No announcement yet.

Dry skin relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone try those bath beads? They have lavender and all different kinds.
    I have been leary to try it and I heard it can mess up your tub. I just wonder is this true or not.

Trishann

Comment

You mean like the Calgon bath beads, or those little melty things you drop in your tub and eventually they spread out the oils, beads, etc? I really don't like either one, I'm spoiled with all the other stuff. I should mention the bath salts I buy are Village Naturals, cheap cheap cheap, and they smell great. Walmart sells several different scents. They make ME soft, but don't make Tom go sliding next time he steps into the tub!

Can you tell this is my obsession? LOL
      *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
      *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
      *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Sandy, they are like calgon beads kind of but they are in a see through jar. You can find them at Wal-mart.

Jilly, I take other medicine that does dry you out, so I really don't know if Elmiron is part of the problem too. Maybe someone else will know.

Trishann

Comment

I don't know if Elmiron is part of the problem either. I wonder about Ditropan since it dries my mouth.
          ~ Stacey

Comment

Oh Ditropan is an evil evil dryer-outer! LOL Taking the Flaxseed oil caps really really helped me out immensely when I was on it!!! It was a miracle, lol.
            Hugs,
            Tracey
            How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
            http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
            IC dx'd Nov 2004
            Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
            Possible IBS
            Current IC Meds
            Vistaril 25mg in the evening
            Previous IC Meds taken:
            Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
            Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
            Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
            Others:
            Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
            Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
            Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
            Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Really? Sounds silly, but I just thought I'd have to live with it. Do the flaxseed oil capsules help with dry mouth? I've used Biotene in the past for that, but mostly just gotten used to it. Oh, and do I find flaxseed oil just about anywhere I find vitamins?
              ~ Stacey

Comment

Let me tell you, it helped out EVERYTHING that the ditro dried out, lol. It took a week or so on it regularly - I think I took 2-3 a day, but wow. I even told my surgeons Phys Assitant about it (when she was doing my intial appt for my colonoscopy a couple years ago), and she's also the Phys Assistant for the uro in the same office and she was thankful to have something to tell some of her patients (especially some elderly ones) who were having a really hard time tolerating the dry mouth etc ete etc. Even helped my contacts be comfortable again! YAY! LOL For me personally it made so much of a difference, I wouldn't do without them if I ever take a drying med again!!!

I bought mine at Rite Aid, seems like I could get them at Kmart/Walmart as well, and yep in the vitamin/supplement section.
                Hugs,
                Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                IC dx'd Nov 2004
                Possible IBS
                Current IC Meds
                Previous IC Meds taken:
                Others:

Comment

Traceann, did you ever get cramps from taking flaxseed oil capsules. I did not know this could help with dry mouth and stuff. That would be great.

Trishann

Comment

Nope I had no troubles with it at all. Overall it seemed to help everything out, as I said and the constipation that also came along with the ditro! I was taking just fiber tabs at first, and that sort of worked - but when I added in the flaxseed, things were "normal" once again, lol.
                    Hugs,
                    Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                    IC dx'd Nov 2004
                    Possible IBS
                    Current IC Meds
                    Previous IC Meds taken:
                    Others:

Comment

Oh my gosh. That sounds wonderful! I will have to stop by Wal-Mart sometime this week and pick some up. We need a few groceries anyway. My contacts have been much drier, but about the same time I started Ditropan I also started different birth control and thought that was it. I've just gotten used to taking them out by about 7 p.m. everyday. Thanks so much for the tip! (Must mention, yet again, how much I love the helpfulness on these boards!)
                      ~ Stacey

Comment

My eye Dr. actually suggested taking Flax seed oil for dry eyes. When I tried to find info about flax seed oil and dry eyes I couldn't find anything however I did find that it is good for endometriosis which I also have. I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe and take it twice a day.

Comment

I will definitely try some. Does it have any sort of potential for affecting other meds? Along with bladder meds, I'm on a low-dose antibiotic, birth control pills and high blood pressure medicine.
                          ~ Stacey

Comment

All of my doc's have said no problem with my other meds, but you might want to just give a call and see what they think. I did that with my mom when she was on this drying med, just to be safe. Figured I might as well call, it can't hurt!
                            Hugs,
                            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                            IC dx'd Nov 2004
                            Possible IBS
                            Current IC Meds
                            Previous IC Meds taken:
                            Others:

Comment

Traceann, do you remember how many (mg.) you took a day on the flaxseed oil.

Hugs, Trishann

Comment

Yikes, off the top of my head no, but I will have a look as I have a bottle around. I will check and then post back what I discover, lol!!
                                Hugs,
                                Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                                IC dx'd Nov 2004
                                Possible IBS
                                Current IC Meds
                                Previous IC Meds taken:
                                Others: