give me a good book anytime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kadi View Post
    I just ordered a kindle - can't wait to try it!! I love books, so don't know how this will be.
    But, my apartment isn't getting any bigger, I hate to give up my books so the shelves are starting to look ridiculous, and I'm thinking this will be great for travel

My daughter recently got a kindle for her Bat Mitzvah. It was easily her favorite gift. She loves it. She reads all the time. She is currently reading the classics because they're free or very cheap- Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, etc. Last year, in 6th grade, she read The Odyssey for fun!

I just read The Room and Slummy Mummy for my book club. The Room is good but a bit disturbing. Slummy Mummy is a fun read, especially is you're a PTA mom!

I also read A Discovery of Witches. There were parts I loved but parts that bothered me. I would recommend it if you like books about witches and vampires. Sort of an adult Twilight series.

Comment

Oh! New book, very amusing. "The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food." Hard to describe it, but I'm not wanting to put it down!
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I loved Water for Elephants!!! I cannot wait to see the movie. My husband and I both have nooks and we love them. We both travel a lot and the nook allows me to take a number of books with me without the extra weight. In fact, we got him his when he broke his hand last year right before we went on a two week cruise. I took nine books to read.....after that I got mine. :-)

The only problem with the e-readers is that they classify them the same as computers and personal music devices and you have to turn them off on take off and landing. :-(
        Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
        IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
        IC Diet Website
        For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
        Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
        Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
        IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

I am not supposed to do anything lifting or bending down to my back, and of course my husband really can't do anything either due to his foot surgery (boy, are we are pair or what??) anyway, had my son get all of my husbands books off the bookcase and sort thru them to see what he wanted to keep or give away (the bookcase shelves pretty much fell apart (the books or even possibly the dust were holding them up).
          so he is going to go thru them in the next few days and when we are both better need to go and get the little things that hold up the shelves.
          He reads more than I do mainly Sci Fiction or action adverture.

Comment

I am currently reading Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story 1958-2009 on my Kindle.

Comment

The new Harlen Coben was awesome! and, of course, my fave vampire author JR Ward told the story of Payne, twin sister to Vishous!
              Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

I can't put the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, down. I was up until 3:00 am last night. So glad, there are two more books in the series for me to read.

Comment

My favorite book of all time is "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume. Amazing!!! All about friendship ! I have read it countless times.

Jenn
                  28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Books to read

I do the same thing Donna, once I'm done with a book I try donating it to the library if it's not something I wanna keep. I have a LOT of books that are for reference & those are on my bookshelf!

Reading has always been one of my stress relievers!

I haven't been on here in a while, I'm on Facebook mostly now & or I text. Since we relocated to OK, I don't feel like being "glued" to the desktop anymore!
                    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
                    Jen
                    Medically diagnosed Post Menopause 9-13, unsure for how long! Have: IC, IBS-C, arthritis, carpal tunnel, hypoglycemia, RLS, seasonal sinusitis, depression, anxiety, infertility, hormone imbalance.

Please read Screaming to be heard by Dr. Elizabeth Vliet. I do deep cleansing breathing & relaxation morning & night along with doing Yoga everynight now, it's been a huge blessing for my body! Born & raised in Michigan, relocated to Oklahoma in 9/09. Please Don't stop anti depressants or mood stabilizers "cold turkey"!

http://www.icawareness.com/stories.html

Jen Meier Cascaddan on Facebook

Married for 21 years, have 2 cats that are my "boys"

Comment

Working...
                    X