can you describe the baby hat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you describe the baby hat?

I finally got one of the hosptial baby hats done. what a time figuring out the right gauge (didn't have that listed) with the right needle. this is the weirdest looking baby hat I have ever seen. It sort of looks like an Easter basket. Will try and post a pic of it but I thought they were plain round hats and is a new born babies head 6-7 1/2 inches wide????????

Try to post a picture..and yes a babies head is about that big and some bigger..lol
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

All I kept thinking while knitting it is this can't be the right size. How painful it would be to have a baby head of that size. Ouch.....can't get photobucket to download anything. Will give it a try later on.

Comment

Yes, a baby's head makes up about 1/3 or more of its total length, and that's an average size head you described. (Of course, my daughter's head size was in the 95th percentile... and the epidural stopped my labor, we had to let it wear off... LOL, it really does come out through there! Nature is amazing.)
        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

What a wonderful thing you're doing!
          Mom's tend to hold on to their newborn's baby hats and blankets--I certainly have.
          Only problem was that my baby was too big for his hat, so the nurses had to go to the childrens floor to hunt him down one that fit, along with some booties and diapers..haha.

Keep up the good work!!

D
          (\__/)
          (o.O )
          (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Mary,
            The way you described the hats you are making sounds right. The was I got from the hospital looked like and upside down easter basket..But mine did not have a string around the neck, some do.. and it was a little more oval than round.. Let me see if I can post a picture of it
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I found this picture, The hat looks like the one I got from the hospital..

Hugs
              Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

I have some more picts if you want me to post them..
                Hugs
                Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

it was right

I took the baby hat to the hospital yesterday. Asked the woman if it was right with that bobble thing on top. She said yes. Told her I have never seen one like that.

leelee, the ones they have me make have what looks like a knitted pompom on top and a bow you make threading the yarn through the eyes you knit below the pompom. Photobucket still won't work for me. Haven't figured out why yet but when it does I will post what it looks like. Or maybe I can find one on the internet. Do any of your hat pics have a knitted pompom on the top? I have found some nice baby hat patterns on the internet but some use some kind of yarn I have never heard of. Thought I knew all there was about knitting and yarns.

Comment

No Mary none of mine had that thing on the top.. But that would be very cute
                    Hugs
                    Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Working...
                    X