• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarojini
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo:

Glad you are back to work, Kadi!!!

As for the super-gluer, that is a typical teenage boy prank... even when my hubby taught at an exclusive prep school, that didn't mean the kids were better behaved; that kind of prank happened ALL the time. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Right now, I've taken a bit of a financial loss since we lost more salary striking than we'll get in retro pay, but next year's salary will be better, so I guess overall it's turned out ok.

BUT: I was really happy to see the kids today & most of them were really glad to be back (except the turkey who went around the school last night super-gluing all the hallway door locks. Guess 3 weeks off wasn't enough for him/her?!! We got in anyway & without the kids knowing it took over an hour for the custodian to chip it all out!)

Leave a comment:

• bladder
    replied
    I bet you are glad it is over!

I went through a teacher strike about 1 1/2 years ago. Our whole province was walking the picket lines. It was very emotional. In our district, we ended up loosing more than we gained. I hope you had more luck where you teach! :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• Janie Miranda
    replied
    Oh good Kadi, and not a moment too soon. I know you are totally relieved.

Leave a comment:

• Cardholic
    replied
    Glad the strike is over, and I hope the teachers got what they deserve!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    WONDERFUL I am so happy for you.. I bet you are too.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    This is the best news that I've heard. :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Kadi! That's great news, I am so happy for you and all the teachers affected by it!! You can all breathe a bit easier now

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm so happy it's over. Strikes are horrible things.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    :woohoo: I am so relieved to hear that it is over. I know that you have been really frustrated and worried. I am glad to hear this burden has been lifted from you. Congrats on the end of the strike!

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: Great news Kadi!! I know how hard this strike has been on you. I am so glad that it is finally over and hopefully life can go back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    Kadi,
    Wonderful news!!!! I'm glad you can get back to work now and relax a bit.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    started a topic The strike is over!

The strike is over!

To all who have supported me through the last month:

Tonight the district & the teachers reached settlement on the contract dispute & we go back to work tomorrow!

This was the worst experience of my professional career & I'm very glad it's over. Thank you guys for all your support!
Working...
X