fonts and clipart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fonts and clipart

Hi I love fonts and clipart, but I'm still not really sure how to use it, I usually safe it in my ''pictures'' , is that right? or should I store it in another folder?
    What paper do I use to print the fonts and clipart ? obviously for scrapping it has to be acid free, but I mean the thickness of the paper etc,. hope some one can help me out, Tracey I know you love fonts as well, what do you do??
    thanks martha
    Martha

Hey Martha! I have a folder for fonts I gather on the web where I save them to, so I can find them easily, lol. Then when I install them they automatically go into the computers default "Fonts" folder. Most of my clip art comes from clip art disks, so I think if I was gathering I would do the same as I do for my fonts, have one specific folder to save them to, that way easy to find later,

Paper-wise, you can use just about any thickness as long as your printer is rated for it. It should be somewhere in your printer manual how thick you can go with it. Ooooh I love paper too...lol...

Hope this helps a little bit!! I have been working on printing out pictures lately, trying to get these damn frames filled, lol!! I finally have 2 filled...out of 6 on my desk shelf... Oh my and there are many more to go. I found that I love Kodak Ultima Picture paper, it's so heavy and just like regular photo paper. Oh great, it's bed time and now I want to work on pics!!

If there are any typos, sorry, I got a sick kitty and she's on my lap, with her head on my forearm, kinda tough to type!! Poor baby has a UTI -- like mommy like kitty...ugh. (Only I am fortunate enough to be --knock on wood-- UTI-free)

Love,
    T.
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

thanks Tracey, sorry to hear your kitty is sick, I have heard that cats are susceptible to uti's is that true?? is she on antibiotics??
      I love paper too, my hubbie bought me a big pack of 100 scrapping pages, all different colours, and he got me a box with 10 border punches, he does things like that quite often, and I get flowers too on a regular basis, not bad hey after 25 years.
      anyway thanks very much for the info tracey.
      Martha
      Martha

Comment

Ok, can your man write a how-to book please?? Maybe if it was written by another guy, mine might read it and pay attention!! LMAO!! You know lots of pictures etc....or have the important stuff written across some cleavage so he's sure to look there, lol!!!

Yep, kitty is on anti's, poor thing. She's really not liking mommy and daddy these days -- thank goodness it's a liquid, daddy still ends up with quite a bit on him!! At least though she hasn't peed on him lately, when she gets scared and picked up and restrained, she's pees. Poor baby girl! But funny for Jeremy,LOL You know I know cats can get IC, and mine has had a history of UTI's, so not sure on the stats with that one. I am so happy cause I just got off the phone with the vet and her blood work came back great, (thought it was the beginnings of kidney failure) and he was very surprised as she's 18 yrs old. lol. But he did say that doesn't mean her kidneys are perfect, just that she's compensating well by drinking more water etc. So, it's special diet time for her. He said we might as well be proactive instead of waiting to see bad numbers. Whew!!

Hugs!
        Hugs,
        Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Others:

Comment

WOW, your cat is 18 years old?? she has done very well so far, even with the uti's she just keeps going, that's one tough kitty you got there Tracey,
          It's good her blood work came back good, she is not ready to go anywhere just yet.
          My gorgeous shi-tsu, died just over a year and a half ago, from kidney disease, she was only 4 years old, they couldn't do anything for her, we were devastated, the night she died, I just cried and cried, my eyes were that swollen, and it lasted a long time before the grief got easier, I swore I would never get a pet again, I did not want to go through that pain again, but then we got Lily, our maltese, and of course we fell in love with her, but even now writing this, I get all blubbery again.
          Wouldn't be a bad idea for hubbie to write a book, the problem is he doesn't like writing haha, I don't know what it is, he just does these things for me, always has.... that idea about writing it on some cleavage sounds great, has to be done with a permanent marker though, or maybe you could tattoo it on, so it will always be there for those men to see
          martha
          Martha

Comment

LOL, yeah, she's trooper and my little old lady, but you wouldn't know it. One of my kitties Bandit lived to about 23.

I had a little tortise shell kitty and she had kidney failure at 5 I think. The vet thought maybe it was that she'd ingested poison, so did a dialysis treatment, but didn't help so it was determined to be a kidney failure, some kind of genetic thing. I was miserable when we had to put her to sleep. Ugh. I can't tell you how that stuff breaks my heart. Seems for awhile I have lost one a year...ok, getting all sniffly myself here....

Oh yes, or I just had another idea...the pages in the book will be cleavage back ground, lol!!!! He could dictate it to you and you could type it for him!!

Hugs!
            Hugs,
            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
            IC dx'd Nov 2004
            Possible IBS
            Current IC Meds
            Previous IC Meds taken:
            Others:

Comment

yes that sounds good, do you think a nice set of buns in the background would go too? maybe alternate pages, cleavage, buns, cleavage, buns
              I can see it now, it has to be a best seller, might make us a fortune, haha
              Martha

Comment

I'm horrified at you girls! Tut tut tut..
                Rosalie

http://community.webshots.com/user/gypsyrose52

Comment

yes Rosalie, we have been pretty bad today, but being bad is good sometimes, and being too good is boring haha
                  Martha

Comment

And I know I don't ever want to be boring!! Are you with me ladies?!? I think it's perfect!! Buns, cleavage etc. My hubby is a self-proclaimed butt man, lol. (I cleaned it up a bit, lol). Good thing size is not a factor! WHEW!!!! We were watching Extreme Makeover and one woman was having the butt procedure where they made it "bigger", and he said, "you should have that done!" LMAO!! I had to make him repeat himself, I have never had a guy tell me to get a bigger butt!!!

I am telling you we are on to something here...that sort of page layout with those backgrounds would get guys to read the book!!!! It's perfect!!! :woohoo:
                    Hugs,
                    Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                    IC dx'd Nov 2004
                    Possible IBS
                    Current IC Meds
                    Previous IC Meds taken:
                    Others:

Comment

Why anybody would like a bigger butt is beyond me, I am one of the lucky ones that even though I may put on weight some where else, it never goes on my butt, my mum was the same, so it could be genetic.
                      I watched those extreme makeovers all the time when we used to get it on the tv here, some of the changes are amazing, some people suffer from real low self-esteem because of the way they look, and I found a lot of it has nothing to do with vanity, they are either born that way, or they has a hard life and it shows up on their face.
                      That dentist they usually have on, he is really good, probleby veryyy expensive, but he does a good job.
                      I wouldn't mind a bit of lipo on my thighs, this rotten cellulite won't shift, grrr.
                      martha
                      Martha

Comment

Oh yeah, I agree. I loved that show, the transformations are amazing...and you're right, it's never a vanity thing, that's why I like it.

My predominant weight gain areas are my butt and thighs. Never my stomach. That's what has me so freaked out about this stupid rapid weight gain thing going on, it's around the middle and my thighs seem to have been "inflated", lol - the butt feels the same way, . It's the weirdest feeling --they feel like they skin is stretched tight (I am sure it is,lol) but it's an odd feeling. I have heard prednisone can make you retain water and that's part of the weight gain thing going on, I am one big water balloon....ugh. Like my pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/56630952/ at Flickr, that one in particular... I have never seen my face so puffy!! LOL
                        Hugs,
                        Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                        IC dx'd Nov 2004
                        Possible IBS
                        Current IC Meds
                        Previous IC Meds taken:
                        Others:

Comment

Tracey , what are you hiding in those cheeks?? only kidding!!
                          Is this a common side effect from the meds you are taking?? what is it for??
                          I love those black and white photo's of you, there is just something about black and white, makes you look glamorous.
                          Here is a baby photo of me, have a look at the chin haha.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/73745584/
                          martha
                          Martha

Comment

Oh my goodness you are soooo beautiful!!! That's a stunning baby pic, and I mean it!!

Yeah the prednisone can cause weight gain, bloated abdomen, rounding of the face - all sorts of fun effects!! I should have posted this one pic of me eating a damn cookie at the party, it's really funny! Cause that's the first reaction I had -- what the hell is in my cheeks and eating the cookie just makes it funnier!! I'll have to dig it up...at least I can laugh (sometimes, lol) about it! It was for this colitis baloney I have had to deal with this past year. I just stopped it 2 days ago...it's one you have to be weaned off gradually, I swear with all the little set-backs it took forever!!!

Oh and thank you!! I love black and white my faves, I will put in a link from the other one, that has my cat pictures I doctored to get ready for framing...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ethereal_24

All my babies...everyone gone except for Missy (real name Michelle) my UTI girl...

Hugs!
                            Last edited by traceann; 12-15-2005, 05:22 AM.
                            Hugs,
                            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                            IC dx'd Nov 2004
                            Possible IBS
                            Current IC Meds
                            Previous IC Meds taken:
                            Others:

Comment

Thanks Tracey, I have another one of me and my daughter when we were both toddlers, we looks so much alike, its unreal, I will dig it up, and put on a link for that one.
                              I love those cat photo's, even the cats look glamorous in black and white, I think they will look nice in a big frame, all the black and white photo's together.
                              Did you see the dimple in my babyphoto? haha hard to miss, I can hide stuff in there.
                              martha
                              Martha

Comment

Working...
                              X