I'm so upset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so upset

I wrote a few weeks ago about my neighbors dogs and how they bark from 9 am to 6 pm every single week day, then on the weekends when the people aren't home. They leave them out to bark as they please when they go to work. Yesterday, their dogs dug another hole under my fence, and were running around my back yard 3 times. The last time one of the dogs had my cat cornered in a chair on my deck, barking at him and scaring him to death. I told the woman that I'm tired of her barking dogs, and that I won't tolerate them coming into the back yard again. I've put up with it and put them back over the fence, fixed the holes as best as I could, but they keep right on digging.

We wound up in a heated screaming match on the phone today. She told me she's talked to "ALL" my neighbors, and it's MY dogs that do the barking, and her's barely bark at all.

This is SO not true. I'm home with my dogs, and the only time they go out is when I LET them out. If they bark, the come in, plain and simple. There is NO being left to roam as they please and bark all day long.

She says I can go on and file a complaint with the city, she'll simply get ALL the neighbors to sign letters saying her dogs dont bark.

What am I supposed to do? I have to take a nap with EARPLUGS during the day to block them out. I open my sliding glass door, they hear it and instantly start barking at me, and my dogs.

I told her that if her dogs even so much as hear my dog's collars jingle they bark....ya know what she said?? "Take their collars off, what do they need collars on for anyway?" I lost it then.

I honestly don't know what to do.
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

UGH.... I'm so sorry, Sandy.

I'm not exactly sure what to do. Are you sure all the neighbors would say YOUR dogs bark? She's probably full of you-know-what, if you know what I mean.

When I lived in LA, I had a lover boy who lived next to what seems to be the exact same situation. He used to get soooo ****** off. I'd go over on the weekend and we'd be working in his garden, and the dogs would just start barking their heads off. He would go and spray them with the hose. It'd quiet them down for about 10 minutes, and then, woof-woof-woof-woof... continuous. He ended up calling animal control, who came and saw the dogs left out in the LA heat with no water, yapping away, and they took 'em away.

But I think I remember they got the dogs back.... *SIGH*

These situations stink!!!!

Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is to call animal control the next time her dogs dig into your yard. I also like the video camera idea to get pics of her dogs when they dig under your fence.

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I agree with the video camera idea... I'm sure she is lashing out at you due to HER frustration. She probably has NO CLUE how to handle her dogs. How to get them to stop barking and digging. You may need to educate her. Maybe suggest a good training center or book or option to help her. As far as the other neighbors go, they probably hear barking and don't care whose dogs they are! They would be happy to say anything to anyone to get it to stop.

I had a barking dog once, and I had no clue... I ended up having to give the dog away (cause I moved into an apt) But I found out that when I put the dog outside, people would walk by and feed him... then everytime someone walked by, he would bark... DUH!!

So, first get proof that HER dogs are the problem, then talk to her and offer solutions. You may get a better response. I hope it works out well for you.
        ~Diane
        dx: Spastic Bladder, chronic hematuria (that went away?), kidney stone... possible IC

Medical History:
        c-sections: 1988, 1991, 1997
        Viral Arthritis 1998 (Like RA, but went away!! )
        Pterygium & Dry Eyes since 2005
        Hysterectomy (Fibroids) 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me & Jerry ~ Sammy & Ryan
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

First of all, the "all the neighbors" thing is probably an empty threat. If it's factually true that she leaves her dogs out and they bark all day, then by all means, set up the video camera. With luck, you'll get video (and audio) of them digging into your yard as well.

We had this same problem (without the digging) with our next-door neighbors. They had a little dog that they left outside on a long chain while they went to work. The dog would bark for, literally, hours at a time. He was miserable and lonely; it was such a sad bark. AND the chain was long enough so that the dog could just walk onto our property, where he often relieved himself (including once in our garage -- SO gross). We called the police (animal control in our town is one guy on the police force) and they wrote a "warning citation." I don't know what would have happened, bc. one day the dog was able to slip his collar and he ran away (apparently he wasn't too happy in the house either). We have two big dogs also, and a few of the neighbors did think it was our dogs barking all day, but I am like you, as soon as they bark they come back in.

So, basically, I think you should video the dogs, and then the next time they are barking , call animal control or the police. If you don't have a video camera, just call the police every day. Most towns have ordinances regarding noise control, and you can show the police where the holes are dug in between the yards. Because of the way dogs dig, it's easy to tell which direction the digging came from. So if they're coming on your property, it's some form of trespass, it's nuisance, and it may be an animal welfare violation if the dogs don't have adequate water and shelter available while they're outside all day.

You don't have to put up with this, although you probably will have to put some energy into dealing with it. This neighbor sounds like a bully to me. It would be a shame to let her win this when she is completely in the wrong.
          Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
          Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I would call animal control next time they dig under and get in your yard. also you might try puttind cement on your side of the fence.. good luck.
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

You could try checking at your nearest pet shop for something to put down on your side of the fence to deter the dogs from digging. There use to be a spray called Boundary that keeps pets from going around areas that are off limits. Perhaps you'd be able to find this, or something similar and line your fence with it.
              I also like the video (or still pictures) idea.
              I personally would try all options before calling Animal Control, simply because I wouldnt be able to live with myself should the dogs be impounded then not adopted.

Good luck to you, dear.
              Diana
              (\__/)
              (o.O )
              (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Be sneakey and use the camera...she can't lie about what you catch on tape. THat ws a brilliant Idea!

Erika
                IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                Birth Control

Comment

I guess that's what I'm going to have to do is film them, with audio. Ya know, if it were MY dogs, I'd simply come home from lunch to let them out to do their business and let them out when I was home....they're quiet if they're actually HOME. I don't know why she's so rude and insistent that she leave them out to bark all day long. I sent her an email earlier and told her I was done playing and I'd have proof to give to the animal control, and sent her a copy of what constitutes a nuisance animal.

I'm really sad over the whole thing. I don't want a feud with my neighbors, but they're the ones who won't compromise. So I'll do whatever I have to do I guess.

Thanks for the ideas, they're really brilliant!
                  *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
                  *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
                  *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Working...
                  X