X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fun Read!

I just finished & loved this book:
    The Ladies No 1 Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

The characters are personable, the setting (Botswana) a unique place, and the mysteries are light & non-gory. A great read!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

I don't read to much. However this sounds interesting thank you
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

That is one of my all-time favorites, and it's the first book in a series, so you're in luck! It's amazing how he writes so simply, yet so beautifully. They are pretty easy going if you're experiencing brain fog, but they also touch and explore some of the most fundamental issues of right and wrong.

I know I'd never make it as a book reviewer... but I don't know how else to describe his work. It's very, very engaging; you can lose yourself completely in these books, so I'd call them good pain- and stress-relievers too!
      Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
      Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I bought the first of the series while visiting Alaska, and am hooked on Alexander McCall Smith books. Love the people and their take on life, so honest and real. Keep reading, all his series are super. I volunteer at the local library, two days a week, I get in line fast when his books come out. Another author I really like is Maeve Binchy, stories placed in England and Ireland, she also has a talent to make her characters part of your life.
        Sunny day to you, suebee

Comment

Working...
        X