Oh my gosh! Don't believe it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tracey,

Yes, I still need pain meds, unfortunately. The good thing is, it is often not as intense, so I don't need as MANY of them, but I still do have pain. My doctor said I'd probably still need them to some extent even after the implant -- since this thing isn't for pain, I didn't expect miracles with respect to that anyway

I do hear you about the car issue I can ride for at least an hour, maybe an hour and a half now. We haven't gone any further from home than that since the surgery, so I actually don't know if I could go longer... probably not, because like you I get a bit paranoid about it still
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Good Morning Jen!

I am finally getting to where I feel comfortable riding in a car for an extended time and I had my surgery back in 2002, so it takes the brain a while to adjust. We just got back from Birmingham after a road trip with my son and his future fiance' to look at apartments. Did I tell you that she accepted a job in the CCU department at UAB. She really wanted a job working either in ICU or CCU so that she can apply for her masters program. She wants to pursue her education so that she can be a nurse anesthesist. During that ride home, I did get a little scared when there were some stretches on the interstate without a bathroom in site. My hubby got a GPS for Christmas, so I kept trying to pull up the closest bathrooms and "Gloria...my nickname for the GPS" kept telling us that the closest ones were behind us. I did freak a little which I am sure made the urgency a little worse than it normally is. So your implant sounds alot like mine in that we still need the pain meds, and still have flares from time to time, but isn't it better than before!!!! I think I read that you have sat through a movie at an actual theater as well. Wasn't it so wonderful???

I just keep hoping that I will slowly gain a better energy level, especially since it's time for yardwork and that is a way that helps me reduce my stress level. I still can't handle more than 15 to 30 minutes out in the yard. Housework is worse, since it doesn't give me that stress relief, but I do feel good when it's clean.

Hugs!
      T83

Comment

Working...
      X