Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suebee2
    replied
    I bought the first of the series while visiting Alaska, and am hooked on Alexander McCall Smith books. Love the people and their take on life, so honest and real. Keep reading, all his series are super. I volunteer at the local library, two days a week, I get in line fast when his books come out. Another author I really like is Maeve Binchy, stories placed in England and Ireland, she also has a talent to make her characters part of your life.
    Sunny day to you, suebee

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    That is one of my all-time favorites, and it's the first book in a series, so you're in luck! It's amazing how he writes so simply, yet so beautifully. They are pretty easy going if you're experiencing brain fog, but they also touch and explore some of the most fundamental issues of right and wrong.

I know I'd never make it as a book reviewer... but I don't know how else to describe his work. It's very, very engaging; you can lose yourself completely in these books, so I'd call them good pain- and stress-relievers too!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I don't read to much. However this sounds interesting thank you

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    started a topic A Fun Read!

A Fun Read!

I just finished & loved this book:
    The Ladies No 1 Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

The characters are personable, the setting (Botswana) a unique place, and the mysteries are light & non-gory. A great read!
Working...
X