No announcement yet.

How to make it easier for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There you go again Tracey, you are just like my daughter, she is a pack rat. She got these containers to put under her bed, and sure enough it is pack to the limit. She cleans the containers out sometimes just to fill it back up. But I understand, she is very sensitive because many of our love ones pass away in the last 5 years and some of the things are memories. She has been through so much heart aches and I am so proud of her.

You know Waterflow, I think there is truth in that statement about "It affected organized brain cell." I know you might have been joking but sometimes getting organize is so overwhelming now. I was never like this before neither. I mean I had a place for everything, nothing was losted. Maybe it is the pain pills, I just have to walk away from it sometimes.

I read an article the other day and it said, "Learn to accept your limitations." I think that is the hardest thing to do. But if I can grasp it, it probably be better for me. I won't then keep knocking myself over the head all the time because I can't do it. I guess that is why I want to get what is not necessary or important and get it clean up. I think it will be just easier for me to clean up then.

Hugs, Trishann

Comment

Trishann, I think with me I have a hard time accepting my limitations because of everyone saying there is nothing wrong with me or things could be worse and blah blah blah. Plus it's like how can the bladder do so much damage on my body? I wonder if people who have postive help with this turn out better mind wise then the ones who have negative help?

Comment

Maybe so, I read this article that said that we should not be hard on people because they do not understand. Kinda like I did not understand about taking care of a person that is dying with cancer. Our whole life changed for about an whole year helping to take care of a love one that had cancer. Probably something like Kara is going through right now. And I don't think no one could even imagine what it all involve in doing this.

I think sometimes we just want to be validated and sometimes we don't get this from people. Because we do have what you call an invisible disease and people can't see the pain. Sometimes it can make us understand the pain for other people when before we probably thought the same way.

I know Waterflow, sometimes it is hard to deal with it, the limitation and all. But I am trying to learn what I can do and what I can't do. All I can do is do my Best and I believe that is what is important. I still can make a different by the little things I can do. Just like you made Poetgirl that outfit for her baby. That meant so much to her and it send a hug to her. That is really what it is all about. Maybe it is a smile, or a Hello, or just sending a hug, that turn a bad day for someone unto a good day.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

Jerry and I bought one of those 4 ft high jewelry boxes and put it in the hallway. It is now our mailcenter, where Jerry puts his keys/wallet, and where we can keep little things like my memory card holder. We bought a nice one and it has made a nice addition to the home.

I also go thru my clothes every season. If I didnt wear it last year, then I dontate it to my college friend. Then what she doesnt want, goes to charity.

Our house is very tiny with limited storage. We can only have so much stuff. I dont like clutter
          Meds: Percocet PRN; Pyridium PRN. First symptoms Dec 2005. Diagnosed in March 2006.

I am the proud mom of a two year old boy! I was lucky enough to be in remission my entire pregnancy. If you have any questions regarding my pregancy, delivery, breastfeeding, or pumping, feel free to contact me!

Im on Facebook! Just tell me you are from the ICN. Look me up under Kim Wayne.

I love working as a CNA in a nursing home. Started school in August part time. Going for my LPN!!!!

Comment

Our cleaning service down at the ICN office (aka a remarkable woman named Catalina) had a great idea. In every trash can, she leaves about five or six plastic bags so that when she empties the trash, she doesn't have to come back to the bin with another bag. She just pulls one out, plops it on and saves herself an extra trip. Talk about a time saver!

Jill
            Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Kuntrygurl78, that is neat the way you do the bills and stuff. Thanks

Wow Jill, that is time saving about putting some bags on the bottom. I'm definitely trying that one. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

Working...
              X