Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• completely grossed out

Don't read this if you get grossed out easliy,

Sunday my neighbor comes over and she wants to borrow my plunger.. I almost said no, and now wished I had.. I just told her to bring it right back and CLEAN!!
    Tuesday I still did not get it back, so I tried to call, but there phones are not taking calls, so I go bang on there door and notta........... I was mad, had to run ot and go buy one...... Friday, he comes walking acroos the street with it in a plastic grocery bag and the bag had feceses in it and the plunger covered. I was absolutely livid.. I have no clue what Dave sadi to him, I know I would have said take that nasty thing back and clean it.. I told her not to bring it back nasty, When I see her I am telling her what her hubby did, returning it in a flastic bag full of crap literly. I tried to hose it off in the middle of the street, but the srentch was worse the a full outhouse on a 100 degree day... I got it soaking outside in bleach and soap...
    I told dave that it was soaking and I'll never make that mistake again. If je asked for it I might tell him where to stick it........ He tells me he couldnot wash it, the still have no gas going on 4 years, and no running water.......
    I should have just took it over there and sat it on his flippin porch.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Okay...you bought a new one right?

That thing would not be soaking anywhere on my property. I'd be burning it or throwing it in a dumpster far...far...away. AAACK!

And yes, it was rude to return it that way. Even if they don't have gas, or running water, I'm sure there was a way.
    http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

I think I would have told him to just keep it......that he needed it more than I did and I'd go and buy a new one......they're cheap!
      It's gross that he even brought over in a bag to start with! UGH!!!!!!!!

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
      Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
      Dx'd Hypothyroid
      Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
      June 2007
      Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
      First Cysto 1979
      First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
      Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
      Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
      Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
      Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
      Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
      Bladder surgery 2000
      Dx'd: IBS 2000
      Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
      Laminectomy 1989
      Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
      I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Oh cripes, Dave should have said "congratulations - you sir are now the proud owner of one nasty plunger! Enjoy!" And shut the door in his face, lol. If they have no running water, how do they use the toilet to need the plunger anyway? They could have got a bucket of water and cleaned it that way - or just bought you a new one... ugh!
        Hugs,
        Tracey
        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
        Others:
        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

SICK.

Im truly sorry you had to deal with this. That is gross. That was not considerate of your neighbor. I'm glad you got out of it without e-coli posining!

Erika
          IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
          Interstim Since 5/25/07!
          Birth Control

Comment

That is just plain nasty!!! You should have told him to keep it! Or I would have thrown it at his house. lol that is soooo gross. I would have asked him What the Hell were you thinking giving it back to me like that? Are you crazy? Seriously maybe he should be put in a psychiatric ward for doing that!!!! Yucky!
            ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
            Love like you've never been hurt
            Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

In most states it's not legal to turn off water for non-payment of the bill. At any rate, I wouldn't loan my bathroom plunter to anyone.

Donna
              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

well it is gone with the trash... After I posted we took the rest of the garbage out. I am still mad.. The plunger I bought isn't nearly as good as that one. I couldn't find one like that, I explained it to the hardware store and he says oh yea those are from the day, and the best ones they made. ok, is it that old lol.. think I will check out home depot. I have had that one for many moons.
                'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Gross... I probably would have brought it over and put it on their porch with a note saying, "It's okay, it's a gift... you obviously need one."

I can't believe how inconsiderate some can be...
                  Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
                  *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                  *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                  *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Tigger,
                    I have learned, when people ask to borrow things I just tell them I dont have whatever there asking for..
                    Now there is a few people I trust to let borrow whatever they need.

But what your neighbor did is just down right rude and disgusting!
                    Hugs
                    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
                    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
                    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
                    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
                    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
                    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
                    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I have learned if it is something you want to keep. Don't lend it out. isn't there a city code of having to have gas and water on 24/7? There is here. The city would have kicked them out long ago. I would have trashed it at first sight.

Comment

I think there is a city code saying that you have to have running water or leave..

Comment

DISGROSSTING as Colten says

Comment

Major YUCK!!!! I cant believe someone would have the courage to bring something back like that. They must not have any self respect what so ever.
                            God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
                            www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
                            Interstim Sept 2001
                            1st InterStim Removal May 2005
                            2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
                            2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
                            Hysterectomy 1999
                            Tubes Tied 1997
                            C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

lol Leslie I love Colton's word..

Comment

Working...
                              X