Keep Hoping for a "CURE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Hoping for a "CURE"

Wow! So I was just sitting here reading some of my old journal writings, and I can't believe the low, scary place I was in just 6mos ago, or even scarier a year and a half ago. I really want everyone to know that you can't lose hope. Things will get better eventually. Life does not end because you have IC. The things I wrote were so full of angst and fustration, and worst of all I can't believe how many times I wrote that I was "just ready for this life to be over". I was in a REALLY bad place there for awhile, I thought that I would never get better, never have a life, and never have fun again. I still get kinda down when I'm having a bad flare and its keeping me from doing something, but not like I was before. I'm just so grateful that I found this site, and that I stuck with my uro and sought out every treatment I could. I spent a lot of appointments in her office crying b/c I just knew this next thing wasn't going to work, but finally one did, and I hope that it keeps working; but if it doesn't I hope that I never go back to that dark place, b/c they're coming out with new ideas and treatments all the time and I'm certain that one day there will be something out there that will help all of us. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU ALL! You've all been the best counseling I could have ever hoped for. I hope that anyone who's experiencing those nasty feelings will come on here and talk with all of us, we've all had our bad days, but they do get better.

Wonderful post. I know it will help give others hope.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Working...
    X