X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen48446
    replied
    Books to read

I do the same thing Donna, once I'm done with a book I try donating it to the library if it's not something I wanna keep. I have a LOT of books that are for reference & those are on my bookshelf!

Reading has always been one of my stress relievers!

I haven't been on here in a while, I'm on Facebook mostly now & or I text. Since we relocated to OK, I don't feel like being "glued" to the desktop anymore!

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    My favorite book of all time is "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume. Amazing!!! All about friendship ! I have read it countless times.

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• vanilla
    replied
    I can't put the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, down. I was up until 3:00 am last night. So glad, there are two more books in the series for me to read.

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    The new Harlen Coben was awesome! and, of course, my fave vampire author JR Ward told the story of Payne, twin sister to Vishous!

Leave a comment:

• CBZ1982
    replied
    I am currently reading Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story 1958-2009 on my Kindle.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I am not supposed to do anything lifting or bending down to my back, and of course my husband really can't do anything either due to his foot surgery (boy, are we are pair or what??) anyway, had my son get all of my husbands books off the bookcase and sort thru them to see what he wanted to keep or give away (the bookcase shelves pretty much fell apart (the books or even possibly the dust were holding them up).
    so he is going to go thru them in the next few days and when we are both better need to go and get the little things that hold up the shelves.
    He reads more than I do mainly Sci Fiction or action adverture.

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    I loved Water for Elephants!!! I cannot wait to see the movie. My husband and I both have nooks and we love them. We both travel a lot and the nook allows me to take a number of books with me without the extra weight. In fact, we got him his when he broke his hand last year right before we went on a two week cruise. I took nine books to read.....after that I got mine. :-)

The only problem with the e-readers is that they classify them the same as computers and personal music devices and you have to turn them off on take off and landing. :-(

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Oh! New book, very amusing. "The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food." Hard to describe it, but I'm not wanting to put it down!

Leave a comment:

• momto3
    replied
    Originally posted by kadi View Post
    I just ordered a kindle - can't wait to try it!! I love books, so don't know how this will be.
    But, my apartment isn't getting any bigger, I hate to give up my books so the shelves are starting to look ridiculous, and I'm thinking this will be great for travel

My daughter recently got a kindle for her Bat Mitzvah. It was easily her favorite gift. She loves it. She reads all the time. She is currently reading the classics because they're free or very cheap- Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, etc. Last year, in 6th grade, she read The Odyssey for fun!

I just read The Room and Slummy Mummy for my book club. The Room is good but a bit disturbing. Slummy Mummy is a fun read, especially is you're a PTA mom!

I also read A Discovery of Witches. There were parts I loved but parts that bothered me. I would recommend it if you like books about witches and vampires. Sort of an adult Twilight series.

Leave a comment:

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    My daughter absolutely loves her Nook, but I could never give up books. I own over 700, and have at least 30 books waiting to be read. Besides my morning Bible devotional time, I try to get in some reading every day.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I tried the kindle at Church a few weeks ago, but I really didn't like it. I guess I like my books best- than I give them to the Goodwill or to our Wellness program at work and they can sell when we have a booksale.

I too tried to read the "girl with the Dragon Tattoo" but after several tries finally gave that up.

Leave a comment:

• kbreedlove
    replied
    great books

I love knowing what you are reading as well! I am reading, "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voscamp. It has been very inspiring about gratitude. The author has health struggles and it tells her journey. I have also just started, "Life Interrupted" by Priscilla Shirer and the title says it all!

I also love The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon!! They are a little racy so be warned BUT SO AMAZING!!! They are historical novels set in Scotland. You will get be transported to another time. SO GOOD!

I have my books on my iPad but have found that I miss the sound of hearing the page turn and it just doesn't feel the same.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm reading Mary Higgins Clark's latest book. I'm having trouble putting it down.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• vanilla
    replied
    Talk Show by Dick Cavett. An excellent book if you like to revisit the recent past.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I just ordered a kindle - can't wait to try it!! I love books, so don't know how this will be.
    But, my apartment isn't getting any bigger, I hate to give up my books so the shelves are starting to look ridiculous, and I'm thinking this will be great for travel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X