The Better Bladder Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Better Bladder Book

Absolutely fantastic! A comprehensive book written in easy to understand terms. Hands down, the best book I have ever read about IC. Highly recommend it!
    My current regimen:
    Dancing, Laughing, Petting Emily and Louise - my shihtzus

Tried and gave up on:
    Diazepam
    PFD
    Warm Baths
    Millions of supplements
    Elmiron instillations - did 5 weekly instills and did not help. Gave up.
    Oxytrol patch - no consistent relief after 3 weeks and very expensive
    Sanctura XR - tried for 6 weeks with no consistent relief
    Imipramine - tried for a week, but started to have a "hesitant" void - kind of twitchy.
    PTNS - doctor's office was disorganized, appts took hours and gave up after 4 treatments
    Vaginal valium suppositories - not as effective as taking valium orally
    Cystoprotek - ridiculously overpriced - taking same supplements from CVS
    Elmiron - 100mg in the morn, 200mg in the late afternoon - no results after 1 year
    Elavil - 25 mg at night- no consistent relief and 5 extra pounds
    IV Vitamin C - the only person with an allergic reaction to Vitamin C drips
    Hormones

Does it just cover IC or the entire gamut of things like Pelvic Floor dysfunction, etc.
    Symptoms:
    Sensory Urgency - having to urinate when I have lower volume in my bladder. Sometimes bladder discomfort. Sometimes Testicle aching. Heavy Anxiety!

Diagnosis:
    Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. Dr's don't think I have IC but the more I read the more I think this is all related. I also have a severe hormone imbalance - extremely low Testosterone.

Medications:
    Zoloft 100 mg, Valium 5mg (use sparingly)

What might help me:
    Still trying to figure this out.

Comment

I don't recall - I'd have to double check.

But, if you are wondering about pelvic floor dysfunction then I highly recommend the book, A Headache In the Pelvis. It is endorsed by my Uro, Dr. Moldwin, who is highly regarded on this network. Since I've been addressing my pelvic floor my symptoms are dramatically decreasing.

Another amazing book! Don't be hesitant about a second opionion when it comes to the pelvic floor or even seeing a physical therapist who specializes in the pelvic floor if you can.
      My current regimen:
      Dancing, Laughing, Petting Emily and Louise - my shihtzus

Tried and gave up on:
      Diazepam
      PFD
      Warm Baths
      Millions of supplements
      Elmiron instillations - did 5 weekly instills and did not help. Gave up.
      Oxytrol patch - no consistent relief after 3 weeks and very expensive
      Sanctura XR - tried for 6 weeks with no consistent relief
      Imipramine - tried for a week, but started to have a "hesitant" void - kind of twitchy.
      PTNS - doctor's office was disorganized, appts took hours and gave up after 4 treatments
      Vaginal valium suppositories - not as effective as taking valium orally
      Cystoprotek - ridiculously overpriced - taking same supplements from CVS
      Elmiron - 100mg in the morn, 200mg in the late afternoon - no results after 1 year
      Elavil - 25 mg at night- no consistent relief and 5 extra pounds
      IV Vitamin C - the only person with an allergic reaction to Vitamin C drips
      Hormones

Comment

Reading the Better Bladder Book right now and it is great! It does cover EVERYTHING!!

Comment

this book picks up where medical treatment leaves off: the use of diet, exercise, stress and pain reduction techniques, and methods for better sleep are discussed in this book

Comment

thank you emilyandlouise, the book author is Wendy Cohan

Comment

Re: The Better Bladder Book

"I absolutely LOVE this book. I am recommending it to everyone I know who has Interstitial Cystitis. You simply must get this one. The author gives thorough and easy to understand explanations about IC, its possible causes and many ways that it can be treated naturally. I feel so much more knowledgeable about my condition after reading this, and have developed a good plan of attack on IC. I liked that the author is an RN who also has Interstitial Cystitis. I encourage anyone searching for detailed information on IC to buy this book."
              hi

Comment

Working...
              X