X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BiblioGrrL
    replied
    Thanks, Kadi!

It sounds very intriguing. I'm a librarian, so I'm always on the look out for a good read.

My 2011 favorites so far are:

The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating (Bailey, Elizabeth) --
    Beautiful little memoir about Bailey's mysterious illness that left her bedridden. A friend brought her a snail to keep her company. She became fascinated by it, and began to educate herself (and readers) on the many intriguing habits of the lowly little snail-very interesting.

Before I Go To Sleep (Watson, S.J) A psychological thriller about a woman with a rare form of amnesia. Once she goes to sleep, she can no longer recall the events of the previous day. Lots of twists and surprises here.

The Lantern (Lawrenson, Deborah) If you liked Du Maurier's [I]Rebecca[I] then definitely check this one out!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I read a brief description of it and it does sound fascinating. There's even a u-tube by the author that is very interesting. I plan to see if our library has it. If not, guess I'll head for a book store.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    I need book suggestions. I keep picking things up that I don't enjoy and don't finish. I'll have to look that one up. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Toto
    replied
    Thank for the posting. I added the book to my Amazon wishlist.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Sounds good. I'm looking for something to read.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    started a topic I couldn't put this book down...

I couldn't put this book down...

"Shantaram" by Gregory David Roberts. I read it everywhere, in the house, doctor's office, airport, everywhere. And in spite of its length, I think I'm going to have to read it again. There are very few books that I've fallen into, as an adult, like this one.... I just hope they don't screw it up in the movie version!
Working...
X