• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Trishann
    ICN Member

• Trishann
    replied
    I am so sorry too. I agree that he knew that you loved him.

Sending plenty of hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm so sorry. I think he must have known you loved him.

Sending gentle hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    ICN Member

• SrMaggie
    replied
    When we are accepted by others, I think we intuitively know that we have been loved. I'm sure he knew it.

Leave a comment:

• Annie2
    ICN Member

• Annie2
    replied
    Oh, Carrie, I am so very sorry for your loss! Prayers being said for you and all of the family.

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    ICN Member

• dg2901
    replied
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

May you find peace from those around you.
    Diana

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    ICN Member

• Berkshire Road
    started a topic My Cousin Kenny

My Cousin Kenny

My Cousin Kenny was six months younger than me; we were the two youngest in a group of 14 cousins, with the next youngest being four years older. He hated that I was "older" than he was; and up until the age of 11 or so, he would always check, every time he saw me, as if he thought eventually maybe he would get to be the "older" cousin.

My Cousin Kenny used to play with me and scare me out of my wits in my grandparents' enormous, gloomy attic. He taught me to dring whiskey sours when we were way too young! He always had a one-liner ready; he kept us all laughing. He begged me to please do less well in school, because his mother was always after him, "Why can't you be like Carrie and get straight A's? You'll be the death of me, Kennny!"

My Cousin Kenny had a wild adolescence, got over it, and settled down with the most boring, staid woman we had ever met. They produced three children very quickly; the youngest is 1 year old. My Cousin Kenny turned out to be a wonderful father, a deeply committed family man. My Cousin Kenny was full of surprises.

My Cousin Kenny died today from a heart attack at the age of 40.

I loved my Cousin Kenny and I don't think I ever told him so.

Goodbye, Kenny.
Working...
X