Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone ever had a "job interview from hell?"share your story so i dont feel alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone ever had a "job interview from hell?"share your story so i dont feel alone

today i was pain free and accepted a job interview for a floral shop...i was excited because i havent worked or went to an interview in a long time.
    unfortunately my interviewer was very rude,asked alot of PERSONAL questions that had nothing to do with my qualifications for the job.
    i figured i didnt get the job anyway and he was pissing me off and upsetting me emotionally so i burst into tears and told him the main reason i need the job is i have alot of medical bills from the ic and told him what ic was and left
    ...i cried in the car on the way home and decided to schedule an appointment with my counselor.she told me this guy was way out of line in the questions he asked and could have gotten in trouble for discrimination...she always makes me feel soooo much better.thank God for excellent counselors.
    Newly IC diagnosed as of February 2011.

Medications I'm on that seem to work:
    Zoloft- one once a day
    Butrans pain patch 5 mcg (THANK GOD FOR WHOEVER INVENTED THIS!SO MUCH PAIN RELIEF ITS UNREAL,I AM IN NO PAIN AT ALL UNLESS I STRESS OR SCREW UP ON THE DIET)

Failed Meds:
    Elmiron-after 4 months,digestive side effects got to be too much
    tramadol-allergic
    DMSO treatments(5-6)
    probiotics

THERAPIES:gardening,cooking,IC Diet,Counseling,Lots of warm baths,stress reduction,heating pad or ice packs,meditation/deep breathing,listening to relaxing music,having fun on pain free days,drinking chamomile or peppermint tea,pelvic floor physical therapy
    AROMATHERAPY-candles,incense
    Village Naturals Aches and Pains Peppermint Bath Salts
    Johnson and Johnsons Lavender Melt Away Stress Body Wash/Lotion

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS
    Significant pain relief so far.

MAY TRY:yoga,swimming/hydrotherapy and anti-candida diet if i can kick my sugar addiction
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ***TO MY IC SISTERS AND BROTHERS:WE ARE OUR OWN ADVOCATES!,PLEASE DO AS MUCH RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN AS POSSIBLE AND TRY DIFFERENT TREATMENTS TO GET WELL.NOT ONE TREATMENT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.MOST IMPORTANTLY,TRY TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE,DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM NEGATIVITY/NEGATIVE PEOPLE AND NEVER,EVER GIVE UP!***

Add me on facebook Angela Hasic

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
    where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    when there is injury, pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    and where there is sadness, joy.
    Grant that I may not so much seek
    to be consoled as to console;
    to be understood, as to understand,
    to be loved as to love;
    for it is in giving that we receive,
    it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life.

That interviewer was completely out of line!

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Agree with Donna and want to add that at least you found out up front what a jerk he is. Imagine actually having to work with someone like that! That interview was bad enough, but working for him could have made for a really bad situation!
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

ironically they have called me in for a 2nd interview today..same guy..such is my life. i'm not gonna let it upset me like the first one no matter what happens.ic has taught me to be strong in more ways than one can imagine.if i do go to work for them i dont think i will be working for him. hes just an "interviewer"...only reason i will put up with bs is working with flowers has always been my dream..and no one or ic is going to stop me.

Zoloft- one once a day
        Butrans pain patch 5 mcg (THANK GOD FOR WHOEVER INVENTED THIS!SO MUCH PAIN RELIEF ITS UNREAL,I AM IN NO PAIN AT ALL UNLESS I STRESS OR SCREW UP ON THE DIET)

Failed Meds:
        tramadol-allergic
        DMSO treatments(5-6)
        probiotics

THERAPIES:gardening,cooking,IC Diet,Counseling,Lots of warm baths,stress reduction,heating pad or ice packs,meditation/deep breathing,listening to relaxing music,having fun on pain free days,drinking chamomile or peppermint tea,pelvic floor physical therapy

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS

MAY TRY:yoga,swimming/hydrotherapy and anti-candida diet if i can kick my sugar addiction
        ***TO MY IC SISTERS AND BROTHERS:WE ARE OUR OWN ADVOCATES!,PLEASE DO AS MUCH RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN AS POSSIBLE AND TRY DIFFERENT TREATMENTS TO GET WELL.NOT ONE TREATMENT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.MOST IMPORTANTLY,TRY TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE,DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM NEGATIVITY/NEGATIVE PEOPLE AND NEVER,EVER GIVE UP!***

to be loved as to love;

Comment

update:got the job.

Zoloft- one once a day

Failed Meds:
          tramadol-allergic
          DMSO treatments(5-6)
          probiotics

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS

to be loved as to love;

Comment

Congratulations!
            "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it.

Donna
              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

[3MG]

Comment

interview from hell

Flower,
                You go girl!!
                I think it's great that you stood up for yourself, and got the job!
                Have fun!
                Laurie

Comment

update found out he IS my boss.yeah.. so far he made me work for 2 days (unpaid training) which were not part time hours (20 hrs a week) thu and fri. he also does not give anyone breaks or lunch periods.. we have to eat while we're working/on the phone. its really screwing up my schedule with taking my elmiron.fri i started experiencing stress because he was getting onto me for stupid little things (hes a workaholic and perfectionist everything has to be done his way),so i started experiencing pain during work and told him it was time for me to go home after bein there for over 4hrs unpaid. i had had enough learning/training for the day that it was affecting my ic. he freaked out and has a long drawn out convo w/ me about he doesnt know if i will be able to handle the job with my ic (i told him bout the ic in my interview). i told him i will need to be out for doctors appts,physical therapy,etc also. he doesnt like that and is not willing to work with me so far.he doesnt understand how on thu i was like a normal person and fri i was crippled in pain. i told him ic is like that.so now...he has went back on his word about starting me out on monday (paid).. and tells me he will think about if hes going to keep me or not over the weekend.i'm expecting a call from him tomorrow.in my anger yesterday i sent him an email stating the TN labor laws state he must provide at least a lunch or a 30 min break minimum.i also sent him the laws about its illegal to discriminate against someone with a disability and fmla would protect me by law for dr's appointments. we'll see what he says tomorrow. if he doesnt keep me its his loss and i will continue to look for other jobs. he says no one will hire me with ic... yea.right.
                  Last edited by flowerangela; 04-02-2011, 06:00 PM.

Zoloft- one once a day

Failed Meds:
                  tramadol-allergic
                  DMSO treatments(5-6)
                  probiotics

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS

to be loved as to love;

Comment

interview from hell

Good grief, Flower. I'm almost tempted to say it's not worth it, but I know how much you want this job.
                    I guess you have to weigh the pros and cons, taking the impact on your body into consideration.
                    Let us know what happens.
                    Laurie

Comment

I have to wonder how good a boss this guy would be if he decides to keep you on. Just remember that it's your decision regarding whether you choose to work for him.

I have to wonder how legal it is to expect someone to orient without being paid. I suggest you check that out.

Warm hugs,
                      Donna
                      Stay safe

[3MG]

Comment

thanks guys,he never called me today. im debating whether to call him tomorrow and let him know i would like to come in or just let it be and see if he calls me. i'm really struggling with the decision.

Zoloft- one once a day

Failed Meds:
                        tramadol-allergic
                        DMSO treatments(5-6)
                        probiotics

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS

to be loved as to love;

Comment

I'm so sorry. I know you wanted to work with flowers, but honestly, this just doesn't sound right! I have never gone unpaid while training for a job, and find it a little hard to believe someone would expect one to. (?)

Vicki
                          "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

yea.. ended up not working for him anymore.. wouldnt have wanted to stay. he would not accomodate me for days off for drs appointments and such. i guess he took advantage because i told him it would be ok if it wasnt a paid position.. like volunteering. he had planned on hiring me till he saw my IC pain in action one day at work.considering taking some distance ed classes online.

Zoloft- one once a day

Failed Meds:
                            tramadol-allergic
                            DMSO treatments(5-6)
                            probiotics

ACUPUNCTURE/HERBS

to be loved as to love;

Comment

job interview

Flower,
                              It sort of sounds like that job was not meant to be.
                              I think the long distance classes sound like a great idea. What type of classes were you thinking of taking?
                              Laurie

Comment

Working...
                              X