Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Sue, I have had IC for 26 years now and have done a lot of reading about IC. I have never seen a study that linked cancer to IC. I'm sure that there have been IC patients with cancer; I don't know any segment of the population that is immune to it. I do think, however, if IC turned into cancer, I would have it by now and I absolutely do not; I had my last hydrodistention last June and there was no evidence of any kind of tumor.

Hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Melanie
    replied
    Hi Sue,
    I have never heard of anyone having IC and then bladder cancer. Bladder cancer is somewhat rare and statitics show that it usually affects older men.
    When a dr does a hydro/cysto on a suspected IC patient, he usually does a biopsy. This is standard procedure. This is usually done as precautionary and is a good time to get a sample of cells to test.
    Is that what is scaring you? I'm trying to understand where your concern is based.
    take care,
    Melanie

Leave a comment:

• sue041
    started a topic Cancer and I C

Cancer and I C

Hi does anyone know of any body that had I C and later it turned into cancer. This is my biggest concern. Thanks for all the good things that I have picked from this site. Take and may God Bless You All...Sue
Working...
X