Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• earthlady
    replied
    What a grand idea! I can see it would be really helpful and encouraging. I have all the bladder books except Isa's so I should probably get hers too. Right now I am doing really well and have been for a good while but this condition is so unpredictable you never know when things can flare up again. It's gotten me paranoid about returning pain so I guess I want to be prepared in case.

Leave a comment:

• vivsmom
    replied
    Sponsor

Hi,
    I think I made it up. On the boards I was getting more bummed out than encouraged a few months ago, so I found someone who seemed pretty recovered and very optimistic.
    I email her more one-on-one.

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    Where do you get an IC sponsor and what exactly do they do? I've haven't heard of these anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• vivsmom
    replied
    Figuring it out

Yes! Castor oil packs (once I started doing it the right way). Ina Herrara and Wendy (the better bladder book lady) bother recommend them.

I started to feel some actual movement or turning in my bladder. I can only compare it to my 2nd trimester when Vivian was moving around (weird, I know). I pee alot afterward, but it seems to be soothing. I do it for about 20 minutes and wash the area well with baking soda. This isn't recommended while you are having a period tho.
    There are some other great things in Ina Herra's book-ending pelvic pain. I like to do a vaginal steam- you gotta read it. Basically you sit over steaming water with some herbs in it (place the pan in the toliet). Strange but strangely comforting. An IC Spa if you will.

I had 6 instills a cysto and now I'm mostly pain free with the diet and PT. I'm going to see a naturpath next week and do some more work to fight inflamation with her.
    Meditation x2 a day has been a gift! I also have and IC sponsor that email almost everyday. She is amazing.
    Last edited by vivsmom; 07-26-2011, 02:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    I was curious if the castor oil packs helped (when you applied them the right way that is!). I've seen them mentioned but haven't read any feedback from anyone here on whether they are helpful. Sounds like they may be helpful for abdominal cramps as well.

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    replied
    castor oil pack

That's funny!

Leave a comment:

• vivsmom
    started a topic Castor Oil Packs- Silly girl!

Castor Oil Packs- Silly girl!

So my OB recommended Castor oil packs to use with heating pads. I was doing them faithfully every night for a while. When I had a follow up I told her they were not doing much for me. We talked about how I was applying it. Turns out, you should take the pack out of the plastic bag before you put it on your skin. I was putting it in a ziplock and then under the heating pad.
    I have to laugh at myself!!!!

Working...
X