Fiesta Pottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiesta Pottery

I was just wondering if anyone collects Fiesta Pottery.
    TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
    My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
    Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
    I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
    Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
    Louann

what is firsta pottery? I have a good idea, but can you post a picture? I have all kinds of things around here
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

This is a web site that tells about Fiesta. I have a set that my mother used until 1985 when I found out how valuable the "dern" stuff is. I am thinking about selling some of it and I think I have a few pieces that may be particularly collectible.

http://www.happyheidi.com/antiques/h...of_fiesta.html
      My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
      Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
      Louann

Comment

We have an outlet mall about 45 minutes from me that has it. I have a friend who is big into it, I just hate to spend the money on it yet until the kids stop breaking the unbreakable Corelle

Comment

i do!

I collect Fiesta! I used to collect vintage Fiesta but now I buy mostly post-86 stuff. I have every color under the rainbow in my cabinets. I never set the same table twice. It's so much fun and I never get tired of it.

One of these days when I get my dream kitchen, I want it to have a retro feel so it will "go" with all my Fiesta. Did you know you can buy broken Fiesta dishes and use it in mosaics or in backsplashes? That's something I want to do.

What kind do you collect?
          Lee Ann
          Current Rx Meds:
          Atarax, Ditropan, Elmiron
          Prior to pregnancy: The above 3 meds PLUS Neurontin, Topamax, Loratadine, continuous OrthoCyclen, Lidocaine Patches PRN, Temazepam PRN, & Vicodin PRN
          Hooray for babies!
          Misc. lifesavers: Hot baths, ThermaCare Heat Wraps, Ice Packs. The IC Diet has changed my life.
          Didn't work for me:
          Detrol LA, Amitryptiline, Morphine, Percocet, TENS unit, Interferential Pain Stimulator Unit, Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block
          IC (Mod-Severe) since 1996

UPDATE: 5/21/08 Pregnancy and breastfeeding afterwards have alleviated my IC symptoms more than anything, EVER. Most days are 100% pain free & I now have normal frequency (as long as I take these 3 meds).

My little sweetie! Jack weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was born via c-section on Feb. 28, 2008...

Comment

leslie, I got that unbreakable correlle too, so far broke 2 sauserss and a bowl.
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

L. Thomas

Hey L,
              What pieces do you have? What colors? Ebay is a good place to sell Fiesta and get top dollar.
              Lee Ann
              Current Rx Meds:
              Prior to pregnancy: The above 3 meds PLUS Neurontin, Topamax, Loratadine, continuous OrthoCyclen, Lidocaine Patches PRN, Temazepam PRN, & Vicodin PRN
              Hooray for babies!
              Misc. lifesavers: Hot baths, ThermaCare Heat Wraps, Ice Packs. The IC Diet has changed my life.
              Didn't work for me:
              Detrol LA, Amitryptiline, Morphine, Percocet, TENS unit, Interferential Pain Stimulator Unit, Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block

UPDATE: 5/21/08 Pregnancy and breastfeeding afterwards have alleviated my IC symptoms more than anything, EVER. Most days are 100% pain free & I now have normal frequency (as long as I take these 3 meds).

My little sweetie! Jack weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was born via c-section on Feb. 28, 2008...

Comment

I have about 80-90 pieces. I know they are all older than 1970 because I got married that year and Mom had stopped buying it several years before. I am trying to find out about medium green. I have at least 3 colors of green and I know none are forest green or chartreuse There are some older pieces that were bought in the late 40’s that are turquoise, yellow, green, blue, red and ivory. I have some of the newer colors that are the stoneware bought in the late 60’s..they look like avocado green and harvest gold. I have few older serving pieces but I have no clue how many different colors of the regular place setting…a bunch. I have a cobalt water pitcher with a rounded closed spout. I know that is different from the one that has an open spout like a coffee pot. Ivory covered casserole, red sugar and creamer, green and yellow salt and pepper, yellow gravy boat with green saucer, green platter. It is the green platter I think may be very valuable. I think it is medium green. That seems to be the color that is really hard to find. I think I know why. It was the ugliest color. I never wanted to eat on it. I liked the blue and the turquoise the best.

Louann

Comment

fiesta

There are several shades of Fiesta green. Yes Medium Green is the most expensive b/c it is the rarest. I would describe it as christmas green or grass green, collectors say it's the same shade as a John Deer tractor. Forest Green is very dark--pretty ugly and kinda 70's looking. Light Green is a shade or two lighter than Medium Green and has slightly blue undertones when sitting next to MG. You're right, Chartreuse could never be confused as it's a yellowy-green.

Your ivory caserole dish with lid is probably valuable as well. All the "extra" pieces beyond regular place settings usually are more rare and valuable---like you mentioned you have serving pieces.

If you took a digital pic of all the greens together I could probably tell you what colors they are.

But if what you have is an ugly green, it is probably the dark green.

Here is a picture:

That's red, medium green, light green, and chartreuse from left to right.

Here's another:

here's a price chart:
                  http://www.mediumgreen.com/cgi-bin/fiesta.cgi but I have bought pieces on eBay for much less than these prices so I'm not sure how accurate they are.

Another thing is that medium green is quite similar to the Shamrock green that is currently being manufactured.
                  Last edited by LeeAnn; 05-14-2007, 06:14 AM. Reason: messed up
                  Lee Ann
                  Current Rx Meds:
                  Hooray for babies!
                  Didn't work for me:

Comment

how weird

It's so funny, all the talk about this green fiestaware today! I just got an email with a picture of the newest color release! (They try to come out with a new color just about every year lately). The new color is called EVERGREEN, lol, and it looks so pretty (or at least to me). I love fiesta b/c having all the colors, instead of just one, is so much fun.

Lee Ann
                    Current Rx Meds:
                    Hooray for babies!
                    Didn't work for me:

Comment

My platter is the medium green. My dad was a John Deere dealer at one time. That is the color of the pieces I was wondering about. Thanks for the picture . It helped me. I thought maybe there were more greens. I have pieces of all the colors in both pictures except for forest green and chartruse. I thought that I had some of the medium green, but I wasn't sure.

I have some I call avacodo green and harvest gold. I think they are Fiesta stoneware not Fiesta pottery, they have different cups too. They look like the plates on the end of both rows. They are really dated. Who knows? They are so ugly they might be valuable some day.

Medium green is the one that I didn't like to eat on. I have a place setting that looks just about new. Another reason I thought my greens might not be medium green is because I have a green deep plate. I always called it a soup bowl . I didn't think that the deep plates would have been made in medium green.

:woohoo: Boy do I feel rich today.:woohoo:
                      When we went to Dallas we would always go to a hardware store to get a place setting or 2 to bring home. They didn't sell Fiesta in the hardware stores in TN. Mom had bought the Fiesta when she got married and just kept replacing the peices as they broke. We never had enough teacups (coffee cups). I bet I have at least 20 saucers but only 6 cups. She always said the red was more expensive because it had gold in it. It doesn't but it does have something radioactive in it. I really never understood why the red was called red because it sure does look orange.

I have a friend who had a daughter that collects Fiesta. I gave her all my cracked pieces last year. I wish I had them to do mosiac with. I never thought about doing that.

Maybe I should start collecting the new Fiesta since it is making a come back. I could be my kid "ship coming in" one day.
                      Last edited by L. Thomas; 05-14-2007, 11:56 AM.

Louann

Comment

woohoo

Yeah I used to have a bunch of medium green dishes but I decided to only collect the stuff made after 1986 b/c vintage plates don't stack correctly with it---some would call me anal though! Plus all of the vintage pieces contain lead. So I sold all of my vintage pieces.

There are about 25 colors made after 1986, about half of those colors are "retired" and hard to find (until eBay!).

You have some nice memories to go with your Fiesta. If I were you, I wouldn't part with them. I don't have kids but I hope to have a daughter or niece someday who will enjoy inventing new color schemes and setting the table as much as I do.

I'm easy to please when it comes to gifts---Fiesta, Fiesta, Fiesta. I will never have too much! (But don't ask my husband). ha ha ha
                        Lee Ann
                        Current Rx Meds:
                        Hooray for babies!
                        Didn't work for me:

Comment

Working...
                        X