Clear All

• topcop229
    replied
    Carolyn,
    I am so very sorry for your loss.

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    I can understand the tradition bringing comfort. I feel the same way about the traditions in my Church also. It is a beautiful thing to know that you are participating in the same traditions as our ancestors and saints. I pray that you and your family will recieve special blessings and comfort from God.
    Take care

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Octoberfarm -- Thank you for what you said about the kadish (daily prayer) tradition. It is a beautiful tradition, but hard. They will have to attend a 6 am service every single day for 366 days. But they will still take great comfort in it, knowing that they are doing exactly the same thing their ancestors have done for 6,000 years, and that someday someone will do the same for them.

Yesterday was the funeral, and I am physically and emotionally exhausted today. So terrible when someone young dies.

Leave a comment:

• tabasco32
    replied
    your cousin kenny sounded like a real fun loving man. God loves kenny and will take real good care of him in heaven.

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    I am sorry I did not see this until now. Many prayers for your family during this trying time. I think he knew you loved him as well.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    So Sorry

Carolyn,

I will be sending some healing thoughts your way! I am sorry to hear about your cousin.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    (((((hugs)))))))) so sorry to hear of your loss. sending hugs to you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    That is such a beautiful tradition

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts. The funeral is tomorrow -- Wednesday. I am still having trouble believing that he's gone.

My husband is away on a business trip, so my sister offered to come and pick me up -- way out of her way -- and drive me there and back, so I would be able to take whatever meds I need to get me through the day without worrying. Isn't that sweet?

I appreciate all your condolences, support, and offers of prayers. In the Jewish tradition, Kenny's father and brothers will say special prayers for him in the synagogue, every morning for a year and a day. But my feeling is, 'extra' prayers can never be wasted. So thank you all.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    That was very sweet what you wrote about your cousin. So sorry to hear. Take care.

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I'm really sorry I didn't see this til just now. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I agree with the others: I'm sure he knew how you felt about him. I hope you'll be able to teach his children how special their father was.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I am so sorry for the loss of your cousin. It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship, and that he will live on in the memories you have of him in your heart. I am certain he knew how you loved him....

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    I am so sorry about the loss of your cousin. I have several cousins that I am very close to also. I am closer to a few than I am my siblings. I cant imagine losing them. I will definately keep you and your family in my prayers. Hugs, Amy

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    I am sorry about the loss of your cousin. I will keep you and your family in my prayers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X