that little stinker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that little stinker!

I emailed a lady today and told her about the bumps on Patches tummy. She said yes they were nipples and she will be haivng kittens. Garfield had his fun and left me and Patches to defend for ourselves. She said to count 60 days so they should come around April 1st. Wonder how hard it will be to find them a home?

Congratulations, Granny.
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Congrats...

It shouldn't be too hard to find them homes. Just make sure when people come to visit them you watch them and use your gut... if you feel anything is off, do refuse to give them a kitten.... I would hate to think of the poor things going to bad homes...
      Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
      *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
      *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
      *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

When we had kittens, I put an ad in our local paper and found homes for all of them. As Jen suggests, use your gut feelings.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

How exciting! If I didn't already have 2 in a cooped up apt I would take one off your hands! Jen gave you some GREAT ADVICE! Keep is posted, april 1st is communig right up.

Erika
          IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
          Interstim Since 5/25/07!
          Birth Control

Comment

You mean you don't want to keep them all! How sweet! I love baby kitties. I found Scaredy Cat's kittens this morning. :woohoo: She had them in Mike's new dunebuggy. Right on his seat! She has 3 orange ones and a grey one. Grey cats are my favorite. I guess I can't ship them your way since you're going to have some of your own, huh? April 1st is really close. Just start watching her, she'll start looking for a hiding place to have them soon. My cats always seem to prefer my closet Make sure your doors are closed to any place you don't want baby cats living. I usually try to get mine a big box w/ some old towels in it. Have you ever had a cat give birth before? If not you're in for a shock. My last kitty just wanted me to hold her the whole time-which is odd; they usually run away and hide. Not good to have a kitty rubbing up on you while she's giving birth-ewww!

Comment

How many do they normally have? The lady told me Patches will know what to do. Watch I have the only cat in the world who won't have an idea of what to do. I won't give them away to just anybody. i was thinking of asking at doc's. One nurse has a cat so she might want another one but I wonder what they will look like?

Post a pic of the kittens when you can. I've never seen cats give birth but our dog did and that was way back when I was in high school so don't remember to much about it. Patches stays in the one big room out there. She could hide underneath the table but hopefully she will use the bed I made her for that. She is still sleeping on the chairs. Do you think she will know what to do? I'm paniced and worried over it already. Is this what men go through waiting for the big day? Wasn't it kind of messy holding on to her?? She wanted to share the whole experince with you.
              Last edited by waterflow; 03-22-2007, 09:30 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Oh yes she will know what to do! My brother and I had a "boy" cat that had kittens. We were about 8 and 10 at the time. She had them in my brothers closet. We witnessed all but the first birth and we were quite confused. I am sure that she was thrilled to have 2 little kids right in her face. We were really grossed out that she ate that stuff off the kittens, so we kept trying to clean for her as she was delivering. She had 5 (all tabbies). The cat's name was Blackie, so we decided there was no need to change it and confuse her. Yes...my mother had alot of explaining to do. The finding babies in the cabbage patch didn't fly anymore! LOL!

I also helped my dog have her puppies. I had already had my boys, so I wasn't as alarmed. I did have to help pull them out since she was in labor for so long and worn out.

Comment

I've midwifed about 4 litters of kitties..lol It's SO amazing to watch them give birth. It's icky, yes, but it's a miracle. I LOVED it. I did feel guilty because at the time I couldn't afford to get my kitty fixed...this was years ago. She delivered every time in my closet. I made her a nice place to have them and she just knew it was where she was supposed to go. OMG, its really fun to watch them root around for the nipple and find it totally blind. They dont have their eyes open for about a week after birth, and then they slowly open up...so don't freak out over that.

Your kitty will know what to do. It's nature at it's finest. It's just such a beautiful and cool process. I loved having the kittens run and play around my house for the 6 weeks or so they were there. They have to be weaned before they can leave and be eating solids, but we'll get to that when the time comes.

I'm really good at this kitty birthing stuff, so ask me anything and I can probably answer it. Sure wish I could be there to see it. It's scary, but its beautiful too!
                  *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
                  *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
                  *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Most of my cats had about 4-5 kittens. A couple of years ago I was raising feril kittens (ones w/out mothers) and would have to bottle feed them every two hours and make them potty-ewww. It was a full time job raising them. Itty was one of my kittys I bottle feed from 3 days old, and she's the one who wanted me with her when she had hers. Guess she never had a real cat mother to teach her. It was icky, yes, but so great. It is really gross when they start knawing on the after-birth! Totally natural for them to do that though. She might not want you messing with the little ones too much for a while. Most of mine were okay w/ it, but sometimes if you touch the little ones they'll hide them. I'll try to post pics of my new kittens tonight if they're still in the same spot. Scaredy's probably mad that I found them this morning already. Doubt that Mike would care if she moved them from his seat-lol!

Comment

Many years ago, I had a very small black cat who gave birth on my 5 year old son's bed. He thought it was so cool. She was very young but knew exactly what to do.
                      Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Just recently one of my very very good friends had one of her cats have A kitten. Just one, it was amazing. Neither one of us could believe it, and now Winston is raising all kinds of heck!!

Kittens are just so danged cute!
                        Hugs,
                        Tracey
                        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
                        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
                        IC dx'd Nov 2004
                        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
                        Possible IBS
                        Current IC Meds
                        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
                        Previous IC Meds taken:
                        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
                        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
                        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
                        Others:
                        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
                        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
                        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
                        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Lets say she has the kittens today. Now what do I do? Plus where do I keep them after they are too big for a box? I can't let them walk aroudn and pee all over on the floor? Hope she only has 1 kitten. I can deal with that.

Comment

The first few weeks of life she cleans their bottoms for them, so there are no worries about that. Make her a nice, clean place in a secluded area, and if you're going to use a box, use a BIG box with the sides cut way down. Baby kittens can't climb out of that for weeks. Once they can get out and walk around, they will learn to use the litter box. I promise you. Mama kitty will show them. She'll carry them by their necks for a while too. Also, put some old blankets, soft ones, and some old towels in the box, or whatever you use, and keep showing her where it is, and she'll figure it out. If you catch her having her babies somewhere you don't want her to, pick her up and put her in the place you made for her. Eventually she'll figure it out.

Cats are AMAZINGLY self sufficient. She'll figure it out for you. You don't have to do anything.

After a few weeks you need to start feeding them watered down dry food so that it's REAL soft for their fragile teeth. They'll start to wean themselves eventually, but really, that part we can talk about later.

My kitty had her babies in my closet, on an old comforter and some old towels. It was dark, cool, secluded, and she was happy there.
                            *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
                            *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
                            *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Ooooosh, Sandy that is a load off my mind. I'll need to get her bed box ready for her then and I thought maybe putting it under the table in the corner of the room. Or should I put it near the liter box so she doesn't have to carry them so far? It amazes me that she will be doing all of this but imagine she has to get them ready for life. Really happy to know they won't be peeing all over the floor. That worried me the most. Do you think I should get the cat food with milk added in it for her now? Think she will attack me if I go near while she is having the cats or if I want to touch them? I still have my stupid cat attack fear. Thanks so much Sandy for telling me all of this. Is a load off my mind. Maybe now I can relax and enjoy it all. (I'm the worrying grandmother.. )

Comment

Working...
                              X