesions connecting bladder and uterus removed June 05
        bladder instills didn't help (April 15, 2006 -June 1, 2006) so on to the next thing

Lupron Depot shot Sept. 2006...headaches and constant bleeding add to IC pain....

endometriosis found covering appendix that was full of endometriosis and next to spine. bladder and uterus connected to several organs and muscles. all possible scar tissue removed
        Hormone pills started May 2007....changed to patch June 2007.... caused endometriosis to try to start growing, intense pain no more hormones, lots of hot flashes

starting to possibly fill scar tissue build up, no pain yet, planning to see doctor soon and find out what needs to be done to get rid of tissue before pain

Comment

Oh I love dreamcatchers! I see them in the stores up here but have never met anyone who made them.

I'm looking froward to some photos of your work when you get the chance!

Vicki
          "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

ok guys, sorry it took me so long to reply. i will go to the store this weekend to get some more supplys and take pics of what i find. im making on for all the kids on my husbands side of the family for christmas, (its cheap and there are 15 kids plus parents). i might need some help getting the pics on the sight, not sure how to do it. anyhow i have been having one flare after another and a migraine on the few days i wasnt flaring for the last 2 and 1/2 to three weeks, if im still hurting this weekend im sending hubby after everything anyway, need to get them made. im sorry again, talk to you all soon.

kari
            Kari

2 c section 99 and 03
            pain worsened Dec. 03
            IC diag Oct. 2004

Comment

Oh gosh, don't be sorry!! We all know how it feels to be not feeling well!!! You just get better and keep us posted on how you are feeling!!!

Hugs!!
              Hugs,
              Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
              IC dx'd Nov 2004
              Possible IBS
              Current IC Meds
              Previous IC Meds taken:
              Others:

Comment

hey guys, im doing better, well sorta. its the lovely time of the month when you want to go crawl in bed and not come out for a week. any how, i am still planning on going to a craft store or atleast walmart this weekend...permitting jt (the 2 yr old) is feeling better, since i replyed the last time i spent 3-4 hrs in the er finding out he had croup and then his dr the next day for 2 hrs to find out that the er doc missed the horrible ear infection (he looked in it and told me the tube had fallen out but said nothing of infections... ) dr Z was furious, and since this is the first time i have been able to be on the net, he is in his room for the moment and im about to try to get some sleep. (he was so conjested we slept in the recliner with a humidifier and vaporizer for the last 48 hrs) but the cough is just about gone (only coughs every 4-5 hr for about 30 min) so maybe the croup is better, but allergies are supposed to kick into high gear again tomorrow so i am only praying... that they dont hit him to hard tomorrow....

anyhow, now that i have whined and he needs his meds again, lol i am going to let you all go and try to get some sleep so i can be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning so i can take the 2 new pups to show and tale tomorrow, well today, for my 6 yr old, lol....

hugs and thanks for the patients,

kari ZZZzzzzz
                Kari

2 c section 99 and 03
                pain worsened Dec. 03
                IC diag Oct. 2004

Comment

Oh gosh!! I hope everyone is feeling much better now!

Hugs!
                  Hugs,
                  Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                  IC dx'd Nov 2004
                  Possible IBS
                  Current IC Meds
                  Previous IC Meds taken:
                  Others:

Comment

Sorry I missed the thread? Must have had cotton in there for a while now. Thanks for the instructions on the dreamcather. I'm going to print it out and keep in my "to do" folder.
                    Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

Working...
                    X