Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Angie**
    replied
    I called a couple of weeks ago to see if I qualified for disability. If I'd tried in 1998 I would have. But since I only worked parttime sporatically thru the last few years-- I was raising 2 children-- so sorry for you. Your right it is a FULL time job, never ending, day and night. We should get some kind of compensation for that--don't you think? Just because we decided we'd be financially straped to raise our children doesn't mean we wanted to live that way forever!! Now it's even harder with them getting older and my medical bills. Ooohhh this makes me mad.

Leave a comment:

• blueeyes46
    replied
    I've also been told by Social Security I did not make enough money in my lifetime so far to qualify for disability? I am 47. I chose to stay home with my children for 28 years. I'd say that was a very full time job. Shame on SS and Disability

Leave a comment:

• blueeyes46
    replied
    I agree. I am SO sick of people saying you don't look sick! Am I supposed to look like a corpse? It really annoys me!

Leave a comment:

• kristicrownover
    replied
    ADA and IC

I would like to find the article that talks about IC being covered under ADA.
    Could someone tell me how to find this article?
    Thanks,
    Kristi

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    That's so great Jen that he finally seems to get it. I hope that he continues to be more understanding. Even though my boss made that joke the one day about needing depends she is really understanding about my IC. I don't think any of my bosses in the past would have been as understanding. I got my uro appt moved up to March 30th and she's letting me take a half a day. Someone else asked for a vacation day that day and she told me that mine was medical and much more important because I'm so miserable all the time so she denied her request and aproved mine.
    I hope that everything keeps to improve at work or that you figure out what you really want to do.

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    Good for you for keeping on keeping on informing him. Persistance does pay off!! I hope that his understanding lasts this time and he will treat you more compassionately from now on.

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• Claredale
    replied
    I was going to mention the ADA thing too. My boss (who by the way isn't here most of the time) made a remark to me about being 30 minutes late last Monday. I told him that I had to get my prescription that was told on Saturday that they would have ready at 8:00 on Monday morning. Well, it wasn't and therefore I was late. He was lucky I came in at all since it was my pain meds and I went through the weekend with just 3 Lortabs, so I had not had any sleep nor was I in the best mood. I really need to check into finding another job, but I really like the other girl that I work with, plus it is low stress most of the time.

Well Jen...I hope that things will improve for you!

Hugs,
    Tracey

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    so glad that he is coming to the conclusion that ic is real.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Good for you, Jen - for being so presistent and not giving up on making him understand what life is like on the job in your shoes. I am so surprised to read how he has changed a bit for the better. Amazing.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Good for you Jen on standing your ground. Some people are simply ignorant. As mean as it sounds, it is the truth. Oh and about the cancer thing, when I asked to go back on the wellbutrin my gp asked why. I told her the IC was killing my spirit, and then she asked why again. I told her that cancer would be easier. I would either die and the pain would stop, or I would get better and my pain would be gone. If the cancer came back, the process would repeat itself. IC can be treated and not cured. The pain can subside, but it will or can always return.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    You handled that great!! Now that he knows your armed with all kinds of info, he cant say anything. If he does, you could get him for discrimination against a person who is sick.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Good for you! The ADA article should let him know he could be headed for huge problems if he doesn't comply by making allowances for your disability.

I'm proud of you.

Giant hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    I am so proud of you for the way you handled that situation. I hope your boss will continue to treat you with the compassion you deserve.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! WoW thie is SO true! Some times you have to pound people on the head with the info to get it through to them. No one really understands how painful and disabling IC is for all of us who suffer from it and the many other conditions that tag along with it! Thank you for reminding me/us we need 'repeated doses' for some people we know and love! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    I am so glad that he responded that way to you. I also know that people have short attention spans and have to be reminded about almost everything. I hope that one day soon, this disease will be common knowledge and that more people will recognize that it is a real disease and creates many difficulties for the people who have it. Until then, I guess it is up to us to continue to remind them of the costs we pay because we have IC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X