Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traceann
    replied
    LOL, I am never without mine, when I go - it's tossed in my purse to go with me! It's nuts because I have a million hand creams around, thinking I could find a substitute for it, but, nope.

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    I'll have to try the Aveda hand relief. Between washing my hands after so many bathroom breaks, the cold weather, being paranoid about germs, etc., my hands are super dry. I lotion them sometimes three or four times a day and they're still dry!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Jergen's also has a Shea Butter lotion/cream that I got for my mom for Christmas - that stuff is great! And the shea butter is like the first ingredient listed...

For my hands, I use Aveda Hand Relief. That stuff is wonderful! My mom-in-law is the one who got me hooked on it, the first Christmas I ever went down there with hubby before we were married. Between the weather and the Ditropan, my hands were just awful looking! They looked shriveled - I had deep grooves running the length of my fingers, well, kind of how your fingers look all bath pruny, lol. That stuff was amazing in helping to combat that, so now it's all I use.

Leave a comment:

• kuntrygurl78
    replied
    Im addicted to H2O products. Ive been using them for years. www.h20plus.com is their website. I have also found the products at Bergners.

They use natural ingredients that are water and natural ingredient based. I use the scent Raspberry Guava. I use the lotion and the soap. My mom is loves their stuff too. I always buy her a bunch for holidays. They also have a line of facial products and spa products. They also have this cashwear robe that Im dying to get. It was one of Oprah's favorite things a few years ago. Its $120 so its low on my list of priorities, but high on my list of wants.

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Lately, I have been using Lubriderm Moisturizing Lotion with Shea and Cocoa butters in it. I can't sleep because my skin itch because of dryness, so I rub this lotion on, it works for me, no itching. I was worry about putting this lotion on me because my skin is so sensitive, but this is hypoallergenic, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

But when you do take a bath, the lotion does make the tub alittle slippery.

Trishann

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    This thread was just what the doctor ordered. This weather has been so dry. Besides the dry skin, the static on everything is driving me crazy! My fingers are so dry they are cracking on the side of the nails. I had one finger so tender today and I had to play the piano at church. Ouch - some notes didn't come out so well.
    I miss a foamy bath so if the bodycology works I will be in heaven. THanks Sandy

Leave a comment:

• Billsbaby
    replied
    l.thomas,could you give me the ingredients for your sea scrub?if you don't want to i understand,if not i would really like to buy some from you,it sounds wonderful,my hubby always has flaky skin it is soooooooo dry all the time and mix that with ultra sensitive,eczema,he can barely use anything.we have yet to find anything that actually takes the flaky skin away.the olay regenerist moisturizer keeps him moisturized without breaking out ,but he still always has crusty skin in places(yuk,i know).so i would be really interested to see if this works.i guess i just always assumed scrubs would make him break out because of how sensitive his skin is,but you said this is good for sensitive.sorry so long and boring!!!!!!! let me know.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Oh that sounds lovely Jen! I must look for it the next time I run out (most likely BEFORE, lol) of body wash! I am liking the Dove "Nights" something or other right now.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I love the in-shower moisturizers. The Olay one did turn my bathtub into a skating rink, like Sandy said (sorry to borrow your analogy, but it was great ). I now use these products from Bath and Body Works "Breathe" line... there are super moisturizing shower gels and also in-shower body lotions. I find these in-shower lotions don't slip up the tub as much but still work well! I like the "Comfort" and "Romance" scents the best & order them online at http://www.bathandbodyworks.com.

I also recently found another nice body wash -- it's Caress Exotic Oils Morroccan scent. It smells kinda spicy but clean at the same time, and it is basically a creamed body oil. Works great!!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    That's funny, I haven't been able to locate it lately either in my stores, but I was just going replenish my supply at drugstore.com, lol.

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    I've not tried oil before. That would be good, too. I love the in-shower lotion. I have that Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner thing. It seems to keep the shower from getting too slippery.

I got my in-shower lotion at Wal-Mart with the bath and shower gels. It wasn't with the Olay products that are near make-up (like facial cloths - which I also love!). But, instead with the soap. I got the formula for extra dry skin. I also like that it's not very scented.

Leave a comment:

• Billsbaby
    replied
    wow,awesome ideas.i would like to buy some of that sea salt stuff you make,lol!!! i agree with you too donna,i love that oil too,i've used it a few times.i am always trying new things everytime i go to the grocery store.thats like my little treat for going grocery shopping,along with candles,gotta have the candles!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I use Neutrogena after bath oil. I step out of the shower to a bath mat, then put the body oil on before I dry myself. I really prefer it to anything else.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ads
    replied
    Sometimes it is hard to find what location the stores put it in. Because it is an in between product being that it is used in the shower. I usually find it at Target with the liquid soaps, but other stores will have it in other locations. I have bought it both at Target and Walmart, but they may be out due to the weather. Walgreens also carries it, but cost more there.

ads

Originally posted by octoberfarm
    Traceann,

I looked for the Oil Of Olay shower lotion at Wal-Mart and Target and could not find it. Where do you buy it?

Leave a comment:

• ads
    replied
    Great Product!

On Oil of Olay website it is officially called "Olay Ultra Moisture In-shower Body Lotion". It is a product you put on in the shower then rinse off. It has been a lifesaver for my constantly dry itching legs!!! It is one of my favorite beauty products and I hope they don't stop making it. I think some of our medications can dry our skin out, and my skin was dry before so what a disaster. I went thru 1 1/2 years of trying different products that didn't work, and then came across this one. Actually, I don't rinse it off, then put on my PJ pants to make it an extra powerful treatment.

I know some IC patient have sensitivities, so if go to the Olay website they have the ingredients listed online and you also have the option of an online consultation. Keep the combo beauty/health tips coming! Thank you for sharing.

ads

Leave a comment:

Working...
X