No announcement yet.

He's leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, yep all the ladies are right! And I am with Poetgirl, maybe he had a opportunity come up that he just couldn't refuse career-wise etc. And maybe he couldn't really talk about it to patients, due to a policy at work etc - or some bad blood about his leaving etc. I really doubt he was leaving because of you, so please please please don't think of it in that way. i also agree, even if there was nothing else, he treated you respectfully and pleasantly - regardless of feelings, he felt you were a person to be treated that way, we aren't usually nice to people - I should say go out of our way to be nice to people who don't somehow seem worthy of it, and he obviously thought you deserved it. Does that make sense? I wouldn't blame him or be angry that he didn't tell me - there just may be something going on that I wasn't aware of etc....

And I had a stylist do the same thing to me! And we too were friends! I called to make an appt with Bev and they said, sorry she moved. HUH?? I mean moved right out of town! Her and her hubby had been split, and she decided to try to make it work and moved to where he was. Even crazier is it was HER salon!

Yeah, I met my husband while I was still married (shhhhhh ), but seriously he was the brother of my best friend's boyfriend. I NEVER in a million years thought I would one day be married to that boy!!!!! Weird how life works...but I guess it has it's ways for things!!! Chin up! That's an order!
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

I don't think he is leaving because of me. I have joked with some who left the uro's office that they couldn't take me anymore. All my complaining drove them away. Used to joke with the nurses in the beginning of the heparin when they took turns doing it. (This was before Uro started doing it). TOld them they had to keep passing me back and forth for the state of their nerves couldn't take me 2 weeks in a row. It does make sense what you said Tracey. Maybe I am just overly sensitive because of everything that has happened and is happening. Still can't get out of this crying weird state of mind but it just takes time. Everybody seems to be leaving at my Uro's and I just don't like it or can handle really.

Comment

waterflow,

good to know I'm not the only one posting on here about my love life (or lack thereof). The ladies on here had some good advice for me, and have good advice for you too.

Hope you don't mind taking dating advice from a 20 year old girl, but...

Internet dating can be fun. Nothing might come of it, and you might meet a ton of weirdos, but as long as you stay safe (ex only meet in public places, bring along a friend etc.) it can be fun. I've actually got a good friend who met her boyfriend over the internet (of course that is not the official story though), they've been going over a year strong.

Don't worry about having only gone on one date. I sometimes get uncomfortable too when a guy asks me about my dating/sexual history. Truth is I'm a virgin, and only had one real boyfriend and that was back in high school. I don't care what anyone thinks of that. If a guy looses interest after hearing that, then he wasn't right for me anyway.

You sound a lot like a (male) friend of mine. He's in his mid twenties, but comes from a conservative religious background. All his friends that are his age age married with babies, and he can't even get a date. Sure he's a bit on the short side and a little thin on top, but he's not too bad on the eyes. His problem is that he wants a girlfriend (wife?) too badly, and flubbers up everytime he is around a girl. I used to do this a lot too. I'm around a guy and I turn into a stutterer and say the stupidest things. So I still do this a bit, but I'm getting better. My secret has been to go out in mixed-sex groups. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable around men. Once I stopped seeing "the man" as some kind of weird foreign sex object, and rather as another huma being, things were so much easier.

If you have any single friends or accquainances, maybe you could suggest a group outing, where they bring along some men if they know of some. Anything works...bowling, pool, even coffee, amusement park etc.

Last night a big group of us went to Dave and Busters. It's like an indoor carnival. I don't know if you guys have it where you live, but it's a lot of fun! We all ended up splitting off into smaller groups, and I spent most of the night with one guy I had just met. Was I interested in him? Not really, but I still had a blast (I didn't even go to the bathroom once in nearly 4 hrs!).

And now I have really written way too much!

In any case, good luck with the men situation, and remember to have fun

~*miz_sunshine87*~
        19 y/o student, salesperson, fashionista, future high school teacher. <3 to sing and travel. Dream job= cruise ship entertainer
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My IC story- diagnosed at age 15 (Feb 2004), after approx. 6 mos of symptoms. Went into near complete remission following hydrodistention and introduction of meds. Feeling so good that I started skipping meds (bad idea). 1 week flare (May 2006). New flare November 2006-present.
        My triggers- I'm not sure about food triggers, just started IC diet but so far doesn't seem to be doing much. Stress is a big trigger for me though. Both flares this year came during stressful times. I think that stress reduction will help me immensely (last flare went AWAY during vacation in Mexico when I was drinking margaritas like they were water;P).
        Start of IC symptoms- Summer 2003 (after a UTI)
        Dx- February 2004, after hydrodistension (ouch!)

Current treatments- Amytriptyline (25mg), Hydroxizine (25mg), MSM w/Glucosamine (1000mg,3x/day), quercetin (500mg, 2x/day), trying to stick to IC diet, prelief as needed.

Previous treatments- Amytriptyline (10mg), Hydroxizine (10mg), Alesse (HBC)

Comment

Oh good - I am so glad to hear that you don't think it's anything you did, whew!!

And hey, sometimes we are all overly-sensitive to things happening arounds us and to us. I know sometimes I can read WAAAAAAY to much into something and make myself miserable, just to find out it wasn't the way I'd colored it at all. Sometimes I swear it's a girl thing! LOL Most of my girlfriends have admitted doing the same things at some point or another. And it's most worst when we are at our "most vulnerable" - either feeling off, punky, hormonal (lol) etc.

You sound a lot like me - I hate change. My husband teases me about it all the time, but it really bums me out. Especially when I was liking the way things were humming along and then all of a sudden a left turn out of nowhere. His attitude is "oh well, what are you going to do about it, there's nothing you can do, so go with the flow". Well, yeah, I get to that point eventually, but I still end up mourning the way something used to be and mad because it's changing, lol.

Do keep your chin up though, someone might want to see your eyes!
          Hugs,
          Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
          IC dx'd Nov 2004
          Possible IBS
          Current IC Meds
          Previous IC Meds taken:
          Others:
          Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
          Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
          Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
          Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

miz_sunshine87,The word virgin seems to be a bad thing now. When people find out about me still being one they say I am a freak or something mentally wrong. I have no friends now and I can’t take crowds or people being near me. Has been getting worse too. Getting hard going to Uro’s since it is always crowded now for some reason. When you go to get together I am the one holding up the wall. If not for people like me the buildings would not be standing. You’re young and just starting out. I’m 42 and for me pretty much just putting my time in. Plus I just don’t have the nerve to start it. The guy has to be the one to make the first move. Thanks for the suggestions. They are good ones.

Tracey, I can take things the wrong way too and get so bummed out. Maybe a hormone problem? Wish I could think like your husband. Maybe he can give some lessons to people. Or write a "how to book".

Comment

ya know waterflow,you can be very shy but still do internet dating.its actually probably a good way for you to try and meet people.i always felt much more at ease (when i was single)to do the internet dating thing.that way your not face to face,and not even talking on the phone.you type to us all day and i think you have an absolutely wonderful and funny personality.its the same thing,you can get to know people and then when you feel comfortable enough with someone,then call them,and so on and so on!i think you should give it a shot girl.what have you got to lose.

Comment

Ya know Mary, I wish I knew why I do it too. Husband says I always take things too personally, when sometimes it's totally not. And I am not the type to get mad, I get sad and upset, lol. Here's prime example - and this goes back to highschool, lol: I was in choir and had been for years, same choral director followed us from Junior High, to highschool etc. So, one day, yes I am talking when I shouldn't have been and she called me on it - my feelings were SO hurt! LOL I felt like she didn't like me anymore! LOL I can look back on it now, and realize I shouldn't have been talking, lol. But I was so upset by it - took it personally. ugh. And of course I happen to be married to the KING of moodiness, geesh - so you can imagine what it's like around here for me!! LMAO!!!! If he's mad at something else (say he's fixing something etc), I think I did something wrong, I too wish I could be like him and let it roll off my back, according to him he has to work on it, lol.

Ok, gotta get all Dr Phil on ya here, lol. As for letting them make the first move - how's that working for ya? LOL Just teasing of course, I just couldn't help myself!!! But, seriously, I think you have nothing to lose, worse someone can say is no, right? (if there is more than no, just let it sound like buzz buzz buzz, lol) You have the best sense of humor, good grief, you manage to always make someone around here smile!!!!!!! My problem was, I had a zillion guy friends, but I had no idea how to be towards one I may have had a crush on. Why couldn't I just treat them like my guy buddies? I don't get it. To me that's what I should have done, instead of approaching it as a potential "love interest" look to it as making a friend first. Totally takes the pressure off I think.

Eh, just don't beat yourself up about it, k? Seriously, I will type and type and type as long as I have to until you are convinced as Loreal` would say "you're worth it!"
                Hugs,
                Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                IC dx'd Nov 2004
                Possible IBS
                Current IC Meds
                Previous IC Meds taken: