X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Thanks Tracy and Donna,
    My flare has lessened some. I don't have the constant pain anymore now I'm just getting the really really horrible stabbing pains in my bladder. Those are driving me crazy now. I'm back at work at least, I really didn't have a choice though I only have 11.5 hours of vacation left and 3.5 hours of sick for the whole rest of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    I am so sorry Christine that you are not feeling well. I sure do hope you start feeling better soon. I ditto what Donna said, "Will a hug help."

Plenty of hugs,
    Trishann

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Will a hug help?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    replied
    hang in there christine...i'm flaring too. i think connor can sense that i'm not well and is acting up too. thanks a lot kid!

here's to feeling better soon...for all of us!! btw christine, love the new griffin pictures very cute.

tracy

ps--erika, i would go for all of what you said EXCEPT the poppin out babies...my body can't handle anymore!! grrr.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Oh thanks Carolyn ((((((hugs)))))))) I actually feel worse! Hubby wants to know if I'm going to work tomorrow, probably not, hurts to walk, hurts to sit. Just went to the dr and found out I have some kind of throat infection as well. Woohoo, antibiotics for 7 days!

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Oh, Christine, you work so hard for your job and your family, you don't deserve to lose all your vacation days to IC. That's awful.

I hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Tell me about it...I would take a 6lb heathy baby any day-(over a 9lb) but then again any healthy baby is a miracle! Hang in there griffs, at least she doesn't hate you yet! HAHAHA Sorry to joke I know how stressful it is, but sometimes joking takes the edge off...

Erika

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    LOL Erika, all but the popping out babies sounds like the life to me. Griffin was 9lb 7oz, I don't think I could stand to have another baby that big, and all my hubby's kids were big like that. I know my boss doesn't hate me, I feel so guilty when I call out. She knows that I work hard for her and come in when I'm in pain but today was just so horrible. I was running to the bathroom every 15 minutes doubled over in pain. It feels like someone is trying to squeeze my bladder with an iron fist or something.
    Mary, I'm sorry you were at work all last week with a flare. I usually go to work when I'm in pain but this was just a new level that I couldn't deal with while at work. Before I started taking the Elavil I was at work everyday in pain with my heating pad on. That has improved for the most part thank goodness but you wouldn't know it from how bad this flare is.
    Thank you to everyone for the hugs and kind words. I know I always feel better after hearing from my friends here.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    My boss hates me too right now, and I mean HATE! I will be out for a while since i'm getting the stim done on friday (trial). I'm trying not to let the stress consume me or it will be a flare for sure...We just need to win the lottery griffs, and pop out babies and watch Oprah everyday...wouldn't that be the life

Erika

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I hear you. I flared all of last week, but unlike you I went to work - sat with my heating pad and took my pain meds and pyrdium(?) and work at my computer for the most part. Over the weekend, I slept and read a book. Everybody else had to work so it was really quiet. Hope you get to feeling better.

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    Sending your way. I know exactly how you feel.. get better soon.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I hear you. I'm home today too, flared all night, now nauseated & exhausted. This used up my last sick day. Hopefully I won't miss more between now & June 16th or I lose pay...

Hang in there. All we can do is the best we can....

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    Sorry you are feeling so rough today. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Sending big get well hugs your way!

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    started a topic Missing work due to this stupid flare

Missing work due to this stupid flare

My boss is probably cursing my name as I type this. I had to call out last Monday because hubby was sick and couldn't watch Griffin. I got my period over the weekend and it has given me a horrible flare. I had to take 2 vicoden last night just to go to sleep. The dr wrote it that I can take 1 or 2 but I usually only take 1. I had to sleep half the night with my heating pad on and then when I woke up this morning it was just as bad.
    I hate that I have to miss work. I had a really bad stomach bug earlier in the year that used up all of my sick time so now all I have left is vacation time and I doubt that will even last me until the end of the year. I have to use my vaction time as sick time and don't even get to have normal vacation days
    I'm hoping that I can go back to work tomorrow but I honestly do not have any idea how I'm going to feel. I hate IC I guess on the bright side my one year anniversary at work is coming up in a couple of weeks and then I can get the paperwork for FMLA so even if I don't have any paid time off they can't fire me, I just won't get paid, which won't be fun since hubby stays at home with Griffin but it's better than being w/o a job I guess.
    Somedays I wish I could just quit work and let someone else worry about the work and money stuff but I've always been the one that makes more money than hubby and I've always been okay with that, it's just hard when my bladder hurts this much
Working...
X