No announcement yet.

state disability authorization

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • state disability authorization

    Does anyone know if you can change who the doctor is that is authorizing your state disability in the middle of a claim? I ask this because the doctor I had been seeing who put me on Elmiron, is no longer willing to extend my disability because "she is no longer actively treating me", whereas I have a different doctor now dealing with the pain issue, an appt. next month at Stanford to check in with Dr. Payne, and considering seeing someone in Portland for DMSO2. Basically, I am running my own show and consulting with whoever I can that I think can help. My claim is now only till March 16. Thanks for any info.

  • #2
    Did you call ssd and ask what info you needed to provide to be able to do this? I think thats were I would start..
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'


    • #3
      Yes, you can change dr's but you must notify your SS office by phone ASAP and I think you also have to do it in writting. They will need to know how to get ahold of him.

      wishing you the very very best blink
      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".


      • #4
        Thanks for the replies, gals, and duh, I guess calling the state disab. office was the obvious answer to my question! I think that sometimes with this disease, it's so nice to know I'm not alone that I post here before thinking what to do on my own!