Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patricia1
    replied
    Thanks for the compliment. Our anniversay is Friday - 5 wonderful years. He is the best, but then again I am partial.

Leave a comment:

• Rosalie
    replied
    Thanks Patricia, your beautiful wedding photo is now on my photoboard.

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    Thanks so much....

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    BEAUTIFUL pic!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    I dont think I was in any of those was I. I feel as though I dont take good pictures. Although on my patient story I think there is a wedding picture of hubby and I.

Leave a comment:

• Rosalie
    replied
    Late again, but I just wanted to ask Patricia "where's the picture of you?"
    I'd like one to add to my IC photoboard?

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    Vicki I would have to agree about the meat. Funny since I dont eat it huh. My hubby, dad and brothers also say the large the buck or rack the worst it does taste. Seems alot of people like the younger ones better.....

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    I remember when I was in highschool, I was out at my boyfriend's family hunting camp, celebrating his dad's birthday with a cookout. They had stuff to make our own kabobs on the grill...shrimp, veggies, "beef"....lol. I ate the "beef" and thought something tasted different, but didn't want to be rude or anything, so I didn't say a word. After dinner, they all started to chuckle....and announced "do you realize you just at vension tenderloin?" Was I relieved! I told them I knew something was off, but didn't want to be rude! They apparently planned it to trick me, since I stated numerous times I was not interested in venison! LMAO! Ok, I admit, it was good. But still my favorite way to eat it is either jerky or salami/sausage......

Hugs!

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    Boy, I love my venison sausage! I do mix it half & half with a fatty pork shoulder though, as the venison alone is a bit dry to my liking.

I tend to shoot any male deer that presents himself with the possibility of a sure, clean kill. For some reason though, it's usually a big buck with an impressive rack. Seems I've gained a reputation for taking monsters, when it's nothing more than dumb luck. Actually, I'd prefer a nice spike or forkhorn!

Many will disagree and say there's no difference, but I've found the larger the rack, the worst the meat tastes (Gamey). There's a reason they use young steers in the grocery's meat department and not old bulls!

Vicki
    Last edited by VickiB; 11-09-2005, 11:35 AM. Reason: addition

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    Vicki it is still unseasonable warm here. Yesterday it was 85. The meat has to be taken care of right away. I grew up with deer hunting. I have always live in the city, except when I got married in 2000, but my dad and brothers always deer hunted and my grandma's. Personnally I do not like deer meat. People say you cant taste the difference, but if you dont like it you can. I can remember being preg with my young one, the blonde boy in the pictures, my dad has some deer sausage made. Every time I opened the freezer it made me sick. So because neither me or my two kids eat deer and only hubby and his son do he usually gives the deer meat away. My dad gets alot and there is always someone who wants it. He tries not to shoot anything unless is has large horns. He killed this opening day for his friend otherwise he most likely would not have shot it. I have 2 large deer heads in my living room. He tries to leave the young bucks and does alone. His brother on the other hand shoots anything that moves and it makes my hubby mad.

This was the bassest hounds first experience with a deer. The weenie dog I have loves to look for wounded deer that run away. Last year she tracked 3 of them down. And loves to squrriel hunt anytime hubby shoots gun so goes berserk looking for the animal.

Thanks again for looking guys...

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    It must be pretty warm yet in Louisianna in October. I imagine you must deal with the meat quickly there.

Hunting is one of my favorite hobbies! (It often doesn't go over well so I tend to keep it to myself) I used to have a little gray arab who helped me pack out and hang my deer every year. Now that he's gone, I either get my husband or son to do the heavy stuff.

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    LOL, great pics, brings back memories of my first fiance, and me trying to help him hang his deer one season, lol!! Thanks for the chuckle!!

Hugs!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    great pictures thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    started a topic Family Pics

Family Pics

Everyone is posting family pictures so I thought I would give it a try. I tried the photobucket, but could never get it to work. Also my hubby deer hunts and there is a couple of pictures of his first deer this season and the basset hound having fun with it, so if you dont approve or thing hunting is wrong, best not to look.

Taylor, Cody and Nick are my kids. The other's are my nephews.

www.msnusers.com/patriciaspics
Working...
X