Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babygirlh1
    replied
    Do you have a human resources department? You need to bring a letter to HR or your bosses boss from the doctor explaining your medical condition. Then they will talk with your boss about it. After that, anything your boss says that makes you uncomfortable is harrassment. You have the legal right to be comfortable at your job. I quit once because of a manager who acted similar to your boss. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! Good luck, you don't need to be treated that way.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    That's true Donna, I don't think that she's really trying to be mean, I just think she doesn't really get how bad it is and she is trying to be funny and make me laugh. She really is a good person, she's the best boss that I've ever had, so doesn't give me a hard time about going to all my appointments.
    Cindy, I don't have pictures of my bladder yet but my uro is probably going to schedule my hydro when I go back in a month so I am going to make sure that he gives me copies so I can post them and show them to everybody.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    Donna is right. you could tell her that her tactic's of joking is highly upsetting you..

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I agree with tigger, I would print out as much as I could and leave it on her desk..or hand it to her..It makes me so mad that people do not understand IC.. You know what I did.. I looked for a good article on IC and pasted it.
    And sent it to everyone on my email addy and my good friends even sent it to thier friends and ask to keep it going.. I am determined to get the message out about IC..

Good luck with your boss

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You might want to ask her if she is trying to cheer you up --- and if she says she is, you might tell her that it isn't working. Unfortunately, some people can't deal with serious issues easily --- she might be one of them.

Sending warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    when you go to work tomorrow hand here every thing you can print up on IC ro include the pain side of it.. If you have a picture of your bladder show her that. Tell her that IC has been stated that the pain is worse then end stage cancer pain.. She is being very rude and harassing you. Ask her how would you feel is I made fun of you regarding your cancer? gosh this makes me so very mad.
    (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I don't think I'm going to go that far. If I tell my boss that it really upset me and I don't like her joking about it then she will stop but I don't think that I should have to tell her, it's just very insensitive in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    That is terrible and not the least bit funny. I would politely tell them to quit with their remarks or you will take legal action against them. That sounds like harrasment to me. I am so sorry they are acting like that. They really need to grow up. Don't let them run over you!!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    started a topic They think it's a big joke

They think it's a big joke

Alright, I know people really don't understand IC but this is getting on my nerves. My boss and another supervisor on our floor were teasing me about my frequent bathroom breaks. I have explained to my boss about my IC the best I can considering she doesn't want me to give her any detail because it seems to gross her out (sorry that my health problems gross you out, try living with them )
    So anyway, as many of you know I'm going back to my uro in 4 weeks and if the Macrobid didn't approve my symptoms then he's going to do a hydro. I have warned my boss about this because I know that I'm going to want to take some time off because I have a feeling I'm going to be in pain for at least a few days.
    She says to me "I can't wait until you go to have that thing done so you stop going to the bathroom all the time." I had to explain to her that it won't cure IC, nothing can cure IC if I'm lucky it may put me into remission for a time but it may not. Then her and the other supevisor told me that I need to start wearing depends, and then I will have serenity and poise! haha, not freakin' funny. I am 28 years old I am not wearing depends when I have a bathroom within 10 feet from my desk. I know that they were just trying to tease me and be funny but it's really not funny as we all know to have to deal with this all the time.
    You think my boss could be more sensitive when she had to have chemo for a lump they removed from her breast and all of her hair is falling out! Ugh
Working...
X