• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    BrittanysDance
    ICN Member

• BrittanysDance
    replied
    ANSWERS:
    Why are you wearing only skirts lately? ANSWER: "Because I have great legs and wanted everyone to notice, so thanks for noticing!"

You are so skinny!? Have you lost weight? "Why yes...I was just on my hamster wheel this morning but thank you for noticing, it also goes along with my skirt wearing!"

I didn't know you had so much gray hair! "Well Marie Claire says its the newest look this spring/summer/fall/winter - thought I'd give it a go!" LMAO!

Have you gained weight? (good lord...NEVER appropriate to ask anyone). My response if outside of the workplace to a man would be "No, has your penis gotten smaller?" and to a woman would be "No..have you gotten a boob job?" That should shut them up pretty quickly. As for inside the workplace...uhm...I havent a clue as I'd still want to say the above to them regardless. LOL

Why don't you smile? (when I'm in pain and still trying to do my work) "I am..on the inside - see?" (and then point to somewhere on your body)

At social events:

Why are you just drinking water? (over and over) "I'm not, I put vodka in my water bottle soas not to look like a lush" LOL!

Best I could do on such short notice I hate people like that...sheesh! I hope things get better for you.

Hugs,
    Brittany

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    Support Volunteers

• ICNJess
    replied
    If someone was rude enough to me to inquire about my weight (added pounds) or gray hair, I'd point out to them their gray hair or how long they've been draggin' that wagon LOL.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    IC Friend

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    OHHHHHHHHHH I love that answer...feisty yet subtle. I give it a whirl! Thanks!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    ICN Member

• Angeles
    started a topic A good answer for insensitive questions

A good answer for insensitive questions

I'm sure you have been asked questions out of the blue that probbably left you down.
    I work fulltime and I'm very gratefull for that and for the people I work with.
    However There are good days and bad days and I get these questions or comments many times:

Why are you wearing only skirts lately?

You are so skinny!? Have you lost weight?

I didn't know you had so much gray hair!

Have you gained weight?

Why don't you smile? (when I'm in pain and still trying to do my work)

At social events:

Why are you just drinking water? (over and over)

I know that these questions are harmless and not bad intentioned, however, sometimes, they come at a bad time and I wish not to hear them because it reminds me of IC and that I've changed.
    I can't give a full report to each person asking why I'm wearing this or why I'm going to the ladies room so many times?
    At the end, those questions/comments used to bring me down. Well.... not anymore. Now I just answer something vague and short, I smile, and tell them "THANK YOU FOR KEEPING TRACK". This last phrase works like a charm. I don't get those annoying questions after, at least not from the same person.
    I know you don't have to have IC to get insensitive questions here and there, when I was single people kept asking me why I didn't have a boyfriend? It started to get annoying at one point.

A guy I know who uses a chair cushion for back pain kept getting questions or comments about it at work. Finally he just answered: this cushion is for farts. LOL. I just love how he answered and how he turned things around so freely.

What is more important, we can't allow questions or comments to bring us down. Remember that it is our choice to allow them to change our mood or not. Since we have a lot to deal with already, please choose not to get affected by any of that.
Working...
X