SO annoyed with my doctor's office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO annoyed with my doctor's office

I am so mad. I called 3 times between Friday and yesterday and finally got a return phone call from some woman I've never heard of before. She FINALLY called in the prednisone, but of course I'm down to 5mg a day and not so sure I want to start all over on it. We'll see...it's at the drug store if I want it now.

They STILL don't have a rheumatology appt for me because, "the doctor's office hasn't called us back"...well GEE, ya think you might call them BACK and see what the holdup is?

Also, she had no idea what LABS I was asking about when I asked for my lab results. She had no idea I'd had a sinus CT on Monday...I'm so annoyed. I WANT my labs, I WANT my appointment, and I WANT to know whats wrong with my sinuses. They hurt...a lot!

I'm hurting more, my period is about 7 days late now and I'm really upset that since my doc's old nurse left his office is falling apart and I'm paying the price for it. If I don't hear from them by about 10 am tomorrow morning I'm calling the office manager to get some results out of this office.

::::sigh::::
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

That is so frustrating!!! I don't understand why they can't get their act together???? Hang in there!!
    Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

Oh Sandy,
      Dont you hate that when doctors offices are so unorginized...I know I do....Well hope you get your results soon...
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to add......

It always amazes me how fast they can collect their fees but can't get test results , etc. back to the patients in a timely manner.
        Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

octoberfarm -- you are so right on the money with that one! The billing department ALWAYS has it together; they are so organized they can bill you before you even go for your appointment, practically -- yet rest of the practice can be falling apart around them.

Sandy, I hope you can get some answers tomorrow when you call. This is getting crazy...
          Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
          *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
          *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
          *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Oh yes, they get their money on time. They double and triple check to make sure I don't have to pay a copay each time I come.

I'm starting to imagine things like sinus cancers and stuff...it's WAY past time to let me know what this is up in my nose. It's so painful today I can't see well out of my right eye. I think the prednisone actually helped a little bit, but now I'm back on a really low dose, it's really starting to hurt up there again. Time for the heat pack on my face again!

I really do love my doctor...he's so kind and nice, never questions me, gives me what I want when I want it medication wise, fills my narcotic pain meds when my pain mgmt doctor goes out of town, and takes great care of my oldest son too. If he wasn't so great I'd be tempted to leave him just because of the crappy people he's got working for him now.
            *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Sandy, I dont blame you for being peeved. It is very irritating the way the treat patients with such a lack of professionalism with things like this. Then, to top it off, they act like you are bothering them, when you have to keep calling back, when if they had it together when they initially told you they would, you wouldnt have to call back!! GRRR!!!

Hang in there though! Hopefully you will get it tomorrow, (one way or another.)

Sending you hugs of support,
              Amy

Comment

Have you considered telling your doc that you love him, but his staff is not working with you? That's just ridiculous that they can't get their act together especially when you're hurting and just waiting by the phone to get answers. Half the time my uro doesn't even get the messages I leave for her. I just keep calling, figure sooner or later they'll get tired of me and tell her!

Comment

I'm so mad at my new uro/gyne. He's made me wait a whole month to have to come back for a " 5 minute" scoping!!!

Comment

I'm going to let him know tomorrow morning what a hard time I'm having with these new people. He knows how badly my sinuses have been, and I'm sure he'd be really mad if he knew. Like I said, if I have to call tomorrow I'll be talking to the office manager and nobody else. I have made friends with the girls behind the desk, but they're not allowed to tell me anything. I have vented to them a time or two though.

Wish me luck tomorrow......as soon as I know what in the world is going on I'll post it.

Comment

So sorry, Sandy. Like you don't have enough to deal with... That is the worst thing, when you like your doctor but can't deal with the staff. Are they power-crazed, or just stupid (I've encountered both types)?

Sending you all my sympathy, and as much calmness as I can muster.
                      Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                      Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Sandy,
                        You know how I feel about these chuckleheads. GRRRRR!

Hugs,
                        Barb
                        (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
                        :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
                        :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
                        I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
                        PCOS 7/85
                        RSD 7/94 :headbang:
                        Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
                        Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
                        Kidney stones--too many to count
                        Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
                        IC 6/03 :evilsmile
                        Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
                        "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
                        "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

(((Sandy)))

Big hugs to you!!!!!
                          Tons of support,
                          Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

so sorry you are going thru this with the doctors office.. Do you need me to call and get you an answer.. I could use a well needed vent.
                            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
                            X