X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leelee88
    Support Volunteer
    • Nov 2006

Writing my life story

I decided the other day that I was going to start writing my life story, Those who know me here know I have had a very hard life..

But I honestly try not to dwell on it..

But the other day I was talking to Aprilmae and she said you know that could do you a lot of good to get everything out, because through everything I have went through I never seeked counseling..I had counseling on something else but not about what has happened t me in the past..

But anyways I took her advice and started writing..And I will tell you having to remember some of the things I went through with my ex was horrid,
    But I cried my way through it and kept on writing.. and I am still writing, but while doing this, it made me kind of laugh and say.. Hey wait a minute...I have been sitting here dwelling on this disease..lol This disease dont have crap on my past.. Now just remember this is me talking to myself

Writing what has happened in my life has really gave me something back. It opened my eyes and made me realize how strong I really am.. And has gave me a new outlook on things..If I have survived through 35 years of pure torture and hell, there is NO way I will let IC control the rest of my life!!!My ex did enough of that.

I believe writing down things and our feelings really does help.....
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
  • SandyRN
    ICN Member
    • Jul 2005

I think it's very brave of you to revisit your past. I have done that as well, in journals, and it's very painful for me to go back and read some of what I'd written. It IS the writing that's theraputic, and I applaud you for being so strong.

Hugs, Sandy
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

• leelee88
      Support Volunteer
      • Nov 2006

Thanks Sandy...

I think you are right about the writing
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

• waterflow
        ICN Member
        • Jun 2006

You can look back and track your life too. Compare things now with then and to just keep track on your IC would be interesting. I always thought I should have written things down everyday from the beginning of this. Just to see how everyday life affects the IC. Good luck with writing it. Do you plan on publishing it?

Comment

• leelee88
          Support Volunteer
          • Nov 2006

You know Waterflow I never even thought about publishing it.. I went back today and read what i wrote and it was like I was reading someone elses life..When I am done if anyone would like to read the rough draft, I would love to have yalls input...
          Hugs
          Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

• Trishann
            ICN Member
            • Apr 2006

That is great Ronda, Aprilmae gave you good advice. Sometimes writing or talking it out, gives some kind of sense of relief. But it does also takes alot of courage for you to do it. I did keep a journal awhile back, and when I look back on it, I saw the way the Lord seen me through things. I lost those paper when I did a major cleaning, so I am thinking the papers got mixed up with other papers and got trash. Since then I haven't did a journal.

It seems like you can help others when you remember what you have been through and the struggles but yet you came through it. Just like this IC board, we have a sense that we aren't going through this IC alone and even on are low days, we can have hope we can made it.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

• SharonA
              ICN Member
              • Jan 2002

*Thumbs up* leelee. I am so proud of you for "Facing the Giants".
              Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:

Link to the IC Diet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

• tigger_gal
                ICN Member
                • Apr 2002

you go girl.. Personally I think writing down things as you go really helps you alot.. I was writing a journal when Dave drank, I red it the other day, and I was shocked to read some of the things I wrote.. You keep writing and when you are ready to have some one read it I am here for ya.
                'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

• leelee88
                  Support Volunteer
                  • Nov 2006

Thanks Tigg...I would love your input
                  Hugs
                  Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

• ihurttoo
                    • Jan 2006

Ronda,

I think what you are doing is wonderful. I think it will be a great healing experiace for you. I also hope it is something that you will consider publishing. I would also love to read it when you get finished.

Just from reading your posts and PMs, I could already tell that you are a very eloquent and talented writer. You have a way of phrasing things that is clear and poignant.

I cant wait to read the finished product!! Kudos to April for encouraging you to pursue this! A true friend recognizes your talents and encourages your dreams. She is obviously a true friend!

Hugs,
                    Amy

Comment

Working...