Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICLori
    replied
    Thank you, everyone! I really do love it when the IV goes in without too much pain, and without blown veins.

I have always preferred to take a pain med, rather than experience pain, when given a choice. I know my husband thinks it's virtuous just to suffer, but I always look at it as, if I'm in a house and it's cold, I'm not just going to stand there being cold, I'm either going to put on a sweater, or turn up the heat, or both, because there's nothing especially good or virtuous about being cold.

Likewise, I don't see why being in pain instead of taking the pain pills provided is a good thing. I figure, that's what they are there for - why not use them and be relatively comfortable?

I think Dr. Brookoff said it very well when he said pain does not have a moral value, and drugs do not have a moral value (they are neither good nor bad in themselves) - what has a moral value is life.

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    So glad everything went well and I hope you feel better soon. Will keep you in my prayers

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Hey Lori, I am so glad that it went well with you. It seems like because we deal with pain alot that we could deal with it better; but I am a wimp too, I think maybe we get to the point and can't take it, and just need some help to give us relief from it even though it might be temporilary. No Lori, we are not wimps we just want relief.

Hope tomorrow you will even feel better,
    Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Lori!

Oh Lori,

I am so glad to hear that the surgery went so smoothly! I will continue to keep you close to my heart! Isn't it awesome when the IV goes in well!!!!!!!! I hope the pain subsides very soon and you don't need the Vicoden.

Love and HUGS!

Kara

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Thank you so much everyone for your good wishes and prayers, I really appreciated them/appreciate them!

The surgery went great, I was asleep the whole time, which is always good, LOL. Even the IV went very smoothly - the anesthesiologist put in the IV line (they are really good at doing that, I've noticed) and he used my wrist vein instead of my hand vein, and my wrist vein is a million times better, that one never blows. He injected lots of anesthetic first, so it was numb, and I didn't even feel the IV go in! I was so happy, because that part of the surgery is always the worst part, for me.

I'm a little sore where the incision site is, but I was given vicoden, so I will be comfortable until I'm healed up a little more. I'm guessing by tomorrow, I won't need the pain pills anymore. I probably don't really need them now, but I'm a wimp when it comes to pain, honestly. I'd rather not feel pain, if I'm given any choice in the matter.

Hope everyone had a good day today, and again, I'm so grateful for the good wishes and prayers and everything! You guys are great!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    Lori,

I am thinking of you now, and hope that all is going well for you. I hope that everything turns out okay. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Good luck Lori- will be thinking of you.
    do you have a vein that is -( gosh, can't think of the right wording here!) anyway, a large vein? I know that with me its my left arm, but they always want to use my right arm, and by the time they are through with me, I am so bruise its not even funny! Then they decide to use my left arm and they say-wow- that went in easy!! duh!
    Anyway, like we all said, will be praying for you. Let us know.

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Thank you, Kim!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Good luck tomorrow, Lori. You'll have a ton of people thinking of you and praying for you.

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Thank you, Tigger Gal.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Thank you so much, everyone! I will be thinking of you guys when I go in to the OR!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Lori

Always thinking of you Lori! My heart and prayers are with you as you go through this.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Good luck Lori. I am a fellow vein blower as well. I am the one they call in the anesthesiologist or the flight team in for. Not a nurse one that will touch these crappy veins.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Lori praying all goes well with your surgery tomorrow.

Sending hugs and prayers, Trishann

Leave a comment:

Working...
X