Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I'm glad to hear that is livable if you have a cosmetology school in your area, you could go there, the teachers make sure things are done right, and it will be less then half the cost.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    Yeah, so the red/purple still shows through, but not quite as bad. The dark color helped to blend it into my hair a little better at least. Mike says it looks like I'm a goth chic, I guess that's hot. Guess I'll just have to wait for it to fade and then go to a PROFESSONAL to get it redone. Just not ment to have the black with red chunks and have it turn out good I guess!

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    Oh, my! What a situation! Some people can pull off those strange hair colors. I hope it all works out for you. Never had the experience so I can't help any.

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Hope you get the color right the second time. Was it a store bought coloring kit?

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Keeping my fingers crossed that your hair turned out looking okay!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    how did the hair color work?

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    DO keep us posted!! LOL Feels like we are all on "Hair Watch" now, lol.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    Well, I'm in the process right now of trying to dye it back dark brown. Hoping it takes, I can still see a little red peaking through. Guess I'll know for sure in 30mins!!!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I have red hair, so bleachin it blonde it really difficult for some reason. you have to make sure you strip all ther red out.. and never, never use any type of color that has a green base.. if you do, you will have a lovely color shade of green......

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    I once tried a hair color that turned my hair fire engine red! Honest to god, true story. DH ran to the drugstore to get hair color removed and a box of my regular color. Bless his soul. It could have been scary.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    you need to get some 20 volume cream peroxide from a beauty store. put it one your hair that was frosted, let it set for 15 or 20 minutes, this will open the cuticle to absorb another color. DO NOT RINSE, Then you will put the color in that you want to use. You will have to get a color that is the same as your hair or darker. other then that you will have to strip your hair with color remover. I do not suggest that it is worse then bleach and your hair will be straw.. (if it is of any help I was a licensed cosmetologist and teacher b4 IC)
    good luck

another option is to use the color with out the peroxide only on hair you want to cover. this will stain it. the problem with that is it is not a sure thing once you wash it.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    When I first started coloring my hair a handful of years ago, (I'm suppose to be a 'dirty blonde'; anyway, wanted to be a redheaded-- turned out bright orange!!! we (my sister and I) somehow got it to be red after making 2 trips to the store for I don't know what colors- anyway, it did work out, and I've gotten so many compliments now, that it stays one shade of red or another.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    LOL, purple seems to be the "in" color to try at some point, doesn't it? Yep, I once use the stuff called, "Fanci-Ful" or something like that... Oh wow, that was years ago after a botched salon highlight job, they didn't have the stays-for-28-shampoos stuff back then, lol, and it worked great...

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    There's some stuff called Roux or something like that, which is a wash-out thing like Tracey mentioned. It's not permanent and shouldn't harm your hair. I used it when I let my dyed hair grow out and it looked just fine while I was growing. Good luck!

Donna

P.S. I had purple hair one time!

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Hey Leah, that's why I chose the temporary stuff - nothing to hurt the hair, and it actually helped condition the straw I had created, lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X