Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterflow
    replied
    The only horror movie channel show was where a guy was in the coffin but you only saw his hand with the big ring on it. think his name was Mr. liddy or Giddy or something liek that. He has an assistant I think named Egore. Watched it every saturday and you would tink I could remember it.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Isn't it funny the movies we remember as a kid? There was one that was gosh-knows-how-long-ago, that had a little "voodoo doll" kind of thing (it was remade later on into a short story thing I believe in one of those "Creepshow" type movies) that if you took somehing off of it, it came to life etc etc etc Never looked at dolls the same way, ha ha ha!

Oh I used to love the Saturday afternoon scary movies that used to be on this one channel all the time - oh yeah! It was called the "Creature Feature", and hosted by a guy in vampire makeup I do believe, hee hee. Usually it was Godzilla movies or Vincent Price movies...ah the good old days... ha ha ha!!!

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    How can you guys watch those movies and still sleep at night? I like normal scary movies but not the kind that scare your pants off. I remember one when I was a kid which still haunts me but would be nothing for you scary movie pros. It was about these hands that walked around sticking people in their necks with needles that came out their fingers. I have a big fear of needles so this could be why it still haunts me today. It was on saturday Chiller movie channel. I see they just started a chiller movie channel on the dish tv. SOme of them are scary and they had the shilling on last week.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh yeah, The Shining was really good!! I love "It" and "The Stand" oh yeah, and "The Dead Zone" too, oh heck love them all, but those are my #1 faves!

Leave a comment:

• July
    replied
    I am not very familiar with Stephen King's recent works, but I know some of the oldies are sure spooky, like The Shining.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    LOL, Hey Tig! The Exorcist was one movie that managed to scare the crap out of me, I forgot all about that one! That one went beyond nightmares with me, lol, didn't even like it in the daylight - but yet I loved it, ugh - go figure!! I did buy it finally a couple years ago when Walmart had it on the bargain rack - I have only watched it once. LMAO!!

Mary, I am probably 3/4 way through - it's driving me crazy! By the time I get to bed, and get to read, I only can keep my eyes open for about a half an hour, and I am trying to not "rush" my way through, but read it thoroughly, so I don't miss an important piece of information, lol. But it still has me hooked!!

I love beer, I like the taste of it, lol, always have, hee hee. And I like the beery beer - the dark beers, specialty beers etc. Bud Light and that's good in the summer every now and then, but tastes like water to me, ha ha ha ha!! And one to two is my total limit, I don't drink very often, maybe one on the weekend, and that's it. So, if I went over my "limit" it wouldn't be pretty I'm sure!! ha ha ha!!!!

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Have you finished the book yet and how are your nerves holding up? I could never get used to drinking beer. Think it is awful tasting stuff. I do like the wine coolers but the bladder doesn't. Could really drink that stuff all the time. not sure how well I hold my drinking so not sure just how many would be to many. Actually I could really go for one now. Maybe all of us need to drink, eat and be merry. (More on the drinking side)

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Jen and Tig I think you'd like it - I was up til 1:30 last night in bed reading!!! I could NOT put it down, had to keep going to find out what came next! LOL

Oh yeah Mary, I woke up and about flipped!!! It was WAY too creepy to have the same kind of weather I was reading about in book...scary way to wake up!!! Hmmm, an nice beer does sound yummy, being St. Pat's day and all think I'll crack open an Guinness!

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Tracey, that sure would make you pee your pants waking up thinking you were in the book. Maybe you should drink a glass of wine or a can of beer while reading this new book. Goodness I'm getting panicy just thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    ok ok you convinced me to read the book.. I use to read all the time.. maybe I will take it up again every night for a couple hours.
    The only movie that I still to this day can not is the first exorcist. The original uncut version.. I have tried, but........ well I sit here and closed my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears.. ok I'm the wimp here..

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Huh... "Cell" sounds like a good read... maybe I'll have to get it

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Thanks Erika!! I actually was very happy - no nightmares last night! YAY!!!!! Hopefully the tide has turned and my brain has figured out it's nothing to be afraid of, just a story, I hope....

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I get them too once in a while tracyann! Sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else in your life! SWEET DREAMS(wishing you!)

Erika

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh Mary! That reminds me, I was reading a book, danged if I can remember the name now, but it started on a foggy stormy type of day etc. Well, I was home alone, and I fell asleep on the couch reading it (it was afternoon) and I woke up - to thunder. I looked outside and it was FOGGY, omg, I about flipped out! My mom worked across the street from our house at a little party store, and I remember calling her and asking if she could come home early!!

Sometimes it's fun to be scared, lol. And then if you are drawn into the story and can't put it down - you're doomed! ha ha ha!!

Christine, when my ex took Zyban (Wellbutrin with a different name, lol) to quit smoking he had to stop due to nightmares!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Whew! So maybe hormones ARE to blame? LOL!!! I think "Sleeper Cell" sounds like something that would freak me out as well, *shiver*. Now a days those things can translate into reality pretty easily (but now that's next on my want-to-read list, thanks Jen!!!)... I think if The Stand didn't have the "battle of good and evil" tone to it, it would have really scared me - that super flu business just spooks the heck out of me!!!

This one, "Cell" is base on that at 3 pm one afternoon, anyone who was using a cell phone basically went insane - maniacally insane, running around killing themselves, murdering others and it's about these 3 "refugees" who made it safely as they didn't have cell phones on them etc. So, it's about them trying to get out of the city - and avoid the "crazies" as they call them... there's no power, etc. They are right now thinking terrorism used the cell phones as a tool of "destruction" etc, because in this day and age who DOESN'T have one? But that's just their initial theory... I think that's why it scares me...lol. But I am loving it and can't stop reading it! Good grief, better maybe take an extra hydroxyzine to calm my nerves...hee hee, just kidding!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X