I'm such a Clutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm such a Clutz

Ouchy, this morning I was getting ready for work. I used my chi flat iron to strighten my hair. after I was finished I turned it off and put it on the floor. I went to get my makeup out of my bag and walked back tothe mirror. Not paying attention I accidentaly slid my big toe into the hair straightener and it closed on my toe. I burnt my big toe... It hurts so bad! I cant wear boots I have to wear high heels. I wore my high heel boots and now my toe feels like it's throbbing and all I want to do is ice it. Only me would somehow find a way to burn my toe! It's kinda funny but it hurts. I'm such a clutz!!!!!

Rachel
    ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

OUCH!!!! I do things like that all the time...
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

As if my day couldnt get any worse. My boss asked me to take a drive to another bank branch to pick something up. On the way back I decided to stop my by my house and get a bandaid for my toe... I started to walk down my wooden stairs and fell down the stairs. I'm back at work my my finger is starting to swell and my back hurts so bad... I really messed something in my back. I hate today!!!!
      ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

I'm a clutz too! But I prefer to call it "creative walking"

LOL

Hope you heal soon! That's gotta hurt!

Hugs,
        Kara
        Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
        Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
        Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

Comment

Yikes, this isn't sounding like a good day. I hope your day gets much much better.

Comment

OH NO!

Rachel, we need new jobs...not to mention no access to anything we can hurt ourselves on!

Erika
            IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
            Interstim Since 5/25/07!
            Birth Control

Comment

Ouchie, ouchie, OUCHIE! I stepped on my curling iron once - feet are tender! Hope you feel better soon.
              Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I swear I should be wrapped in bubble wrap so I never hurt myself. Ha ha I trip down the stairs in the bank and everyone laughs at me then checks to make sure I'm okay. I get soo embarresed.
                My mom used to call me the Clutz. I could trip over air! Stairs are my worst enemy... I trip up them and down them. lol I should walk slower and watch where I'm going. Nice huh??
                ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                  Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                  Birth Control

Comment

Looks like today is not your day. What you need to do is go home and go back to bed and just start over. Who knows, it might actually be better than it already is!
                    Either way, hope you feel better.

Comment

Ohhh man I would love nothing more than to get back in bed and start over. I think it's the weather that cursed me. It's pouring here in nj. Rainy days are my worst days. I took a day off yesterday so I really cant take off today. Maybe tommorrow will be better. HOw's everyone elses day going?? Better than mine I hope!!
                      ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

&quot;The Office&quot;

This reminds me of an episode of "The Office". Michael decided to put a "foreman grill" at the foot of his bed and lie some strips of bacon on it before bed. The grill could be programmed to cook at a certain time, hence Michael could awake to the smell of sizzling bacon in the morning.

Needless to say, one morning he stepped on the grill.

Sorry about your boo-boo's.........and remember you can start your day over anytime you like. It is yours, after all.

~Punk~

Comment

Well, I'm sharing your enjoyment of the lovely weather here in NJ -- even my dog refused to go out this morning! I posted about it under "Pets Welcome."

I don't know, I think a lot of people would be capable of catching a toe in the hair straightener. One time when I was living in a college dorm, I was trying to iron on the floor of my room (OK, stupid, but I was about 17 at the time, LOL). I was also wearing shorts, and I somehow managed to iron my leg. I still have the scar from more than twenty years ago. It's one of my many "badges of honor" bearing testimony to the fact that, hey, at least I tried!

I am in bed with my now-dry dog next to me, and a bottle of painkillers on the nightstand, and my body is aching in sympathy with you. So, if I can feel your pain, maybe you can feel my comfort? Trying to send warm, cozy vibes your way!

Tout ira mieux demain -- Everything will be better tomorrow! You're owed a good day! And stay off those stairs!!!
                          Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                          Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Thanks girls... I just realized my right shoe is all skuffed up from falling down the stairs... I cant get it off! Arg haha I have to go home again on my lunch to change my shoes so I dont look like a total duffis. My shoe is black and it's got a huge white spot on the outside of my shoe so everyone can see it. LOL I should lay in my bed when I get home to see if I can start the day over.

thanks for all the love today...

Berkshire Road.. your story reminded me of when I first started dating my bf jamen. It was about 3 years ago. I was getting ready to go over his house. So I was straightening my hair when I wasnt paying attention and tired to get my side bangs straight when dontcha know I burned my forehead. Yup I had a big V right smack in the middle of my forehead. LOL I called Jamen and told him I couldnt come over, He said why so I told him. I got to his house and our friend anthony was with him. They both started laughing at me. NOt funny. Well it is now... I'm a total clutz in everything I do.
                            ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Working...
                            X