X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trishann
    replied
    Kuntrygurl78, that is neat the way you do the bills and stuff. Thanks

Wow Jill, that is time saving about putting some bags on the bottom. I'm definitely trying that one. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Our cleaning service down at the ICN office (aka a remarkable woman named Catalina) had a great idea. In every trash can, she leaves about five or six plastic bags so that when she empties the trash, she doesn't have to come back to the bin with another bag. She just pulls one out, plops it on and saves herself an extra trip. Talk about a time saver!

Jill

Leave a comment:

• kuntrygurl78
    replied
    Jerry and I bought one of those 4 ft high jewelry boxes and put it in the hallway. It is now our mailcenter, where Jerry puts his keys/wallet, and where we can keep little things like my memory card holder. We bought a nice one and it has made a nice addition to the home.

I also go thru my clothes every season. If I didnt wear it last year, then I dontate it to my college friend. Then what she doesnt want, goes to charity.

Our house is very tiny with limited storage. We can only have so much stuff. I dont like clutter

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Maybe so, I read this article that said that we should not be hard on people because they do not understand. Kinda like I did not understand about taking care of a person that is dying with cancer. Our whole life changed for about an whole year helping to take care of a love one that had cancer. Probably something like Kara is going through right now. And I don't think no one could even imagine what it all involve in doing this.

I think sometimes we just want to be validated and sometimes we don't get this from people. Because we do have what you call an invisible disease and people can't see the pain. Sometimes it can make us understand the pain for other people when before we probably thought the same way.

I know Waterflow, sometimes it is hard to deal with it, the limitation and all. But I am trying to learn what I can do and what I can't do. All I can do is do my Best and I believe that is what is important. I still can make a different by the little things I can do. Just like you made Poetgirl that outfit for her baby. That meant so much to her and it send a hug to her. That is really what it is all about. Maybe it is a smile, or a Hello, or just sending a hug, that turn a bad day for someone unto a good day.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Trishann, I think with me I have a hard time accepting my limitations because of everyone saying there is nothing wrong with me or things could be worse and blah blah blah. Plus it's like how can the bladder do so much damage on my body? I wonder if people who have postive help with this turn out better mind wise then the ones who have negative help?

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    There you go again Tracey, you are just like my daughter, she is a pack rat. She got these containers to put under her bed, and sure enough it is pack to the limit. She cleans the containers out sometimes just to fill it back up. But I understand, she is very sensitive because many of our love ones pass away in the last 5 years and some of the things are memories. She has been through so much heart aches and I am so proud of her.

You know Waterflow, I think there is truth in that statement about "It affected organized brain cell." I know you might have been joking but sometimes getting organize is so overwhelming now. I was never like this before neither. I mean I had a place for everything, nothing was losted. Maybe it is the pain pills, I just have to walk away from it sometimes.

I read an article the other day and it said, "Learn to accept your limitations." I think that is the hardest thing to do. But if I can grasp it, it probably be better for me. I won't then keep knocking myself over the head all the time because I can't do it. I guess that is why I want to get what is not necessary or important and get it clean up. I think it will be just easier for me to clean up then.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    I love my swiffer wet jet!! It works great for day to day mopping. You do still have to scrub once a month and wax but it sure is better lugging that thing around everyday then the mop and bucket. Look in the Sunday paper for a coupon of $5 off. They don't always have them but once in a while do. I have the battery operated swiffer duster too for the wood floors. Kill sweeping and dusty with one stone.

Hey, maybe we each have the other persons missing sock?? I was thinking about buying the same kind and color. That way when one turns up missing I can just mate it with the other pair that has one missing. WHere do the socks go to? I know when they went in the dryer they were all mated. Take them out and poof. Gone.......

I have an awful problem with yarn. It is taking over my bedroom. I have leftover skeins and can't throw them away but I am working at using them up. Maybe then I can see the one wall of my room. I used to be so organized and neat until the IC happened. It affected my organized brain cell some how.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Ah your house Trishann DEFINITELY sounds like ours, lol! Only I admit it, I am the pack rat, lol. Hubby's constantly at me about it, Oh well, you never know - it might be something I'll need someday!

His dad and he have a term for stuff that's not really needed, like knicknacks of sorts and what not - they call it a "storage problem", lol. I'll be looking at something neat when we're all out shopping and his dad will look at him and say "looks like a storage problem to me!" - but his mom's the same way, lol. Where does he think I get half my stuff?? hee hee hee!!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Hey Sonja, I am going to get one of those swiffer wet Jet. My daughter and her two children will be staying with us for 3 weeks. My daughter's husband is oversea and she wants to be with Mom (me). I think a swiffer would be so much easier especially with grandchildren staying here. That is a great ideal.

Tracey you are so right about if you get a few things out of place, the house looks clutter because it is small. I hope no one wants to visit while my daughter and grandchildren are here. I don't want to spend all my time cleaning the house. I want to spend my time with my daughter and my grandchildren.

Waterflow, that would be great to just let someone else do it. If we move away, I think packing would never end. Today my husband and daughter started working in the sheds. We got rid of lot of stuff. We spend about 3 hours on it and I was completely wipe out.

Oh yes, about the socks and shoes. That is another never ending thing.

Can you believe this one? My husband clean out his hunting stuff and throw alot of things away. He had pull over sweaters back from 27 years, yep, it doesn't fit him no more. But he kept the pull over sleep bag that snaps because he loves taking it hunting. That is other thing that is about 27 years old. It was mine before we got married.

I don't know how we manage getting all of this stuff in the house and sheds. But it's time to do a good cleaning. I hate trying to get something out and have to make a big mess just trying to get to it. We have been working together, thank God, and hopefully soon we will get it all done.

Sending hugs to all, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Want2BPainFree
    replied
    Institute a no shoes in the house policy with your family.
    A new rule not to drop things and run.
    Buy convenience cleaning supplies if you can afford them. I currently cannot, but hope to one day get back to them. It is so much easier to dust with a swiffer, sweep with one, and mop with one when you don't feel good.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    My family just piles everything in the kitchen and or the dining room and they all get upset with me when I move it all when i have the time (usually the weekend when they are gone to work and I am home by myself) that is when I go thru everything. I have bins for bills to be paid, that are paid, etc. shredder for credit card offers. My husband keeps putting his junk on the bar and I keep moving it to the den, needless to say he keps getting mad at me for moving things, but after 5 years of living in this house (its a big one) you would think he would take a hint??
    As to the missing socks, I just started to get mis-match socks!! Don't know whats going on- I guess Texas is bigger than I think? Or maybe they are finding their way to some other state?

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    The easiest way I think would be to have someone else do the cleaning or when It is so bad move. Leave all the junk behind for the next family. They should invent houses that can be washed down with a hose. Furniture and all would be water proof. You open one side of the house and just hose it all down and have a big dryer to dry it all.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    That is funny about the socks, I have this problem also. Our place is pretty small and clutter piles up fast. My hubby is a school teacher and my table seems like it is always full of papers. Pretty soon I will forget what my table even looks like since I hardly can see it most of the time :o). At least now I dont feel so alone in this.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Yeah, Trishann, I hear you - our house is small too, so any little bit of clutter makes it look like a disaster area! lmao!!

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one with the "missing sock" issues! LOL My hubby wears all white ones, so like you leelee, I would think that'd be easy enough. Wrong. Seems like EVERY time I do the laundry, there's one orphan...ugh! I like your idea Donna for having a collection box. I think I am going to do the same thing - then when I have enough I can sort them out and see what's what!

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Lmao... Donna you are so right! How do we loose so many socks..

I just bought 4 big packs for the boys and I could only find 6 matches.. I buy them the same socks, because trying to buy differant colors was just getting to hard to try to find the matches, and even now with all of thier socks matching I still cant find pairs.. I believe we have sock munsters....lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X