Any vibrator users out there? If so see this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any vibrator users out there? If so see this

thread about same and ic related type problems that can result. (From a Chinese medicine site so sometimes the translation is a little "off." Very interesting.)

Case Title: Chronic Over-Masturbating with a powerful vibrator resulted in urinary urgency/incontinence, urethral blooding and swelling and Urinary Tract Infection for no more sexual orgasm

Reader: 4/06/2005>
    DI think I have a UTI. It is probably from overstimulation of the clitoris by masturbation. Two nights ago, I used a powerful vibrator for over an hour. The next afternoon, after work, I started to feel "urgency". When I urinated there was blood at the end of the stream. Today during the day I did not feel the urgency to urinate. When I came home, as I walked toward the bathroom, the sudden urge to urinate was overwhelming - like I was about to lose control! Again there was blood at the end of the stream. Now I am still feeling like I am "swollen" down in my clitoral area, burning and slightly hot. I feel like I have to urinate again. I did not always have a vibrator, but for many years since I was about 16 I have chronically masturbated. I masturbate for 30 minutes to over an hour usually. It seems like an addiction. I come until I am exhausted. I never thought it would cause a problem. I thought I was lucky. I did not have urinary tract infections until about 3 years ago. I started to date and became sexually active with my now husband. I try to urinate immediately after sex to avoid bacterial infections, but inevitably every 4-6 months I get another UTI. Can you please tell me what prescription would be the best to order and how much and how often I would need it? I am going to my doctor for antibiotics tomorrow. It is most likely going to be CIPpRO. What is the advantage of taking your medications over antibiotics? Thank you so much for responding to my letter!!!

Sincerely, Dr. Lin: 4/06/2005>chronic use of vibrators has destroyed your clitoral and urethral nerves/tissues and blood vessels, abraded/induced a collagen scar/fibrosis spreading over your clitoris, urethra and G-spot, and triggered prostaglandin E-2 over-production to suppress the immune of the urethra/bladder/vagina. Generally, a lack of prostaglandin E-1/E-3 and NO with a high level of prostaglandin E-2 and epinephrine/prolactin will make the blood vessels, tissues and nerves become too frigile to withstand the vibrator's vibrating energy.
    The root of your problem is non-organic. Thus, antibiotics won't solve your problem or even never mask the symptoms at all.
    If it don't work or mask your symptoms, you will need ViaPal-hGH-M(3-014) , plus L-Arginine 500 mg 3 times a day, Fish and Borage Oil(1000 mg each meal) to help you boost your prostaglandin E-1/E-3 and NO synthesis for restoration of the integrity of the damaged tissues, nerves and blood vessels.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 11-01-2006, 07:24 AM. Reason: Link to sales site deleted.

I think you forgot to post the link
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Thanks - I added it.

THe site is a little "busy" but I think it has some good information for us.

Comment

I dont know what to say, and thats rare for me. Seems a little bit out of the ordinary and extreme and would definately fall into the sexual dysfunction category. I didnt go to the webpage yet, but read the article you posted. Thanks for the link.

Sandy
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I went to the web page, and I see what you mean about translations being a bit messed up....lol...but, there is some good information there for enhancing one's sex life.

Comment

I'm very skeptical.
            Vibrator use does not cause glomerulations in the bladder, nor produce scar tissue that shrinks the bladder.

If this were a valid theory, doctors would already be using this to advise their patients.

I smell a quack, frankly. Just MHO.

Comment

I find Chinese Dr's ordinarily to be much more reliable than

Western medicine ones, but that's just me and while this man is a PhD - I'm not sure he is a certified Traditional Chinese Medicine dr. Still his advice rings true to me. That tissue is very super delicate and I can just imagine that all manner of problems could result using a mechanical device "down there."
              Of course he is referring to over use of vibrators but I just thought that since we are delicate and super sensitive in that area to begin with -it would just be a word to the wise.
              I've noticed that when I use one it feels good for a few hours after but then I have the devil to pay with spasms, vaginismus, et al.

The website is way "out there" but I'm used to ferreting around in weird places to uncover a kernel of truth - if I can get one.

As I noticed the unhappy results that I experienced the other day from my little vibrator it made me wonder if there was a larger problem out there that we could benefit from.
              I've gotten lots of bad information from western medicine dr.'s so I have no great faith in them.
              A few years ago a prominent gastronenterologist wanted to remove my colon on an emergency basis to "save my life" but my Chinese medicine dr (whom I called for a quick consult) said "get the hell out of there" so I transferred to a big teaching hospital a
              cross town and in one week I was back home -colon intact!

Also, some have the following warning on them.
              WARNING
              This device should not be used
              over swollen or inflamed areas or skin
              eruptions. Do not use on unexplained calf
              pain, consult physician.
              Made in China.
              As I read it, a sense of dread
              Last edited by izazen; 11-01-2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Well, I don't see any harm that could befall you by stopping use of a vibrator, certainly. Please let us know how the experiment goes - if your IC goes away, gets better, gets worse, etc. I haven't personally experienced any ill effects from a vibrator, but if you've experienced spasms and vaginismus with one, it really makes sense why you would want to stop.

As far as vibrators causing UTI's...I don't know if there is a connection or not, perhaps bacteria gets into the urethra from vibrator use....but I think I would want to go to a doctor to get antibiotics for a UTI instead of just refraining from masturbation. I have confidence in Western medicine because I feel I've received the best treatment possible from doctors. Each person has their own experience with traditional, or non-traditional, medicine.

Blessings,
                Lori
                P.S. I'll give up my vibrator when someone pries it out of my cold, dead hands, LOL!
                P.P.S. In previous times, masturbation in general was believed to be extremely deleterious to health. It was called "self-abuse" for that reason. Women routinely had their clitorises removed when they were found to have masturbated, so they could not achieve orgasm anymore. This was thought to greatly improve their health. Who knows?
                Last edited by ICLori; 11-01-2006, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICLori
                  P.S. I'll give up my vibrator when someone pries it out of my cold, dead hands, LOL!
                  P.P.S. In previous times, masturbation in general was believed to be extremely deleterious to health. It was called "self-abuse" for that reason. Women routinely had their clitorises removed when they were found to have masturbated, so they could not achieve orgasm anymore. This was thought to greatly improve their health. Who knows?

First of all ...I smiled sooooooooo big and even laughed out loud...thats pretty much how I feel lori!!

I took care of some women when I was working the postpartum unit who had had clitorectomies done...it's a horrible site to see, and can only be described as torture! I sure didn't see anyone's health restored...some of them had their vagina's sewed closed, so they had to be reopened to actually give birth! Talk about crazy!

Comment

Oh, Sandy, that must have been so heartbreaking to see. I have read about genital mutilation and I am truly horrified. For some reason, there have always been men (it's always men) who will do almost anything to curtail women's sexual pleasure. If it's not forcing clitordectomy, it's posting information over the internet (not backed up by research published in any peer-reviewed journal) that tells us it's bad for women to masturbate with vibrators (since that is the most common form of masturbation for women, trying to scare women effectively limits their sexual gratification.)

I just don't understand that psychology - is it about control? I think it must be. Or a feeling that sexual pleasure should only be a privilege of males....

Let's hope that things are changing, that there will be a better world. I think things are slowly changing for the better. I hope someday there will not be any more genital mutilation of women, anywhere.

Blessings,
                    Lori

Comment

Most of these women were from small villages in Africa where they were dragged off at puberty, or as soon as they started their periods, had their clitorises removed, and their vaginas sewed closed so their future husbands could be assured to marry a true virgin. Women in these villages were considered evil to experience any sexual pleasure and if they did (which I can't see HOW they would) they were beaten and other mutilations done. At that time I wanted to go over there, make a difference and educate these women. It was heartbreaking, and to see these women give birth to little girls, knowing their fathers thought this was the ULTIMATE disappointment not to have a son, and wondering what their sexual futures were going to be like. It makes me tear up all over again....and I do wish that I could have gone over there and done something!!

Comment

ps..I DID however, more than once, educate these ladies without their husbands present on how things are done in America, and most of the world for that matter...that women had rights, and one of those rights was to have as much sexual satisfaction as a man did....I couldn't imagine those babies growing up ashamed of their bodies, or just ashamed of being a female.....it makes me so mad all over again...my bf just asked me why I was typing so hard. If I never made a difference to anyone but those ladies as a RN, then I did my job!

Comment

Sandy, what a wonderful thing you did for those women! You planted the seeds of hope, of change.

Blessings,
                          Lori
                          P.S. I hope I don't offend by my view of the vibrator thing. I do remember coming across that site (I think it was Dr. Love or something like that?) and reading all the stuff. Although he was particularly against vibrators, he was also very much against masturbation in general, claiming it caused nearly every health ailment known to mankind. It's not very clear in the post above, but he goes on in some detail about how orgasm in women causes secretions from the Skene's glands, and that it affects the prostaglandin balance in these glands. So he attributes IC and all UTI's to women having an orgasm. If you follow that line of thought to its obvious conclusion, we women are not ever supposed to have orgasms - it's bad for our health.

I just can't help but have a knee-jerk reaction to that chain of thought, especially from some guy who claims to have a PhD (maybe he does maybe he doesn't) and is not an MD or DO.

We already have so much taken from us because of this disease. I resent this guy for 1) trying to scare us out of having orgasms and 2) trying to tell us our diseases are our own fault, because we had orgasms.

I would hope that everyone reading this article, or going to his site, would consult with a doctor about this if any concerns arise.

P.P.S. One of the things you will notice, if you look at his site, is that orgasms cause all manner of illnesses, including "the brain to die" and that the cure for all of this (besides refraining forever from sex) is a whole bunch of potions that oh-so-conveniently are being sold on his site.
                          Last edited by ICLori; 11-01-2006, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I have to write this warning. If you go googling for the site the original poster is talking about, please be very careful, particularly if you are offended by sexual images and graphic descriptions of sexual practices that are illegal in most of the U.S. And I'm not talking about intercourse in some other position than missionary type illegal, I'm talking illegal in a way that I'm pretty sure would horrify and disgust most of us here.

Comment

I just read an article on CNN.COM about man who was given 10 years in prison for circumcising his daughter. He is an Ethopian immagrant where it is more prevalant.

Gross!
                              Meds I take:
                              Elmiron, Elavil, Vagifem- for IC
                              Albuterol, Flovent, Atrovent- for Asthma and lung problems
                              Paxil, Clonazepam- for depression and Anxiety
                              Atenolol- for rapid heart rate
                              Nexium- for Gerd
                              Levothyroxin- for Hypothyroidism
                              Lasix, Pottasium- for edema
                              Lipitor- for High Cholesterol
                              I coated aspirin
                              02 at bedtime

Comment

Working...
                              X