Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stacey79
    replied
    Awesome! I'm going to start taking the flaxseed oil this week. I got a bit derailed with a sick husband, etc. I was telling my mom about it, too.

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    An update: I started taking flaxseed oil capsules (1000 mg, twice a day) for dry mouth and they've helped quite a lot. I gave a bottle to a friend who has the same problem, so I hope it works for her.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    You sound like me, lol. I never know sometimes how long my body will take to adjust to anything, so I like to wait and try things when I know that if it goes bad, I am home with no worries!! Do keep us posted!!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Tracey, this weekend and next week will be kind of busy so I am waiting to try the flaxseed oil the follow week. I want to make sure I'm home trying out something new. Sometimes new things don't agree with me. But I will let you know what happens once I start take it. I am hoping it will be a success for me too.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    LOL, you sound like me - I hate swallowing pills! And those were a bit off-putting, but well worth it!!

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    I just bought 2 bottles of flaxseed oil capsules (buy one, get one free - such a deal!) because I'm also dealing with a slightly dry mouth. These capsules are 1000 mg and BIG, which I found to be a tiny bit alarming. I couldn't even swallow an aspirin until I was 15, but I've been choking down so many pills in the last couple of decades that the flaxseed oil capsule just slipped right down. I'm going to try 2 a day for about a week and see if I notice any difference.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Yup, me too that was the amount I took in a tab, and I took them 3x's a day.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Thank you, I have a bottle of flaxseed oil with 1000mg. and I just wonder if that was to much. Thank you for responding. I probably will work up with taking it 3 times a day to make sure I will be ok with it.

Thank you again, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• HGC
    replied
    I take 1000mg twice a day and I think the bottle says you can take 3 a day.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Yikes, off the top of my head no, but I will have a look as I have a bottle around. I will check and then post back what I discover, lol!!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Traceann, do you remember how many (mg.) you took a day on the flaxseed oil.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    All of my doc's have said no problem with my other meds, but you might want to just give a call and see what they think. I did that with my mom when she was on this drying med, just to be safe. Figured I might as well call, it can't hurt!

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    I will definitely try some. Does it have any sort of potential for affecting other meds? Along with bladder meds, I'm on a low-dose antibiotic, birth control pills and high blood pressure medicine.

Leave a comment:

• HGC
    replied
    My eye Dr. actually suggested taking Flax seed oil for dry eyes. When I tried to find info about flax seed oil and dry eyes I couldn't find anything however I did find that it is good for endometriosis which I also have. I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe and take it twice a day.

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    Oh my gosh. That sounds wonderful! I will have to stop by Wal-Mart sometime this week and pick some up. We need a few groceries anyway. My contacts have been much drier, but about the same time I started Ditropan I also started different birth control and thought that was it. I've just gotten used to taking them out by about 7 p.m. everyday. Thanks so much for the tip! (Must mention, yet again, how much I love the helpfulness on these boards!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X