when she wants food she means it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when she wants food she means it!

I fed Patches her supper and went upstairs to do my 20 minutes of laying down quiet mind thing for PT. When I came back down there was Patches in the bag of cat food. Most of her body was inside the bag. At least now I know when she is meowing for food she means business.

Thats so funny....... shes something...lol
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

That's hilarious!!!

Guess you'll have to hide that bag from now on! I got a large container with a screw-on top, and put the dry food in that... it's like a bucket with a lid. Not only can Paddington not get into it, it keeps the food fresher, too. I think it was about $7 or $10. May be an option if you still have a Sneaky Snacker....
      Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
      *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
      *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
      *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thats what I 'm going to have to do for the dog buscuits. I have dogs that whenever we leave in the mornings they think they are going to get buscuits, well, one waits patiently the other one sticks her head in the box and gets hers out, sometimes she can get her head out and sometimes she can't so she walks around and shakes her head till she gets it off!! It is so funny.
        (This is the only way we can leave the house in the morning by giving the girls buscuits as the one that just sits if we don't keep her busy by giving her a buscuit or 2 she runs out the door - and sometimes so fast you don't even see her and it takes sometimes 15 minutes to catch her!!)

Comment

Waterflow,

Thats so funny! It reminds me of a story of a friend of mine. She was house-sitting her neighbors cat while her neighbor was away for the month. The cat was of the timid variety, and my friend never saw her but she left food out and water and noticed that every day both dishes were empty. Well, during the month the owner had arranged for some housework to be done on the house and after the maintenance men left, there was NO sign of kitty. The dishes were always still full etc. So, my friend thought maybe someone (like the maintenance men) had inadvertently let her out of the house. So, my friend looks ALL over the neighborhood and calls the kitties name etc. Finally she gives kitty up for lost. Two weeks later, while driving past the house, she notices kitty sitting serenely in the window. Shocked, she goes back in the house and finds that timid kitty had just been hiding all the time. Eventually timid kitty had tipped over the bag of cat food in order to eat and was drinking out of the toilet! What a resourceful timid kitty!

Comment

Lol. Is Patches your cat? It seems like I keep on scrolling over threads of yours and reading about Patches??? Hahaha. Anyways, that is hilarious. I always love it when pets do things like that.
            IC Awareness

Comment

Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
              Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Working...
              X