Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traceann
    replied
    Nope I had no troubles with it at all. Overall it seemed to help everything out, as I said and the constipation that also came along with the ditro! I was taking just fiber tabs at first, and that sort of worked - but when I added in the flaxseed, things were "normal" once again, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Traceann, did you ever get cramps from taking flaxseed oil capsules. I did not know this could help with dry mouth and stuff. That would be great.

Trishann

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Let me tell you, it helped out EVERYTHING that the ditro dried out, lol. It took a week or so on it regularly - I think I took 2-3 a day, but wow. I even told my surgeons Phys Assitant about it (when she was doing my intial appt for my colonoscopy a couple years ago), and she's also the Phys Assistant for the uro in the same office and she was thankful to have something to tell some of her patients (especially some elderly ones) who were having a really hard time tolerating the dry mouth etc ete etc. Even helped my contacts be comfortable again! YAY! LOL For me personally it made so much of a difference, I wouldn't do without them if I ever take a drying med again!!!

I bought mine at Rite Aid, seems like I could get them at Kmart/Walmart as well, and yep in the vitamin/supplement section.

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    Really? Sounds silly, but I just thought I'd have to live with it. Do the flaxseed oil capsules help with dry mouth? I've used Biotene in the past for that, but mostly just gotten used to it. Oh, and do I find flaxseed oil just about anywhere I find vitamins?

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh Ditropan is an evil evil dryer-outer! LOL Taking the Flaxseed oil caps really really helped me out immensely when I was on it!!! It was a miracle, lol.

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    I don't know if Elmiron is part of the problem either. I wonder about Ditropan since it dries my mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Sandy, they are like calgon beads kind of but they are in a see through jar. You can find them at Wal-mart.

Jilly, I take other medicine that does dry you out, so I really don't know if Elmiron is part of the problem too. Maybe someone else will know.

Trishann

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    You mean like the Calgon bath beads, or those little melty things you drop in your tub and eventually they spread out the oils, beads, etc? I really don't like either one, I'm spoiled with all the other stuff. I should mention the bath salts I buy are Village Naturals, cheap cheap cheap, and they smell great. Walmart sells several different scents. They make ME soft, but don't make Tom go sliding next time he steps into the tub!

Can you tell this is my obsession? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Has anyone try those bath beads? They have lavender and all different kinds.
    I have been leary to try it and I heard it can mess up your tub. I just wonder is this true or not.

Trishann

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Hey Carolyn, lol you bet - will let ya know when the first products come out! LMAO!!! And I think I am going to steal your safflower oil idea - my kitty loves to sleep in front of the heat register in one of the closets, but that in turn dries out her skin, and she "scratches" - by pulling out fur, lol, so every winter she has a lovely little bald spot on her side, geesh! But that sounds like a great idea to help her out! Thanks!!

April - those have to be my favorite scents mixed together! I used to "mix my own" out of my favorite vanilla body spray and my favorite lavender - I'd just layer them - lovely! So, thanks for the tip, I do believe a trip to the B&B site is in order....lol....

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Hey L Thomas and Tracey, let us know when you go into business!

Everyone in my house, including the dogs, is suffering from dry skin right now. Jen, you've inspired me. I'm going to treat myself to some of those Bath & Body Works products. It's been ages since I've had anything but the most utilitarian soaps and moisturizers. No wonder I'm depressed!

BTW, we've started putting a teaspoon of safflower oil on top of the dogs' dinner every day; it is a huge source of vitamin E, and that seems to solve the problem for them, at least!

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    There's also the pillow spray that brings that relaxing scent to help you sleep.
    Maggie

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    Speaking of relaxing....

Bath and Body Works has Lavendar and Vanilla lotion, body wash, etc. It is wonderful stuff. Haven't tried the stuff for the bath as haven't been able to take one lately but the body wash is wonderful. I use it in the shower at night right before bed and I sleep like a baby. The lotion is great too - also wonderful to use as a massage lotion. After a really bad day sweetie uses that to give me a back rub and I relax immediately!! Heaven in a bottle!!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh I love baths too Sandy! I make my own lavender bathsalt, yummy. It's so relaxing! And hubby wonders why I shut and lock the door...lol... MY TIME!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I just bought this stuff made by Suave at the grocery store. It's called "exhale" Lime Verbena. OMG It smells wonderful. Just a drop or two on the bath poof and you have a huge lather. The way my sinuses have been so screwy lately, it HAS to have a great strong scent or I couldn't smell it.

Once a month I go to Walmart or Target (or BOTH) and splurge on all these bath products, soaps, soaks, sea salts, etc. Refill my stock! I am not really all that sensitive to bath scents or perfumes, so I seem to do ok if I add bath salts every few days to my water. I mentioned the bodycology stuff and that makes a great foaming bath. It doesn't bother the hooha (like my word? LOL) at all, no rashes, no VV, no PFD or infection problems.

I don't know what I would do without my baths. It's the only time I get to be totally alone with my book, candles and great smelling water. Plus it helps me to feel somewhat human again and I can face the family and house for a few hours and be totally relaxed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X