Who's in the Driver's seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's in the Driver's seat?

Billy Graham was returning to Charlotte after a speaking engagement and when
    his plane arrived there was a limousine there to transport him to his home..
    As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and spoke to the driver.

"You know" he said, "I am 87 years old and I have never driven a limousine.
    Would you mind if I drove it for a while?"

The driver said, "No problem. Have at it." Billy gets into the driver's seat
    and they head off down the highway. A short distance away sat a rookie State
    Trooper operating his first speed trap.
    The long black limo went by him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone. The trooper
    pulled out and easily caught the limo and he got out of his patrol car to
    begin the procedure.
    The young trooper walked up to the driver's door and when the glass was
    rolled down, he was surprised to see who was driving.
    He immediately excused himself and went back to his car and called his
    supervisor. He told the supervisor, "I know we are supposed to enforce the
    law... But I also know that important people are given certain courtesies. I
    need to know what I should do because I have stopped a very important
    person."

The supervisor asked, "Is it the governor?" The young trooper said, "No,
    he's more important than that." The supervisor said, "Oh, so it's the
    president." The young trooper said, "No, he's even more important than
    that."
    The supervisor finally asked, "Well then, who is it?"
    The young trooper said, "I think it's Jesus, because he's got Billy Graham
    for a chauffeur!"
    TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
    My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
    Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
    I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
    Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
    Louann

Very cute!

Comment

Funny!
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

That made me laugh out loud and, boy, I needed that today.

Thanks!
        ~ Stacey

Comment

I laughed out loud too!!!!! And along with Stacey, I needed it!!!
          Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
          *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
          *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
          *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
          X