Should I write a complaint letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I write a complaint letter?

I looked up that Rheumatologist that was so bad yesterday and found their email address. I really want to write a well constructed letter telling him how insulted I was that he insinuated my health problems are in my head. He told me that the repressed stress that I don't even know I have, is causing a lack of oxygen to my muscles and joints, therefore I hurt. IF I was to learn all about this theory, he could pretty much guarantee I would be cured of all that ails me. So he tried to sell me this book, so that I could heal myself. Such a crock of ____!

So, anyway, do you guys think I should write him and tell him my thoughts about the way he treated me?
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

I would definitely write a letter and let him know how you feel. What a self-serving idiot this guy is. If all it took were good thoughts to get my bladder feeling better, I would have been cured months ago.

I truly feel it's cathartic to verbalize when you feel there has been an injustice. And this guy needs a good kick in the #ss if you ask me. I say GO FOR IT!!

Comment

YES!!!
      Sandy, He has no right treating you this way.. It was like he was just trying to sell his book.. I would report his behavior.. I think hes the one who is crazy in the head!!!
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Dear Dr. ,

I am writing in regards to my appointment with you yesterday, March 22, 2007. I have been searching for a doctor to help me with these Lupus like symptoms, the itching, the pain, etc, for a long time now, and I had high hopes that you were the one that could help me.

Everything was fine with the exam and I felt you were a caring, compassionate doctor who was someone that was finally listening to me. That ended when you told me that I had repressed stress that had built up over a lifetime, stress I didn't even know I had. Then you told me that knowlege is power and if I were to simply learn about this condition, TMS, I could stop all the pain.

Apparently you weren't the well versed doctor that you appeared to be. You told me about this unproven theory called TMS, then tried to sell me a BOOK!!!! I have NEVER had a doctor tell me that I should buy a book at their front counter. Is this a side business for you to make extra $ or is the author giving you kickbacks to promote his unproven theory. You can bet I came home and did my research on the computer. This so called theory is not proven, nor is it accepted by most doctors. I found listings for it on quackwatch.com as well as many other websites that say this is absolute bunk. I knew it was bunk before I left your office, but when you pushed that book, I knew I was in the wrong Doctor's office.

I feel for those vulnerable patients out there that come to you for help, the one's grasping at straws trying to find out what is PHYSICALLY wrong with them, and are willing to listen to you and your cohorts (the author of the book) about this ridiculous theory.

IF knowlege is healing, well I should have been HEALED a long, LONG time ago. Not only am I am RN with a degree, I also am smart enough to do my own research into the diagnoses that I have been given. I understand what is wrong with me for the most part, and I came to you to understand the symptoms that I did not understand. I wanted to know what was wrong with me that caused the butterfly rash, the itchy skin, the kidney problems, etc. I did NOT come to you for fibromyalgia, or a lesson in some literally unproven theory that few, if any, competent doctors believe in.

I am writing this letter to tell you I will not be back to your office. I was so upset and insulted yesterday I did not even stop to get my blood drawn. I plan on taking the labs to my own GP, whom I trust wholeheartedly, and see if he can help me.

I did not need some psychobabble dx put on the paper that goes to my insurance company. I went through a LOT of psychological testing when all of this pain and fatigue started for me years ago. I am not crazy, I am not repressing anything, and I resent the fact that you believe I am.

I've learned yet another lesson. The good, caring, educated doctors are truly few and far between, and I am lucky enough to have a team in place that believes me, and treats my physical problems without making me feel they think I'm nuts.

Sandy S.
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

So....what ya think?

Comment

Thats great sandy! Maybe that SOB will think about it next time he damages someones spirit! I hope you feel better too now just getting it out on paper and imagining the look on his face when he reads it

Erika
            IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
            Interstim Since 5/25/07!
            Birth Control

Comment

So you think I should send it as is? I worried about the line where I asked if he was getting kickbacks....but then again, I DO wonder if he's getting $ for promoting this stupid book.

Comment

Sandy,
                That line in my opinion is extremly powerfull, and you should include it, in my opinion. Like I said in a post yesterday, my old uro tried to sell me cranberry bladder supplements after he diagnosed the ic. We have to wonder if its our better intrests they are concerned about or their own.

Erika

Current Treatments:
                Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                Birth Control

Comment

BTW I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SAY...

IN MY OPINION ONE MORE TIME, IT DIDN'T SAY IT ENOUGH IN MY POST TO YOU SANDY!

Erika

Current Treatments:
                  Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                  Birth Control

Comment

Thanks so much. I just can't believe all the miseducated doctors. How in the world did they get through medical school, then residency?? Someone dropped the ball with so many of these guys! Seems like they all need an MD refresher course!

Comment

I agree. The night I came home from the pharmacist with 5 new scripts, my Fiance Jake goes, "Well I guess the doc got his kickbacks this month, and when he's out to the Dominican republic next week we will know how he paid for it." This doctor is always on vacation, and I guess it makes sense.

Erika

Current Treatments:
                      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                      Birth Control

Comment

Sandy, I think you should get his license number and report him to the AMA. He is not the author of the book, is that right? The fact that he is promulgating this theory and then selling the book in his office at least gives an appearance of impropriety.
                        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I just wrote the NC medical board that gives him his NC license and asked how to make a formal complaint against a doctor. We'll see what they say.

Comment

Erika

Current Treatments:
                            Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                            Birth Control

Comment

Just a thought --- what if you were to reword your letter a little and send it to the doctor who referred you to him. Your doctor needs to know what happened to you. Whether you send a copy to the offending doctor is up to you, but you might want to have some time to notify your primary care physician, your insurance company, the licensing agency in your state, and the AMA first. You might also send it to Dr. Bennet at Quackwatch.

One reason for waiting a bit is that this guy could cause some real problems for you by making notations in your personal medical record that are not appropriate or accurate.

I have to admit that his actions make me seriously doubt his ability as a medical practitioner.

Warm hugs,
                              Donna
                              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                              X