No announcement yet.

I need a hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When ever I am stressed out I use to listen to music. It has the ability of soothing down my mind. Also I use to do cross stitching. It increases my concentrating aptitude.
    Courier l Delivery Services

Comment

Felting

I'm not a knitter either. Since I had to give up work I took up felting and I've made a few felted wall-hangings using a dry felting needle punch technique. Here are some photos:
      http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/x...ed%20pictures/
      It's not hard to do and you can just do a bit at a time.

I also took up Scrabble and play online (Facebook mainly) and with 2 local clubs. I only go on the days I am up to it, and when I'm having a bad day I can play at home against the computer.
      Diagnosed with severe IC Feb 2008. Symptoms since 2004
      C5/6 fusion 2004. Chronic pain in neck and arms
      C4/5/6/7 posterior neck decompression December 2012
      Treatments tried for IC

Hydrodistension - made me worse for 5 months
      DMSO installations (2) - second one caused so much pain that Dr decided not to do any more.
      Numerous oral medications for the bladder, none of which helped.
      4 treatments of Botox injections - minimal success.
      Permanent Interstim implanted August 2012 - nil benefit so removed May 2013
      Bladder nerve cauterization March 2014 and April 2014

Comment

I was just thinking this today too/... I do knit but its boring for me sometimes... my bf has his things like dirtbiking and snowmobiling... I want a "thing" lol can going to the gym be a thing? I find that activity makes me feel better... maby that can be my hobby... lol
        28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

I started candlemaking in '97 and myhobby quickly grew into a full-time business. We opened a factory with showroom and even made it onto fox news. I absolutely loved it but soon the business owned me. My true passion is being a nurse and I returned to it full time. I sometimes am tempted to make candles again just for fun but afraid it will turn into something bigger again! Any of you aspiring candlemakers, feel free to contact me for good suppliers, etc.
          I bought some things to learn to start knitting, and liked it, but my fingers kept going numb and my hands started cramping up, which happens worse now than ever. I have a blood-clotting disorder, reynauds, and inflammatory arthritis, etc so my hands don't do well anymore. When I get into remission I'm gonna craft like crazy!!! I do love digital scrapbooking and my Mom's a Creative Memories Consultant so I have access to the very best supplies and love doing that!
          (formerly DonnaRenee1)

Diagnoses: IC, fibromyalgia, inflammatory arthritis, connective tissue disease, reynaud's, APS, (the lupus anticoagulant, also known as "sticky blood syndrome")
          Meds: low molecular weight heparins, synthroid, methadone for pain, tizanidine, cymbalta, pyridium plus, urelle, phenergan for nausea, ambien, lisinopril, norvasc, plaqenuil for arthritis, and over the counter Prelief
          Treatments: DMSO, occasional hydrodistentions, hot baths, strategically placed heating pads and ice packs, TENS unit, and everything from pity parties to prayer.
          I have lots of support from my family. My husband and my parents are amazing! I have a wonderful daughter who also has IC, and she has given me 2 precious granddaughters. They are my heart and soul! Thank you God for my family!

Comment

Working...
          X